View Single Post
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:48 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by permster View Post
Update: There is definitely some issues with length but even shortening the path I still had issues when the launch path has a space. I ended up creating a wrapper script that launches EQ2. I have DrumsUI Updater launch the script which then handles the launch of EQ2. Crappy workaround but it works.
It's a known behavior in the Java Runtime::exec() method. The obvious form takes a single string argument and tokenizes it on whitespace, first token being the program to run. Since the tokenizing ignores quotes, paths with whitespace in them cause problems. There's an alternate form that takes an array of strings which avoids that problem, but I'll bet the updater uses the single-string command-line version. Solutions are to put EQ2 in a path with no spaces in any of the parts, or make a wrapper .bat file located in such a path that runs the real launchpad.

Though I do as Mysstie does, I only run the updater when I'm expecting a UI update so I don't have it start anything. I use the EQ2Map updater to start the game, since I normally do want the maps updated before starting the game.