Thread: Map request.
View Single Post
Unread 10-23-2006, 02:21 PM
Fetish Core author
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Crushbone

While I agree that it's not too much work to hover over some dots for FREE XP...

I do wish there were more variety in POIs. A lot of people seem to mis-use them because they're similar...

Do you use QST or LOC for a quest update that is based on just being in a location (not clicking anything)? People use both, which is bad because it means you can't filter POIs properly.

Example: POI #16251 in Antonica (East). Its a clickable quest thing given as a LOC.

I'm also seeing people creating POIs for pages (the harvestable ! nodes). Isn't there a process of approving these POIs? Pages are random area spawns, and theres no guarantee that any given page will be in any given spot at any given time.

Now, for the L&L books and the pages that come of specific items I could see another POI type.

And one last POI type for markable objects (MRK).

One last thing... not sure if this is possible, but can clusters retain the data of the individual POIs? For example... if several dots become so close as to be indistinguishable / almost impossible to select any particular one, they become a cluster (or should). But then that cluster gets a POI, and the individual data for each part of that cluster seems to get lost. Perhaps instead have the Clusters pop up a window to select the poi you want (at which point it /waypoint's there).