EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Glowing plus sign during UI startup (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18227)

Phaedrix 05-15-2016 11:44 AM

Glowing plus sign during UI startup

Many thanks for the great work with ProfitUI CE! I was pleased to find out about it and very much enjoy using it.

I have a question about something I've noticed throughout the various iterations of ProfitUI: while the game and UI are starting up, there are several dummy elements that show up on screen for a brief moment, including a glowing plus sign. Now, this is the same glowing plus sign that would appear, back in the day, whenever one had received a character development upgrade, such as a grandmaster spell pick. Anymore it only appears when ProfitUI starts up.

So: can I disable this obsolete glowing plus sign? Or clear it in some way?

Darqwood 05-16-2016 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrix (Post 106695)
Many thanks for the great work with ProfitUI CE! I was pleased to find out about it and very much enjoy using it.

I have a question about something I've noticed throughout the various iterations of ProfitUI: while the game and UI are starting up, there are several dummy elements that show up on screen for a brief moment, including a glowing plus sign. Now, this is the same glowing plus sign that would appear, back in the day, whenever one had received a character development upgrade, such as a grandmaster spell pick. Anymore it only appears when ProfitUI starts up.

You are seeing the UI as it loads with default settings that are built into each piece of the default UI. The green plus sign (eq2ui_mainhud_advancementbutton.xml) can be hidden by setting its visibility to false, but the game will overwrite the change the next time you run the patcher. This layout is visible because ProfitUI_CE reduces the zoning shroud to a small box instead of covering the full screen.

Phaedrix 05-17-2016 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqwood (Post 106697)
You are seeing the UI as it loads with default settings that are built into each piece of the default UI. The green plus sign (eq2ui_mainhud_advancementbutton.xml) can be hidden by setting its visibility to false, but the game will overwrite the change the next time you run the patcher. This layout is visible because ProfitUI_CE reduces the zoning shroud to a small box instead of covering the full screen.

Thanks for the lucid reply!

So is there any way around this, now or in the future? Obviously it's a purely aesthetic consideration, but I am curious.

Zidu 05-17-2016 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrix (Post 106695)

Can you post a SS of this? I don't see this when Profit loads, but maybe it has to with how fast the game is loading or if another window is covering it.

Phaedrix 05-17-2016 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zidu (Post 106702)
Can you post a SS of this? I don't see this when Profit loads, but maybe it has to with how fast the game is loading or if another window is covering it.

It's quite simple, it shows up for a half-second while starting up a character, whether after launching the game or switching between characters, along with the other filler UI stuff.

Zidu 05-17-2016 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phaedrix (Post 106703)
It's quite simple, it shows up for a half-second while starting up a character, whether after launching the game or switching between characters, along with the other filler UI stuff.

I have never seen it.