EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Shack (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   What is the Window Manager? (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10170)

SOE-Rothgar 01-14-2008 05:07 PM

What is the Window Manager?

Some of you may have noticed when RoK came out the inclusion of a new window called WindowManager but no explanation as to what it does.

Basically the WindowManager is built-in support for minimizing EQ2 windows. This is something I wanted to implement in my own EQ2 interface so I worked on this feature in my spare time. Think of it as the start-menu bar in Windows.

To see it in action, make the WindowManager visible using the command /show_window MainHUD.WindowManager

Next you'll need to add a minimize button to a window, like the Persona Window. The easiest thing to do is make a copy of the Close or Settings button that already exists in the WindowFrame page, and rename it to "Minimize".

Now, when you click the minimize button, the window should become hidden, and a button corresponding to that window will appear in the window manager. Clicking the button in the window manager will make the window visible again and remove the button from the window manager.

If you have any questions about it, let me know.

Landiin 01-14-2008 06:07 PM

Nice! I figured it was something like that. But figured it wasn't fully working or implemented yet so never messed with it.

Drumstix42 01-14-2008 09:53 PM

Ah ok. I think "taskbar" is the proper analogy for it. That's pretty nifty though.

gm9 01-15-2008 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOE-Rothgar (Post 68560)
my own EQ2 interface

Screenshots? :)

Landiin 01-15-2008 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 68576)
Screenshots? :)

Yea, I'd like to see the UI of a person with access to "the" code :P

Zoltaroth-SOE 01-15-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 68585)
Yea, I'd like to see the UI of a person with access to "the" code :P

I use stock ProfitReborn, I know not very exciting. :)

lordebon 01-15-2008 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoltaroth-SOE (Post 68591)
I use stock ProfitReborn, I know not very exciting. :)

Ooh, Zoltaroth is tryin' to pull the switch... we wants to see Rothgar's special one teehee.

And it must be great indeed to go "ohh I've got an idea... but I'd need <suchandsuch> so I'll just put that in..." ehehehe.

Zoltaroth-SOE 01-15-2008 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 68592)
Ooh, Zoltaroth is tryin' to pull the switch... we wants to see Rothgar's special one teehee.

And it must be great indeed to go "ohh I've got an idea... but I'd need <suchandsuch> so I'll just put that in..." ehehehe.

Well yes that is indeed very handy :)

Narzoo 01-15-2008 01:59 PM

Eeeeeek

It's Minimize not Minimise. :)

gm9 01-15-2008 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzoo (Post 68597)
It's Minimize not Minimise. :)

Hehe, I think you wanted to say that the other away around if you wanted to get all British on us...

Narzoo 01-15-2008 04:44 PM

Took me months to type color instead of colour when I first started programming.

I just accept it now :)

I just noticed that the tool tip for the Windows Minimise button saws Minimize. Had never occured to me that that was spelt wrong too.

And even more off topic. Good to see you back, Gm9 and hope you had a good time on holiday.

Back on topic.....

This Window manager is useful. I'm a roleplayer and people always choose the time when I am at the broker to start roleplaying with me...so I close the broker window so I can see them and roleplay back...now it minimises

gm9 01-15-2008 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narzoo (Post 68603)
And even more off topic. Good to see you back, Gm9 and hope you had a good time on holiday.

Was great. Thanks for taking good care of my support hungry minions while I was away. :D

Landiin 02-09-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Some of you may have noticed when RoK came out the inclusion of a new window called WindowManager but no explanation as to what it does.

Basically the WindowManager is built-in support for minimizing EQ2 windows. This is something I wanted to implement in my own EQ2 interface so I worked on this feature in my spare time. Think of it as the start-menu bar in Windows.

To see it in action, make the WindowManager visible using the command /show_window MainHUD.WindowManager

Next you'll need to add a minimize button to a window, like the Persona Window. The easiest thing to do is make a copy of the Close or Settings button that already exists in the WindowFrame page, and rename it to "Minimize".

Now, when you click the minimize button, the window should become hidden, and a button corresponding to that window will appear in the window manager. Clicking the button in the window manager will make the window visible again and remove the button from the window manager.

This works for the Persona window, but not for the browser window. I tried adding it to the browser and it did not work, so I added it to the persona window and it did work.. So hey, don't be predigest against the browser;) lol

dragowulf 02-14-2008 08:42 PM

Quote:

Can you make it so it shows the name and number of the window.

ex. if i minimize 2 chat windows it would look like [MainChat1] [Mainchat2]

Ive also noticed that sometimes when you minimize windows, they pop up all of a sudden when you don't click the button to maximize it again.

dragowulf 11-11-2008 09:11 PM

Window Manager does not work with the Browser window. Or at least the minimize button doesn't.

SOE-Rothgar 11-12-2008 01:39 AM

Hmm ok. I'll try to check it out sometime soon.

Zonx 11-24-2008 05:28 PM

Factoid: DDS files from the original EQ2 UI included icons for a window manager ;)

Can we get support for Icon buttons in this? I'm thinking a BarIcon property for each window with an IconStyle value. If BarIcon == valid IconStyle, show icon button, else show text button. Icon button would also receive the window name as its ToolTip.

SOE-Rothgar 11-24-2008 05:48 PM

That would be pretty cool.