EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Wrong locations (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1884)

Elulee 03-15-2005 12:00 AM

Wrong locations

Hello there :)

First of all let me say the project is AWESOME! Really appreciated. :)

My question is why there are many POI which are in the wrong location? IE Nek Forest, Torches of Forewarning.
Some POI are double entries, some are simply not necessary like the double Sprawl Entrance in Commonlands map.

I take it the maps will get more and more refined but some staging mechanism and evaluation of information submitted would help. :)

Cheers
Elulee deVir
Troubador, Fluffy Bunnies, Lucan Dlere

Deathbane27 03-15-2005 12:33 AM

The maps rely on user-input data from the website. There are some double entries because the game sends down its own icons for some zones, so the choice is to either not have one on the website, or have double in the game. And if anyone sees that the website is missing one, it'll get re-added. :p

If you see an inaccurate POI, there's a system to report them on the website.

sstair 03-15-2005 01:07 AM

Well, perhaps there could be an attribute for a POI to indicate that it shouldn't be shown? or maybe a separate way to define some POIs that are only shown on the web page?

Eloa 03-15-2005 07:35 AM

As of a day or two ago, the ingame POIs now display their website UID. Just take down the UID of the bad ones, go to the website, put them in the jump to POI box, and hit enter. Enter a comment telling me why this is bad and click the checkbox that says click if this POI is wrong.

Elulee 03-15-2005 08:14 AM

Sounds good :) Will do :)

Liandra 03-17-2005 03:21 PM

A few days ago if you ticked the POI is wrong box it flagged the POI as pending intervention and it was temporaraly removed from the map until someone (an admin im guessing) verified the POI.

Now that doesnt seem to be happening. I flagged a couple yesterday (the north and south bandit camps in TS) as duplicating default ingame POI's but they are still on the map and werent flagged when i added the comments.

is this on purpose?

Eloa 03-17-2005 03:28 PM

I will look into as soon as I get home to my editing software. I will admit that I had run into a couple problems when I accidently deleted the page files that control this and probably missed something when rewriting the code.

taco-man 03-17-2005 07:54 PM

just thought i should mention here that eloa has corrected this and you should be able to flag pois as bad again.

Humudce 03-17-2005 08:19 PM

I think we are all trying to keep the PoI's on the website policed to duplicates and Bad PoI's. Being a live system as it is, it is quite possible that two people logged in could be putting in the same PoI at the same time, so duplicates are bound to happen. The ability to mark POI's as bad has recently been fixed. Everyone can help out if you see something wrong make a note of the ID# and either post something here, or go and do a search on the ID# and mark it as bad. If it's a bad location mention that in the note on the POI, if it's a duplicate also mention that and if possible what the Duplicate ID# is so one of the Admins can look at both and determine which one to remove.