View Single Post
Unread 03-21-2005, 12:48 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Lucan DLere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger
Updates:
* (Unless it ever becomes possible to apply mods in multiple folders I'm not making it default to a folder named after the archive)
I'll try this new one out when I get home this evening.

About the furture and the possibility fo /load ui.

The way it's supposed to work is each of your mods are in seperate folders in the /UI/Folder with separate Skin Info files.

/UI/Default
/UI/NightElf
/UI/FetishNightfall

That sort of structure. Each of those folders has a SkinInfo file in it.
So when you do /loadui in game it will display an option for each of those folders. IF YOU DON"T have the EQ2.INI file set to point exclusively to one folder.

Remove your EQ2.ini folder.
Put 3 or for mods in the /UI/ folder.
So you have ones other than the /UI/Default folder.
As long as they each have the skin-info file.
Go into game and do /loadui and you will now have listings for each of the UI's taht you can switch between.
When this works. It should work the same way as the eq2.ini file. Meaning it will look in that folder first for a file, and if its' not found it will check the default folder.

As far as custom pieces, you would create a folder just as we do now called custom and install your pieces in that folder, with the skininfo file for 'custom'.
From what you said before, the character.ini files would also be included in each of the folders, so that when it loads the UI it loads things in the proper places.

So, the UI Installer 'suggesting' a new folder the name of the .ZIP file, I don't htink is a bad thing, The end-user coudl accept it, and if it's not there perhaps the program can create (or as it is now. the user can manually create the folder at that time)

It's confuseing to not have the option to click 'install' unless you manually select a directory.

Suggesting the Folder that eq2.ini is pointed to is going to get to always give you a overwrite message for the readmen and the skininfo file each time you donwload a mod.

Hope that makes sense!