Thread: SageUI
View Single Post
Unread 07-15-2006, 01:32 PM
An Undead Settler
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Nektulos
Talking Update

Quote:
Inventory window doesnt work with todays patch 7/13/06.

MainHUD_InspectPlayer doesnt work.
I have just uploaded an updated SageUI that is completely Live Update 25 compatible so check the downloads section for the new update. I am moving out of state and will be busy with the move and the selling of my house up here for a bit so I will not be playing Everquest for at least the next month. I will update the UI as neccessary though but I will be counting on you guys to let me know what needs fixing if anything.

Quote:
An explaination or by-pass for the "skip the EQ2 patcher" feature would be nice for those new to UI Sets, never seen this before.
You can delete the file eq2ui.loginscene.xml if you do not want to use the quick login scene mod. This mod allows you to login quickly and skip the updater and having to manually type in your password. You log in with just a click of the mouse by selecting your character from the list and clicking the "Just do it!" button. It fast and easy but if you are worried about entering password info onto your computer then just delete the above mentioned file. If you have a firewall and a virus scanner then your computer should be totally secure. I can't really see why anyone would hack someone's computer for an EQ2 password but I suppose it is possible. All passwords are saved on most computers when you click "Remember Password" after entering on at a site. This is encrypted but just as easy to hack if you computer isn't secure so I always recommend you use a firewall to prevent outsiders from getting to your info. If you are even using the standard Windows version you are safe and should not worry about this info being grabbed. Besides that no one doing a hack would be looking at this xml for a password anyways. Hope this makes you feel a bit more secure about using this mod. It is a great mod and very useful. You use the alternative Everquest launcher that is described in the instructions to bypass the updater to load directly into EQ2. Its way faster. You only run the updater when you know there was an update or patch. I usually do at least once a week and have never had a version error. I also watch the forums for when updates or patches are taking place so I know when to run the updater. Running it periodically keeps EQ2 updated sufficiently and prevents any errors.

Sage