View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2008, 03:11 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narzoo View Post
<...>
There are people I know who would benifit from having many of EQ2's functions automated for them. A very good friend of mine often leaves her computer to tend to her kids at a moments notice. A button that she could click before she left so her character continued to heal her group would let her deal with her kids in peace without worrying about coming back to a dead group.
<...>
An Auto-Buffer would be cool...to buff after death
I suppose an auto-healer is possible though somewhat hard to custom tailor to a specific priest class. Comparing player health to prioritize healing isn't hard either. Despite that, I don't think I ever would create such a thing. Even for fun. Even as a proof of concept, it would only be expanding upon one area of scripting logic and very tedious to do.

I wouldn't mind the auto-buffing script though. I certainly don't enjoy clicking 12 buffs every time I die. Technically I already have the GUI and scripting needed to complete it done in another mod I no longer plan on releasing. The only problem is that someone able to figure out what I've done would easily be able to convert it into say, an auto-nuking script (which is what it does now). The auto-buffing script would actually be a few steps more complicated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nluerdarea View Post
Also, what is rays of disintegration and why would you want to auto cancel it?
It's a level 80 wizard spell that picks up to 3 or 4 mages in your raid, interrupts their casting an casts a 3 second spell on their behalf. I'm not a mage so I couldn't say if that 3 sec spell is worth being forced upon them. But as I said in my preface, it was worth someone asking if there was a way to cancel it.