View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2014, 12:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tknarr View Post
I'm working on version 1.5 of the QRB config tool. The new work involves adding access to the EQ2 data feed to retrieve spell information.
  • You can download the complete spell ID, name and level data for a given class. The data's cached for use when filling in spell lines, so after it's downloaded once you won't usually need to hit the data feed again. The download forces a resync of all spells, updating IDs and levels to match the current information and filling in any blanks where possible.
  • When filling in spells in a spell line, if it doesn't have the ID and level for a spell name in the cache it can check the data feed for the information. You can also manually force a refresh of any particular entry via a button.
  • When auto-filling a spell line, the tool will retrieve information for spells not in the cache from the data feed so the spells will all be current. The auto-fill feature depends on the spell line name matching the base name of the spell (the name without any roman-numeric suffix).
  • When creating a new spell line, you can retrieve a list of spell lines not already set up from the data feed.

I'm going to include a complete download of the spell name/ID/level data in the installer, so when installing it it'll automatically fill in any missing data. Being able to pull from the data feed will make it easier to add new spells as the level cap increases. And since the data feed knows about everything including AA and class-inherent abilities, it'll be a complete list.

I'm also thinking about how to rework the macros to use group/raid slot identifiers rather than character names, so QRBs work right with mercs. That'll carry over into the click-to-cure code in Profit as well. It can be done, but the window primarykey did had so many differences in the XML from Profit's standard window that I couldn't extract the relevant bits readily. The code has to allow access to actual names for tells and says too.
This sounds like it would be a great addition! Just curious if this is still in development?

Thanks!