EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pre-Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   TabletsII Preview (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=437)

Talyns 11-24-2004 03:56 AM

TabletsII Preview

2 Attachment(s)
Heres a preview of what I've been working on..

Edit: fixed attachment.. Dunno how I managed to erase it.
Edit2: Deleted first attachment and added 2 new ones

Ellyana 11-24-2004 04:11 AM

Very nice!

Dolby 11-24-2004 04:49 AM

Hmmm some one stold the picture!

Talyns 11-24-2004 05:55 AM

Oops, fixed now :)

Talyns 11-27-2004 10:43 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Progressing slowly:

I tried 3 times(different ways) to change what the hotkeys look like by adding my own IconStyle. The client doesn't like it and crashes with a memory access error.. So they are still default for now..

notnilc 11-27-2004 11:15 AM

Talyns...If that compass is functional please consider relesing it as a stand alone piece.

The default compass is to dark.

Tx

skipsandwichdx 11-27-2004 11:40 AM

Not bad, I like it! Will you be releasing different color versions? The blue is a bit too vibrant for me :)

Ruffic 11-28-2004 01:46 AM

I really like what you have so far and am anxious to see more screenshots. Keep up the good work!

Talyns 11-28-2004 05:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Another screenshot.. This time with Player and Target window:
The jpg format makes the screenshots look blotchy/smeared.. In game it's not smeared..

skipsandwichdx:
If I darkened the lighter blue some; would it help?

I'll probably do, Blue, Grey, Prple, Red, Green.. In that order.
But no promises. ;)

notnilc:
I will see about seperating the compass.. shouldn't be too hard.. That was the first thing I coded.. Seems to be functioning correctly.

edit: attached the compass..

skipsandwichdx 11-28-2004 10:08 AM

A gray would be awesome. :)

Khross 11-28-2004 12:08 PM

Hurry up with this! I need something clean to use.

Ruffic 11-28-2004 09:30 PM

Nice! I'm really excited for a beta version.

Cummins 11-29-2004 12:24 AM

Woot!!!

WOOT! You have no idea I was hoping you would make your UI for EQ2 as well. It's the biggest thing I miss about EQ1!! MEGA CHEERS!!!! :D :D :D

Caitlin 11-29-2004 02:38 AM

This is coming along nicely. A little to "techy" for my liking but its great seeing some mods coming out.

Talyns 12-02-2004 04:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I attached 2 new screenshots to the first post..

I'm also attaching a Pre-Beta preview version of the UI..

Meaning no bug reports are needed yet.. I know it's a little buggy..
But, so is the default UI and Loading mechinisms.. Suggestions / Comments are still welcome :)

Progress will soon crawl (Slower than Now) for a few weeks.. I will have little free time for a while..
My free time will be used to play :D

To install this unzip to a folder in your EQ2/UI folder..
Then make a EQ.INI file in your EQ2 folder that looks like so:

Code:

cl_ui_skinname FolderName
cl_ui_subdir UI/

To Uninstall (Stop Using UI) delete/rebane the EQ.INI

Cummins 12-02-2004 06:42 AM

suggestions and comments

It's lookin fantastic and I look forward to the finished version. IF you're open to suggestions I have a small wishlist (seeing as this is my favorite UI in EQ1, I'd love to be able to have it in EQ2 as well).

1. Would love to have the mini Stat Box that I can keep next to or below my HP/Power box.

2. Like somone else had mentioned earlier...a grey version.
&
3. A custom group window with the F2-6 labeled like the EQ1 version.

Those are listed in order of preference. Hope I don't come off like a needy 12 year old. I'm just a needy 31 year old that is resistant to change. :D I hope you know how much us low tech users appreciate all your hard work. Without you, our gaming experience would be much less enjoyable.

THANK YOU!
Cummins

Imadruid 12-02-2004 08:08 AM

Lol

Like your name. One of my characters is Uitester :)

Shasriel 12-02-2004 12:11 PM

Woot, yeah happy to see you are working on an EQII UI, i use your UI in EQ1, am sad that you won't be updating that one anymore since I am playing both games. Can't wait for the finished UI. :p

Ellyana 12-02-2004 07:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the only problem I see so far is this..

You can resize the blue part to the correct size , but it goes back everytine the bags are reopened.

Talyns 12-03-2004 06:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I'm attaching an update for the compass.. It will update the compass in the UI preview and the seperated one.. It adds location indicators to the top of the compass:

left indicator: green indicates far left location number will increase, Red it will decrease, black is neutral;
right indicator: Same except it's for the far right number of location..

Cummings:
I plan on all them things.. I attached a group window with F2-F6 tags

Ellyana:
I know. I wanted to make the bag windows more like the hotkeys windows.. I tried putting the bagslots in an archive, hoping they would rearrange them selves like the hotkeys.. No such luck, crashes the client whenever you open a bag :P I will revert it to work like the default soon..

Shintrail 12-07-2004 12:32 PM

I can't wait for you to get this one done. I saw it in the "What does our UI look like" thread. I am sure I will be using it soon.

GREAT work.