EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The Vault of the Fallen (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2578)

HyteK 04-13-2005 10:39 PM

The Vault of the Fallen

1 Attachment(s)
Please excuse me if there are any errors with this map. It is my very first map. So I decided to try and go all out and make it a working map. Unfortunately the tutorial is missing a few key steps. The tutorial does not say in what format to save the file from photoshop so I just saved it as a psd. I also included the original log file. If someone can tell me what to save it as. I imagine png. :confused:

Anyways, Let me know if I made any errors, and what you did to correct them.

I added some textures to the flooring of the tunnels, and I was to lazy to make custom textures from in game screenshots, I used what came with ps.

And one last note, I have a full list of all the loc's of the dragoons with names. I will upload that after I know if this map works correctly :rolleyes:

cheers

Chernobogg - Neriak/Mistmoore

tonyis3l33t 04-14-2005 05:24 AM

psd is fine.

the format the game uses is DXT1 ARGB (1 bit alpha) 512x512 image size
the format the website uses is jpg with 436x506 image size

tonyis3l33t 04-14-2005 05:43 AM

when you enter this zone, do an alt tab
browse to this folder
C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\cache\ioplan
and tell me the last modified filename.
this will give me the internal zone name, allowing us to enable the map to show while in game.

i have your map ready to publish, was going to post a pic but my computer isnt uploading or something

HyteK 04-14-2005 08:13 AM

will get the name when I get home from work.

so it is cool to just upload the psd files like this one then? If so I will do that if I make another one.

And for the POI's for this place, I just use the submit POI form for the ones I have?

/cheers

tonyis3l33t 04-14-2005 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyteK
will get the name when I get home from work.

so it is cool to just upload the psd files like this one then? If so I will do that if I make another one.

yep you can upload psd with the txt file too just like you did.

Quote:

And for the POI's for this place, I just use the submit POI form for the ones I have?

yep

Ertoocs 04-14-2005 09:54 AM

Quote:

Please excuse me if there are any errors with this map. It is my very first map. So I decided to try and go all out and make it a working map. Unfortunately the tutorial is missing a few key steps. The tutorial does not say in what format to save the file from photoshop so I just saved it as a psd. I also included the original log file. If someone can tell me what to save it as. I imagine png. :confused:

Chernobogg - Neriak/Mistmoore

Most (if not all) image files in the game are in .DDS format. Here's the thread that will lead you to the photoshop plugin to allow you to save them in that format: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229.

HyteK 04-14-2005 10:43 AM

that is what I was trying to look for last night. But was to busy playing the game after I made the initial map lol ;)

thanks

HyteK 04-14-2005 10:50 AM

Might want to add that DDS plugin to the tools part of the tutorial and say to save it as a dds from ps. That was the only part that confused me. It said to use the map as a dds file, but didn't have the plug-in listed :confused: :nana:

(basically after #5 in the tutorial needs reworked for clarification ;))

Ertoocs 04-14-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Might want to add that DDS plugin to the tools part of the tutorial and say to save it as a dds from ps. That was the only part that confused me. It said to use the map as a dds file, but didn't have the plug-in listed :confused: :nana:

(basically after #5 in the tutorial needs reworked for clarification ;))

Yeah, I just happened to remember there was a graphics file forum and peeked in there when I started trying to find out about the format. I agree, it oughta be added to the tutorial (/em pokes Tony). :D

tonyis3l33t 04-14-2005 11:08 AM

kk gotcha ill add it

HyteK 04-14-2005 01:29 PM

nice work :) makes it a lil less confusing to the total new mappers :)

still at work. few more hours and I can have that zone name for you

HyteK 04-14-2005 04:53 PM

ioplans file name for The Vault of the Fallen is

fallengate+fallengate_epic01_boss.iop

Let me know when it is up so I can input all the named loc's

/cheers

Quib 04-14-2005 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonyis3l33t
the format the game uses is DXT1 ARGB (1 bit alpha) 512x512 image size
the format the website uses is jpg with 436x506 image size

Don't forget, NO MIPMAPS. :D

Quib

Ertoocs 04-14-2005 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quib
Don't forget, NO MIPMAPS. :D

Quib

*groan* I just realized I've been uploading all mine WITH mipmaps. DOH :eek:

HyteK 04-14-2005 06:22 PM

As my brigand would do to you /CLOBBER

I love that fluff :D :nana:

Quib 04-14-2005 06:24 PM

It hasn't been a problem, I was just re-saving them without before uploading and didn't want to trouble you with the task.

The file size is quite a bit smaller without mipmaps, and EQ2's UI doesn't use mipmaps.

Quib

tonyis3l33t 04-14-2005 10:47 PM

ohhhhh yea i gotta add that to the tutorial today

tonyis3l33t 04-17-2005 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
this map is finished. it will be added as soon as i get this uploading issue solved. Cant seem to upload maps for some reason.

EDIT: testing my uploading ability :)

HyteK 04-17-2005 07:05 PM

Before I added the poi's, there use to be the picture of the map, after I added just 1 poi, the map is now blank.

Havn't tested in game yet because I seen the file download when I updated eq2map.

TVotF

HyteK 04-21-2005 09:49 AM

any news on this map? I see your upload works now :nana:

tonyis3l33t 04-21-2005 09:55 AM

ive tried re-uploading it multiple times and it still shows up black...

Dolby 04-24-2005 06:21 PM

The problem is with what the JS is outputing. The image is fine.

Code:

<script type='text/javascript'>var jg = new jsGraphics('EQ2MAP_POI_MAP');
jg.drawImage('pics/mapThe Vault of the Fallen.jpg',0,0,436,506);<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>70</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>71</strong><br />
Draw_POI(-6,-6,'Dragoon CLuss (NAME) <BR> 84.69,-46.44,-132.58 <BR>Description:  <br>(UID: 17594)','NAME');<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>70</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>71</strong><br />
Draw_POI(-6,-6,'Dragoon BLavin (NAME) <BR> 67.45,-59.44,-81.30 <BR>Description:  <br>(UID: 17595)','NAME');<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>70</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>71</strong><br />
Draw_POI(-6,-6,'Dragoon Dina (NAME) <BR> 36.36,-39.94,-145.07 <BR>Description:  <br>(UID: 17596)','NAME');<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>70</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>71</strong><br />
Draw_POI(-6,-6,'Dragoon ETru (NAME) <BR> 69.73,-59.44,-86.82 <BR>Description:  <br>(UID: 17597)','NAME');<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>70</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>71</strong><br />
Draw_POI(-6,-6,'Dragoon GZel (NAME) <BR> 50.49,-39.94,-156.74 <BR>Description:  <br>(UID: 17598)','NAME');<br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>70</strong><br /><br /><strong>Warning</strong>: Division by zero in <strong>/functions_to_include.php</strong> on line <strong>71</strong><br />
....... repeates through out all the code</script>

Note the Division by zero in errors.'

EDIT. The Vault of the Fallen has no zonerect in the database so it cant calculate the poi math thus erroring out the js and it not being able to display the image. Get me the zonerect and I can fix it.

Maybe it would be good to put a database query in to check if the zonerect is there and if it is not it doesnt generate the POI's and just displays the map and maybe an error message saying there is no zonerect.

Dolby 04-26-2005 01:50 PM

So how do I get the zonerect from the txt file full of locs? The current zonrect is wrong but atleast the map shows.

diztorded 04-26-2005 02:10 PM

What I do is put two POI's, like a door frame, at opposite ends of the map. Then I get in game and goto that spot, see what the difference is NE and SW and adjust from there. It takes a few tries but your maps end up pretty accurate.

tonyis3l33t 04-27-2005 11:38 AM

dolby to get the zonerect from text file run my zonerect script in the utilities section :)