View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2005, 01:25 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Runnyeye

Quote:
I been working on a way to mod this is the UI builder and its ok as long as you dont "run" and press any of the mods buttons, What I have been doing is making a visual template as it were in the UI builder , making note of the positions of everything then using notepad to actualy edit the files, with my new value's, seem's to be the only safe way to adapt this stuff...
Just to expand on that a bit,

I have 3 profile buttons,

Back up your custompreset files, to another location

Then load up the UI builder, Re arrange the buttons or whatever you are going to do.. It seems to be safe to use the "run" button on the UI builder but dont actualy click on the custom buttons "mouse over them" is oks.. But clicking on them adds button infomation to the performance profile file and you dont want that to happen!! lol

Its safe to change icons etc that stores the values in the folder correctly.

So once you are done you need to take note of 2 things !

1. The size of the new buttons eg= 10,15
2. The location of each one eg= 1,2 and 12,2 etc

Save in the UI builder then edit the backup of your custompresets files with the infomation above, Restore the backup files.

And all should work well.

Also I have added a shader button that turns the shadows off and on as well ,That I made in notepad but it wouldnt work untill the UI builder had added " " to one set of values.. I wont go into depth here, but I understand how that works now, after a bit of head scatching. Lol

Hope this is of some help to anyone else wanting to edit Kosmo's gizmo