View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2005, 01:24 AM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Befallen
Default user question

i've been following this thread and trying downloads here and there. so far what i've got is an extra map window that will show me maps, with little dots and tooltips telling me whats there. the map window now has a loc input for waypoints.

i know the newbie freeport areas are said to be mapped out, however i'm fairly sure i saw that nek was also mappped out. however the map does not give any info and the one that spawns it's own window gives little info either.

specificly was i was hoping for was that area's would have a tooltip. example being things like that mound lake/pond in nek, or gargoyle canyon (also in nek).

having the map fog reset would actually be kinda cool, seeing how i've found these places but have problems remembering exactly where and ingame notes don't save (why soe didn't allow us to annotate or own maps in game is beyond me).

is this something that is a goal of this project? or does it do this and i just installed something wrong (from what i've read i don't think i did). i was hoping that it's to end up with maps like that gray-online but in game, so you could see where things were after you've unfoged them of course.

also as a reference for some areas and /loc info you might want to look at the quest database in http://eq2.ogaming.com/ for an idea of where to look for a map point.

good luck on the awesome project. i look forward to being able to look at a map ingame and have it make sense and have more information than it currently does. sorry for the disjointed nature of the post...been a long confusing day.

Last edited by noize : 01-11-2005 at 01:40 AM.