EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThorUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Targetting causes cure ailments (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6459)

nizmarck 07-16-2006 12:39 PM

Targetting causes cure ailments

Ok, I've checked all over creation, so finally gonna post.

I've noticed that since this latest patch, when I target a group member using the group window ui, I will automatically try to cure him of an ailment.
this is random somehow....It seems to be noxious, trauma, or some of the other ones, and it automatically goes off when I just try to target. Makes targetting when invisible impossible, I get the "Interrupted" msg, or text saying I do not have that spell ability all the time.

Anyone else having this problem?
Anyway for me to totally disable it. I'm not a healer, and even if I would be, i wouldn't heal using this icon to heal them anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Nizmarck
Crushbone

Magus 07-16-2006 03:46 PM

Remove your custom group window.

nizmarck 07-16-2006 04:54 PM

I just tried that. Still causing problems. It isn't even casting the correct cure for the ailment..(I had arcane and it didn't cast cure arcane when i targetted myself.)

ShadowProwler420 07-16-2006 10:07 PM

The group windows provided through the auto updater have the "click to cure" function in them. If you do not want this ability, delete the group window file, uncheck the group window in the Features section of the updater, and either use the default group window or go find a different one.

Faetyl 07-16-2006 10:57 PM

Don't click where the click to cure icons are ;)
Click on the health or power bars instead

If that doesn't work for you then yep uninstall the group window.

Note: To those that have the abilities simply click on the icon of the effect to cast a cure on that groupmember.

As for the reported interrupts: All it does is send a useability curearcane and so forth so not sure where the interrupts are coming from as all the game would do is tell you that you don't have that ability...

nizmarck 07-17-2006 12:53 PM

well, the interrupts are from the cure arcane ability...that mages usually have...its the only one we get.

I'll try to completely remove it, and see how it does.
should I get rid of the .ini as well, or is that part not necessary?

thanks again

Faetyl 07-17-2006 07:12 PM

removing eq2.ini would stop you from using any of the thorui files.
you want to just get rid of the group window i assume so you should delete "eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml" from the thorui directory.

vrmar6n 07-26-2006 04:41 AM

Misfiring cures? why?

This group window is great.
Installed new click-2-cure group window as my present c2c (http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4261) was too huge. This one looks more compact (cure icons are bit too small for some people to click in battle mess) but this c2c has some unpleasant behaviour - it fires cure spell even when there is no "trauma" on target ... just by clicking target on the coords where cure icons are (hidden).
Is it possible to make hidden core buttons inactive when there is nothing to cure on that player? It is quite unpleasant to cast unnecessary spells wasting time and MP.

Edit: I know, you can tell me to click elsewhere eg. HP/MP bars to change target but ewhen in the battle I am not able to aim so accurately. Besides that I even sometimes misclick to next trauma which is not active in that moment and it fires cure spell of wrong type - it shouldn't do anything in that case I think.

This is just an idea... I like to whime :rolleyes: do not blame on me...

Faetyl 07-26-2006 10:23 PM

I'd love to make it that way and would if i could. ;)

noahbody 08-02-2006 11:47 AM

I use ThorUI, but when I click on players aiments, nothing happens. Is there a separate module I need to install?

Thanks

Faetyl 08-02-2006 07:54 PM

You need to have the "Left fill Right Full Size" group feature selected.
Check your features selection.

cephas2101 08-05-2006 08:25 AM

An even easier way around this is dont click to target players, instead press f1 for yourself and the other function keys to target other players.