View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2008, 08:28 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Crushbone

I understand GM9's concern and categorization in "unattended gameplay" and I too am a firm believer that people should play the game and not have it played for them.

The tools in question that have been released are not really automated game play as much as they are an automated task. I fully believe that through UI scripting, you could automate a wizard or templar and keep them on /follow, and I would hate to see this done, but unfortunately, I do see this being done.

On my primary play server (Crushbone) there are around 5 known botters that are always there. They are running a script to run around the entire zone killing named and their PH's over and over again. This is cheating at it's highest level in my opinion. I would hate to see someone get reported for "Auto-Potioning" while these botters and gold farmers are running rampant.

The UI mods in question when being used by the average user are harmless and very useful for honest people, it's the people that would abuse them that causes the red flag to go up, but let's face it... they will cheat with our without this and future UI scripting, should we really take it away from those whom it could help because of that?