EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   POIFinder Updater (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8403)

jnils 05-15-2007 11:27 AM

POIFinder Updater

I have made a small program that updates the POI files for POIFinder by TreeMos.

There is no docs for this program as i don't have time to make it. :(

But the program is easy to use :)

You need to have Microsoft .NET 2.0 installed for it to work and EQ2MAP :)

No need to install POIFinder first , as it do it for you :D

Hope this will be of use to someone.
New version , updated with Treemos latest changes.
If you allready have it installed , you can delete the custom_poifinder.xml file to make the window bigger :)

Note: Im not sure the custom add part is working ok , the layout may vary, so it may end up wrong, in that case edit by hand :)

michsageman242 05-15-2007 02:53 PM

Great

Nice work. Thank you very much. Can't wait to try it out.

Sage :nana: :cool: :nana:

Megera 05-15-2007 03:01 PM

tried it and got

"cannot Install: SETUP or INSTALL program filename contains folder information. use actions/checkout instead."

That's a new one.

Seagoat 05-15-2007 03:12 PM

I've installed it and run it, and it seems to be working as intended. Now all we need is a POI Finder update! ;)

Can you elaborate more on how it integrates with the EQ2Map autoupdater? I saw in the POIFU options that you can "Add to EQ2Map Options." What exactly does it add?

jnils 05-15-2007 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megera (Post 59188)
tried it and got

"cannot Install: SETUP or INSTALL program filename contains folder information. use actions/checkout instead."

That's a new one.

I have no clue on this one :( sorry

Are you sure you started the "POIFinder Installer.msi" file .

jnils 05-15-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

I've installed it and run it, and it seems to be working as intended. Now all we need is a POI Finder update! ;)
No you don't , thats the point, the program updates them for you :)

Quote:

Can you elaborate more on how it integrates with the EQ2Map autoupdater? I saw in the POIFU options that you can "Add to EQ2Map Options." What exactly does it add?
It makes the POIFinder Updater autostart when EQ2MAP is done downloading new POI's. If you check EQ2MAP options you see that Launch app 2 is filled in for you :)

Seagoat 05-15-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 59207)
No you don't , thats the point, the program updates them for you :)

Out of curiosity, where is it pulling the files from?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 59207)
It makes the POIFinder Updater autostart when EQ2MAP is done downloading new POI's. If you check EQ2MAP options you see that Launch app 2 is filled in for you :)

Mine's not...it's blank and greyed out, even though I clicked the button in the POIFU options. :o I mean, I could click the "Browse" button and point EQ2Map to the POIFU, but that would defeat the purpose of the button. :)

Is it looking for the EQ2Map updater to be installed in a particular location?

jnils 05-16-2007 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagoat (Post 59209)
Out of curiosity, where is it pulling the files from?

From EQ2Map icons_xxxxxx.xml files.

Quote:

Mine's not...it's blank and greyed out, even though I clicked the button in the POIFU options. :o I mean, I could click the "Browse" button and point EQ2Map to the POIFU, but that would defeat the purpose of the button. :)
Im not sure why that dident work,if it can't find the .cfg file the add button should grey out.

Quote:

Is it looking for the EQ2Map updater to be installed in a particular location?
It try's to get the path to EQ2Map from Registry, if it can't find anything or the config file is missing ,it will grey out.
But you can always Add POIFU you self from EQ2Map Options :)

TreeMos 05-16-2007 08:46 PM

Trying to put me out of business, eh? ;) No, fine by me. I just published an "official" POI Finder release but this will help those who are too impatient to wait a few weeks for each update.

jnils 05-17-2007 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TreeMos (Post 59232)
Trying to put me out of business, eh? ;) No, fine by me. I just published an "official" POI Finder release but this will help those who are too impatient to wait a few weeks for each update.

Hehe, not everyone like to have a program installed, so you better keep updating your files :D

Not even sure if someone uses the updater :p

Seagoat 05-17-2007 10:14 AM

I'm using it! ;)

One thing I'd like to ask... I have two instances of the EQ2Map auto-updater installed (one for Live and one for Test). Will the POIFU update either UI directory if I specify each EQ2Map updater to run the same program, or will it only update the Live UI directory, no matter which auto-updater initiates it?

jnils 05-17-2007 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagoat (Post 59242)
I'm using it! ;)

One thing I'd like to ask... I have two instances of the EQ2Map auto-updater installed (one for Live and one for Test). Will the POIFU update either UI directory if I specify each EQ2Map updater to run the same program, or will it only update the Live UI directory, no matter which auto-updater initiates it?

Only live, im not sure if it work's on test :/

Seagoat 05-17-2007 12:38 PM

I think it -would- work on test, but the way the setup file for the POIFU is configured, running setup.exe file a second time only gives you the option to repair or uninstall. It won't allow you to install a second instance of the program.

Think it might be possible to put the uninstall / repair into a separate uninstall file, so that the setup file will allow multiple installations in the same way that the EQ2Map auto-updater does?

jnils 05-17-2007 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seagoat (Post 59247)
I think it -would- work on test, but the way the setup file for the POIFU is configured, running setup.exe file a second time only gives you the option to repair or uninstall. It won't allow you to install a second instance of the program.

Think it might be possible to put the uninstall / repair into a separate uninstall file, so that the setup file will allow multiple installations in the same way that the EQ2Map auto-updater does?

I don't know how to do that, as the install file is auto generated :(

BUT ! :)
If you go to POIFinder Updaters program folder and make a copy of the program and config file, renaming them , you can have diffrent versions of the config file :) seems to work for me :)

But im thinking of how to add this to the program whithout this workaround.
The problem is that EQ2MAP don't allow commandlineargs for Launch 2 :(

What is the path to a test UI folder?

Seagoat 05-17-2007 01:23 PM

My Test UI folder is located thusly:
EverQuest II\TestServer\UI\customui

(Just like the Live UI folders' directory structure, except they're in the "TestServer" directory.)

jnils 05-21-2007 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by Seagoat
Quote:

Did you have EQ2MAP running when you try'd this?

Seagoat 05-21-2007 09:22 AM

It wasn't running, no, but everything works fine since I manually inserted the file location in the EQ2Map options.

I haven't set it up for my Test UI yet...I'll let you know how that goes when I do.

jnils 06-19-2007 01:59 PM

It seems that none have found any buggs, so i better move on to a release version.
Ill try to implement Testserver and language support.
And the option to update more than 1 UI.

No ETA , ill like to play some to :P

A question , is there a eq2.ini inside testserver and language folder, or only in Everquest2 main dir ?

gm9 06-19-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 60124)
A question , is there a eq2.ini inside testserver and language folder, or only in Everquest2 main dir ?

Yes to both. Each are self sufficient installations that can be placed anywhere on your harddrive.

tknarr 11-14-2007 10:12 PM

GU40/RoK breaks POIFinder Updater

As of GU40 (RoK) the POIFinder Updater breaks somewhat. It's insisting on having an eq2ui_mainhud.xml in the custom UI folder, wanting to copy it from the default UI if it's not present and not proceeding if you don't let it copy. As of GU40 you're not supposed to have an eq2ui_mainhud.xml in the custom UI folder.

Seagoat 11-18-2007 11:40 PM

Same here...I'd love to have an updated version of this program. I've been using it for months now and really, really like it. :)

jnils 11-19-2007 12:27 AM

Looks like i have more work to do :D
I diden't think of that, still use the old way ;)

jnils 11-19-2007 03:17 AM

New version out, check top post.

dragowulf 11-19-2007 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 66482)

Thanks! jnils

tknarr 11-19-2007 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 66482)

Neat. Thank you!