Thread: Marts UI
View Single Post
Unread 03-13-2007, 10:57 PM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere

Feedback from my initial use:

1. You should highly consider linking this thread in each of your individual pieces description. I went to the download page and almost posted there until I remembered seeing this thread the other day. It would make it easier for you if everyone posted in one spot and knew where that spot was.

2. Love the idea of tabs, as this would eliminate my need to open multiple browsers since I like having several pages of information to cross-reference. However, only the first tab uses the custom bookmarks that I created. For some reason, even though your bookmark xml file wasn't added to my ui directory, the other tabs still reference those bookmarks.

EDIT: This probably has something to do with what has been mentioned in the previous posts.

3. I have my homepage set in my eq2.ini file but the browser completely ignored this and always opened to a blank page. I used the Set Homepage button but that didn't do anything to change this.

3. Maybe consider switching the Home and Refresh buttons around. It might make more sense to have the Refresh near the Back & Forward and the Home button next to Set Homepage.

4. It would be really nice if the entire top portion could be eliminated. Somehow move the Close and Minimize buttons to the Menu (Back, Forward, etc) then have a small moveable button that could be used to maximize the browser. I like having the browser minimized sometimes but having the large bar on the screen can become annoying.

I'll continue to use this for the next week or so and see what else I can come up with. Nice work and thanks for the effort.