View Single Post
Unread 11-17-2007, 08:44 PM
A Weald Wolf

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
You can do it, but both of those get read as part of the UI XML. One little mistake in either and the whole UI is invalid and the game reverts to the default. I had that happen the first time I tried adding a bookmark to the browser bookmarks. There's a ui.log file in your program directory that might have error messages pointing to the problem, but the usual troubleshooting tactic is to put the default files back in and see if everything works. If it does, one of your edits had a mistake. If it's still hosed, there's a deeper problem.
I think Im gonna hug you Tknarr!
After going into my ui directory and removing the shutdown xml entirely then replacing the (as written) version of the bookmarks.xml,
almost all of my ui pieces work!

The map is not quite right yet and my persona window is frelled, I actually get an error message with that one but at this point everything seems to be good to go! I don't know which was the culprit since I adjusted them both before trying to log in but that will teach me NOT to try and mess with things I don't have a clue about.
Well Im off to go put back all my in game preferences now and (MAYBE) actually get to play a little bit!

THANK YOU!!!!
Lexi