View Single Post
Unread 11-14-2005, 11:30 AM
A Green Troll
This person is a EQ2Map developer.
Featured

Server: Blackburrow
Default Reskin and Plugin Architecture Busted!

Guys, I ran the Eq2Maps updater this morn and discovered the latest version of eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml is completely borked up. Here's a list of problems I've identified so far.

1) The UTF encoding is broken, resulting in the Map window being ditched from UIBuilder, which can subsiquently result in the Map include being omitted from custom MainHuds. This can be easily fixed by duping any default file, and renaming it to eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, then pasting in all map code following the opening <Page tag.

2) The OnShow scripts are hosed, apparently resulting from the Map being shown in UIBuilder, then saved. Doing this exicutes the first OnShow script which reassigns the script value, esentially blowing out the entire window initialization routine.

3) Issue #2 above prevents any plugins from being shown or activated.

4) The include for window_backdrop.xml was omitted (presumable because the default map no longer uses WC_Backdrop). This effectively disables all existing mods that reskined EQ2Maps sence this page was specifically toggled by the initiallization script to trigger 3rd party style changes.

I appreciate the work you all are doing on the project, but I respectfully ask that you not make such major changes to a community project that affects so many other mods without first atempting to consult one of the original architects. I am more than happy to pitch in and help update the XML, or provide input if needed. I check the site daily for PMs and am frequently available through Yahoo if you wish to reach me.