EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   lost character (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9905)

katjane 11-30-2007 09:27 PM

lost character

Since we got our new computer and I redownloaded the program I have to go through the program to get the maps when I play. That's all right, I was getting used to that. last night I was playing and I guess all of EQ went down When I tried to sign back on all of my characters were there but not the one I was playing after trying several things, I tried entering the game through the normal game link and she was there. Tonight she is still not there when I go through the maps so now when I play that character I have no maps :(

Dolby 11-30-2007 10:36 PM

I'm sorry what your explaining doesn't make any sense. Could you expand a little more on things?

It almost sounds like you maybe have 2 installs of EQ2. One version your EQ2 icon loads and one version the eq2map patcher loads when its done. Thats the only thing I can think of. EQ2maps normally works even if you don't load the patcher.

Right click on your normal EQ2 Icon and choose properties. In the "Target:" field is the location where EQ2 is installed, post that text here. Then open up the eq2map patcher program like you normally do but quickly click on the properties button and post here the text found in the "EverQuest 2 Directory:" field.

katjane 12-05-2007 07:51 PM

i couldnt find target but here is the location from the normal EQ2 icon
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II

and here is the one from the updater:

"C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe"

of course I am still wondering where my character is? I was playing through the map updater on that character and the server went down since then I can access that character when I go through the EQ2 icon but she does not appear in the drop down or the character select screen when I go through the map updater. If I could get the map to show up though by entering the game through the EQ2 icon then it wouldnt matter I would just do that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 67295)
I'm sorry what your explaining doesn't make any sense. Could you expand a little more on things?

It almost sounds like you maybe have 2 installs of EQ2. One version your EQ2 icon loads and one version the eq2map patcher loads when its done. Thats the only thing I can think of. EQ2maps normally works even if you don't load the patcher.

Right click on your normal EQ2 Icon and choose properties. In the "Target:" field is the location where EQ2 is installed, post that text here. Then open up the eq2map patcher program like you normally do but quickly click on the properties button and post here the text found in the "EverQuest 2 Directory:" field.

Dolby 12-05-2007 07:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by katjane (Post 67500)
and here is the one from the updater:

"C:\Program Files\EQ2MAP Updater\EQ2MAP_Updater.exe"

Thats not the path I'm looking for with the eq2map updater. See the picture below (click for big view)...

Narzoo 12-06-2007 05:40 AM

Just because your character isn't in thedrop down list, doesn't mean she isn't there.

Leave the drop down list blank, but click the big play button and choose your character at the Character Select Screen.

As for why the maps do not work, I agree with Dolby that it sounds like you have 2 EQ2s. One has the maps, and one does not.

katjane 12-07-2007 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 67502)
Thats not the path I'm looking for with the eq2map updater. See the picture below (click for big view)...

sorry here it is:

Everquest 2 directory
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II

Auto Lanuch EQ

C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe

katjane 12-07-2007 08:37 PM

she is not on the char list screen either if I go through the map interface

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzoo (Post 67512)
Just because your character isn't in thedrop down list, doesn't mean she isn't there.

Leave the drop down list blank, but click the big play button and choose your character at the Character Select Screen.

As for why the maps do not work, I agree with Dolby that it sounds like you have 2 EQ2s. One has the maps, and one does not.

lordebon 12-07-2007 10:51 PM

Try creating a character and then deleting it. Sometimes that can cause the charselect to "refresh"

Also, how many characters do you have, and how many are showing up in char select?

And finally, characters failing to show up are a SOE issue and not a UI one, so it sounds like petition time, unfortunately (if the char create / delete method doesn't work).

katjane 12-09-2007 09:55 AM

I have 6 chars all the slots are taken I dont think Sony will help because if I go through their patcher it is fine it is just when I go through the map link also everything was fine until a few weeks ago when I lost connection while playing

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 67585)
Try creating a character and then deleting it. Sometimes that can cause the charselect to "refresh"

Also, how many characters do you have, and how many are showing up in char select?

And finally, characters failing to show up are a SOE issue and not a UI one, so it sounds like petition time, unfortunately (if the char create / delete method doesn't work).

lordebon 12-09-2007 02:50 PM

That's very odd. You're saying that whenever you use the "Open EQ" link on the autoupdater, it opens the patcher and when you go in some of your characters are missing? And yet, if you open the patcher directly, you don't have that problem?

When you log in via the patcher to a non-missing character, can you /camp <name> to a missing character?

katjane 12-14-2007 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 67621)
That's very odd. You're saying that whenever you use the "Open EQ" link on the autoupdater, it opens the patcher and when you go in some of your characters are missing? And yet, if you open the patcher directly, you don't have that problem?

When you log in via the patcher to a non-missing character, can you /camp <name> to a missing character?

that worked thank you I wasnt aware of that particular command.