EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   UI Developer Discussion (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How to activate combosboxes? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6980)

komives 11-11-2006 10:39 AM

How to activate combosboxes?

like you can use "...button.Press=true", i would like to know how to do the same with dropdownboxes?

is there an "...dropdownbox.Activate=1" or "...dropdownbox.Select=1", or this thing is not there?

Any advice welcome!

DeaDBeaT 11-11-2006 11:32 AM

You'll need a dropdownbox, dropdownbox source, and a hidden button.

Example:
MyDropdownbox OnSelect='parent.MyCommandButton.OnPress=SelectedItem.command'

MyCommandButton
OnPress='SelectedItem.command'

<DataSource Items="parent.MyDropdownbox.SelectedItem.command" Name="MyDropdownSource">
<Data Name="PlaceHolderForPickOne" text="Pick One"/>
<Data command="someCodeHere1" Name="someCodeHere1" text="someFriendlyNamehere1"/>
<Data command="someCodeHere2" Name="someCodeHere2" text="someFriendlyNamehere2"/>
</DataSource>

gm9 11-11-2006 11:37 AM

OnDoubleClick and on OnSelect are what you are looking for, never needed a hidden button. :)

komives 11-11-2006 12:04 PM

i need to clarify one thing on what i really wanted to do:

there is one (or more) visible button that can be clicked, and one dropdownbox that normally selects saved market searches.

when user clicks one of the buttons, they would make dropdownbox to jump to a fixed selection, which in turn would update all other input fields.

i would prefer this, as i hate navigating that dropdownbox somehow, i find it difficult to select its items...

does your example helps with my problem? i dont get 100% your example thats why i try to explain the exact thing i'm aiming at :)

gm9 11-11-2006 12:24 PM

Set the SelectedItem via your button and then update the text fields via the OnSelect of the Dropdown.

komives 11-11-2006 02:31 PM

Still cannot get it running, but at least the buttons select the dropdownbox items. However, the box doesnt further update the rest of the controls (tier/class/name/level etc)... Could you please check and correct my code?

In the example i have removed the non relevant positioning and tooltip tags to see better:

<Button LocalText="1" Name="mf1" OnPress="Parent.Parent.MainPage.TabPages.BuyPage.SearchFilter.SelectedItemIndex= 1">1</Button>

<Button LocalText="2" Name="mf2" OnPress="Parent.Parent.MainPage.TabPages.BuyPage.SearchFilter.SelectedItemIndex= 2">2</Button>

<DataSource Name="FilterSource">
<Data Name="TestItem 1" text="Saved Search 1"/>
<Data Name="TestItem 2" text="Saved Search 2"/>
<Data Name="TestItem 3" text="Saved Search 3"/>
</DataSource>

<Dropdownbox DataSource="FilterSource" Name="SearchFilter" RowTemplate="/Templates.dropdowntemplate" Style="/dropdownlist.dropdown_default"/>

Landiin 11-12-2006 05:33 AM

I don't know for sure, but if its selecting the correct item but not populating the fields, it sounds like it may be looking for a mouse click event to trigger the population. in the OnPress event of the button try adding ../SearchFilter.Press=True. I Never have tried that property with a dropdown it may work.

komives 11-12-2006 09:51 AM

I tried that, but didnt work. I wonder if its possible at all?

Zonx 11-13-2006 11:08 PM

Failry sure population of search fields from the default saved favorites menu is handled by a hard-coded event we can't trigger via script.

I've run into this same problem elsewhere. I'm guessing the OnSelect script event is not wired to trigger the corisponding hard-coded event.

komives 11-14-2006 11:29 AM

yup, it seems so.

i also tried to populate the maxprice field, but failed. seem the control only updates text, but fails with the actual data... i guess its because you are forced to use that popup coin panel.

i wanted to add also this maxcoins field to the favorites (to remove expensive junk), but failed again :)))

ohh well, its seems to me that EQ2 UI is not that flexible at all (or at least not really consistent).

one more thing to mention before i give up modding, ProfitUI roxx!!!, kudos for the maker!

GL with modding guyz, thanks for the suggestions!

Zonx 11-14-2006 05:16 PM

Actually, just about everything else in the Market window can be automated except the default saved searches menu.

Fetish Nightfall has included customizable search menus longer than SOE has, and they do allow setting min and max prices ;)