View Single Post
Unread 05-18-2012, 04:45 PM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordebon View Post
Wikia has been using the Oasis skin family (the "wikia" skin with the fixed width) for a very long time now, it's not a recent change. The monobook skin they don't even officially support anymore except as a fallback. They literally require the default skin for new users and non-logged-in users be that skin, so I don't even have the power to set Monobook as the default for anyone using the in-game browser. I'm not sure why you'd see the issue as a recent change Papabard since they've been using that layout for a long time. My guess is you may have been logged in before (and thus using monobook by user preference) and became logged out, thus seeing the current skin as new. Monobook has not been the default skin on EQ2i for at least 3 years (the current Wikia skin is not the first forced-default skin. Sadly the last one was at least decent).

Obviously since Zam is privately run they can adapt their site to ensure it stays at least relatively compatible with the in-game browser. EQ2i on the other hand is kind of stuck because it's owned by Wikia and only "run" by volunteers who have to follow the company line. People have been fighting the forced skin at wikia for more than a year (maybe 2 years by now, I don't even remember) but they refuse to change. Send all hate mail and complaints about the situation to [email protected]

I've tried to fix things for the in-game browser but I've had no luck. The in-game browser just chokes on javascript and HTML5; if Javascript worked okay I could work around things but without it I cannot find a way to remove the ridiculous unfolded navbar at the top and make the site presentable.

TL;DR: To use EQ2i sanely in the in-game browser you must be logged in and have choosen to use the monobook layout under Preferences.
I'm not the one who had the issue. As of the 17th anyone hitting the site gets the craptastic view seen here in the screenshot. I simply put down how I got around it by creating and logging in. Until the 17th I have never had an account on eq2.wikia so that wouldn't be the case as before. Oh and the white skin is what displays when coming from any browser outside the game. When coming in from the game we get that blue background garbage seen in the screen shot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	badeq2wikia.png
Views:	470
Size:	185.9 KB
ID:	7894  

Last edited by Papabard : 05-18-2012 at 04:49 PM.