EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Koolmaniscool's question.. (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13526)

Landiin 11-02-2009 09:28 AM

Koolmaniscool's question..

Threads get locked around here faster then they do at SOE forums. Are we so leet now we can't even help the person asking the questing.. I'm must about done with this place with some of your attitudes..

koolmaniscool to answer you questing you haven't supplied the correct path to eq2. Do that and every thing will fall into place. Or Use my updater and just drag and drop you icon into the app.

Dolby 11-02-2009 01:52 PM

Yeah threads get locked here really fast. 1 thread gets locked in what 6 months (not counting spam)? We've always locked necro posts on support threads because 90% of the time their problem is different. In another 6 months please just send me a PM.

Take a deep breath :) /hugs Landiin

Landiin 11-02-2009 02:20 PM

Ok maybe I over shot the number of locked threads a little bit. :eek:

koolmaniscool 11-02-2009 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 86784)
Threads get locked around here faster then they do at SOE forums. Are we so leet now we can't even help the person asking the questing.. I'm must about done with this place with some of your attitudes..

koolmaniscool to answer you questing you haven't supplied the correct path to eq2. Do that and every thing will fall into place. Or Use my updater and just drag and drop you icon into the app.

when I try your eq2 map download it says Cannot create folder. C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\EQ2MAP111

Thx for reply. I cant beleave I am having such problems. Not from you just this whole thing. I had stopped playing for 2 yrs. I used to have it on my other pc, it was great.
If and when I am able to get that far you said drap and drop in app folder did you mean eq2 maps I am not a comp wiz. I have an idea but where it.

Landiin 11-02-2009 05:31 PM

If you use my app just open the zip file and extract the file to where ever you want to run it from. The executable name is eq2map.exe. Once you have that unzipped then run it. If you need to give it admin it will tell you to do so before letting you run it.

Once installed go to setup and drag and drop your eq2's shortcut into the eq2's path field and it will parse the shortcut and get the correct path for you. Or you can just brows to your everquest2 folder.

If you are using station launcher just look in the settings and it'll show you where it installed EQ2.

Either way your issue is the current updater doesn't know where eq2 is. You need to find out where it is on you hard drive then tell either updater where it is and you should be good to go.

koolmaniscool 11-03-2009 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 86792)
If you use my app just open the zip file and extract the file to where ever you want to run it from. The executable name is eq2map.exe. Once you have that unzipped then run it. If you need to give it admin it will tell you to do so before letting you run it.

Once installed go to setup and drag and drop your eq2's shortcut into the eq2's path field and it will parse the shortcut and get the correct path for you. Or you can just brows to your everquest2 folder.

If you are using station launcher just look in the settings and it'll show you where it installed EQ2.

Either way your issue is the current updater doesn't know where eq2 is. You need to find out where it is on you hard drive then tell either updater where it is and you should be good to go.

I will try that. Thanks again for helping me with my problem.

koolmaniscool 11-05-2009 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 86792)

Thank you for your help I got it to work. Nice to have ppl like you to help. Some dont.

lordebon 11-05-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koolmaniscool (Post 86833)
Nice to have ppl like you to help. Some dont.

We try. But the reasons the old thread were locked stand -- it's a lot easier for us to help you when we have all the details of your issue from you. Once we had that Landiin was able to help you =)