EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Simple eq2map updater (beta release) (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3807)

nomas 07-30-2005 06:28 PM

Simple eq2map updater (beta release)

1 Attachment(s)
:nana:
small tool for eq2map update.

with delphi 5 std.

It is pretty simple ;>

No dotnet required.

SaintPeter 07-30-2005 07:35 PM

What does it do?

I'm not going to run some random .exe

Dolby 07-30-2005 08:10 PM

Hello Nomas,

Thank you for taking the initiative to work on a new eq2map updater. However since you are unknown to the EQ2 Interface community at the moment I have removed your program from your post attachment.

If you would like to distribute your version of the eq2map updater we will need to see your source code first. If you don’t want every one to see your source you can email it to dolby at eq2interface dot com. This is a precaution we take with all new members to the eq2 interface community that wish to release programs for our members to use. We are just doing this to protect the members.

Thanks for understanding.

nomas 07-30-2005 10:34 PM

Are you need main Source code of it or entire source codes of it?

At first, I mailed main source code of it.

New version was added some code for 'fetish UI'.

:)

nomas 07-31-2005 08:34 PM

It update Eq2map files without Dotnet Environment.

place one up folder and update or

place on your UI folder and update and download all eq2map files.

with Delphi and just simple.

It used in own UI Collections called 'Eq2MapMook' for Korean users.

Dolby 07-31-2005 09:01 PM

Hi nomas,

I recieved the source via email and everything looks ok. You are free to post the updater here if you wish.

taco-man 08-02-2005 02:44 AM

im glad that someone else was able to write a program to suit thier needs for updating, if you are the author good job, and apparently the xml file for all the updating info wasnt too confusing.

Nauner 09-20-2005 09:26 AM

Works Great

Being one of the unfortunate that couldnt use Taco's masterpiece, this is what I was hoping someone was able to come up with.

Everything works fine, I notice it hangs a little sometimes and you have to restart the update, but a click or 2 on update again at these points seems to go right past the problem. It might be trying to access something being updated.. not sure

Only thing I can see that would be needed is a Finished response when done checking.

Now I dont have to run down the hall anymore to check my wifes computer to see what dot on the map she is talking about that I dont have.

For Eq2 interface, would be nice to slide this in the manual updater download thread as an add on, for those of us with the problems of not being able to use autoupdater. :)

nomas 09-23-2005 10:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's new version.

:nana:

nomas 09-23-2005 11:16 PM

11th beta.

1 Attachment(s)
Beta 11

What's new?
- added auto-fix XML File with UTF8BOM header.
core_mapstyles.xml will fixed with it.

nomas 11-05-2005 09:47 AM

Simple EQ2MAP Updater beta 14

1 Attachment(s)
Beta 14
- apply 1.0.6 updater method.

Landiin 11-05-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nauner
Being one of the unfortunate that couldnt use Taco's masterpiece, this is what I was hoping someone was able to come up with.

Everything works fine, I notice it hangs a little sometimes and you have to restart the update, but a click or 2 on update again at these points seems to go right past the problem. It might be trying to access something being updated.. not sure

Only thing I can see that would be needed is a Finished response when done checking.

Now I dont have to run down the hall anymore to check my wifes computer to see what dot on the map she is talking about that I dont have.

For Eq2 interface, would be nice to slide this in the manual updater download thread as an add on, for those of us with the problems of not being able to use autoupdater. :)

Yes I agree:)

I include this updater in my ui install, I never have liked the idea of the things I give to other people needing something from someone else to work. Nomas did a good job on this, not that taco's isn't good also.

nomas 11-13-2005 06:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
======
beta 16
======

- Check Slowly for thread stablity.

nomas 11-23-2005 05:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
======
Beta 17
======

- fixed hopefully unexpected stop.