EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   OnKeyPress? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2698)

Sheyn 04-23-2005 09:40 PM

OnKeyPress?

Hi all, recently through this forums' help I was able to make a min/maxing Inventory window using Buttons with the OnPress property.

I'm curious tho, what is (or even if it's allowed) the command for keyboard presses?

I.e., I normally press "I" to open my inventory window altogether, but would like to change it so that "I" also functions as the min/max input.

OnKeyboardPress?
OnInput?

I have no idea! Thanks for anyone consideration

decadre 04-23-2005 10:49 PM

my guess

I would guess OnKeyboardPress if those are your options. As far as I remember from my glorious and wonderful edjumacion keypresses are stored in a buffer, so you technically need to be looking there, and if you have OnKeyboardPress, that would make sense to me.

Zeyr 04-24-2005 01:17 AM

I don't think we're allowed to catch any keypresses. Just enter and escape as default/cancel buttons.

Deathbane27 04-24-2005 03:25 AM

If I recall what I've seen discussed correctly, you can add IsCancelButton="true" to a button, and it will catch the open/close keypress for that window. I have not used this myself, however.

Sheyn 04-24-2005 10:23 AM

Ack, okies then it sounds like a gray area type thing. Perhaps I'll leave it be.

Ideally what I was going for is, remapping my Open / Close Inventory Window button to something I'd hit once when I log in, say letter Y.

Then I minimize my Inventory window so that (mod'd of course) 2 of my 6 Inventory slots are showing only. This allows me to hotswap Activatable items (such as Heal Potions, Horse whistle, Curing Potions, Totems, etc.) quickly without looking into my bags for them.

The trouble is, I keep hitting the I key to maximize the window, where instead I was simply Opening / Closing the whole Inventory Window.

I'll stick to using the OnPress buttons I added to min / max it. Don't want to get into any kind of EULA trouble :(

Thanks everyone for your time!

Kosmos 04-24-2005 12:21 PM

It's not so much problem with the EULA, it's getting it to work the way you want it to work.

Here is what I suggest.

Use the 'OnShow' and 'OnHide' events to toggle the window between the minimized version and the extended version.

That way each time you hit the 'I' key it will toggle the window for you.

dc_roenfanz 04-24-2005 12:48 PM

Hmmmm. Logically this makes sence, but I'm having trouble conjecturing how she would use the IsCancelButton and OnShow/Hide at the same time. I guess I would hafta see this window in action. Is it similiar to FetishInventory? It seems doable to me, but my brain is all mush right now :(

Kosmos 04-24-2005 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_roenfanz
Hmmmm. Logically this makes sence, but I'm having trouble conjecturing how she would use the IsCancelButton and OnShow/Hide at the same time. I guess I would hafta see this window in action. Is it similiar to FetishInventory? It seems doable to me, but my brain is all mush right now :(

I'm just guessing of course, but I would have to see the XML for her window.
But it seems like it wouldn't be all that difficult.

Deathbane27 04-24-2005 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sheyn
Ack, okies then it sounds like a gray area type thing... Don't want to get into any kind of EULA trouble

There is no gray area or EULA trouble. Zeyr either meant "capable" instead of "allowed", or he was incorrect.

Kosmos 04-24-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbane27
There is no gray area or EULA trouble. Zeyr either meant "capable" instead of "allowed", or he was incorrect.

Perhaps I missed something?

I though this person just wanted a window to expand or contract on a key press?

Zeyr 04-24-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbane27

I meant capable. It doesn't violate the EULA in anyway, but as far as I know you can't capture keystrokes outside of what's already there. I'm happy to be proven wrong though! Being able to capture keystrokes for our own hotkeys would be very nice!

I'll try to be a bit more precise in the future, I didn't mean to cause any confusion.

Deathbane27 04-25-2005 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kosmos
Perhaps I missed something?

I though this person just wanted a window to expand or contract on a key press?

You missed nothing. Sheyn mis-interpretted something Zeyr said. What he wants is very much within the realm of what we can and are allowed to do.

Sheyn 04-25-2005 10:09 AM

Hehe yes, oops, I misinterpreted the 'allowed' part to mean eula instead of coding allowed. :(

I'm still such a newb that I'm not sure how to implement the IsCancelButton property, and I'll play around with the OnShow/OnHide stuff to see how that affects things.

Thanks again everybody!