EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   [Test] 3.21.08 (GU44?) - Interface Changes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10666)

Dolby 03-21-2008 07:21 PM

[Test] 3.21.08 (GU44?) - Interface Changes

UI Changes:
  • Missing
GU44? 3.21.08 Full Patch Notes

Here are the following XML Changes found on the test server 3.21.08. The left side is what is on Live server and the right side is what is on the Test server. Changes are shown in red and some xml above and below the changes are left in for context.

Changed:
eq2ui_gamedata.xml
eq2ui_inventory_loot.xml
eq2ui_inventory_trade.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_advancementchoice.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_groupmembers.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_player.xml
eq2ui_options.xml
eq2ui_popup_bugreport.xml
eq2ui_popup_claim.xml
images\icons\icon_ss22.dds

gm9 03-21-2008 07:38 PM

Thanks Dolby.

Hmm, so we get a fifth impairment indicator. What's that for? That new icon for it has a skull on it.

lordebon 03-21-2008 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 71046)
Thanks Dolby.

Hmm, so we get a fift impairment indicator. What's that for? That new icon for it has a skull on it.

Look at the patch notes.

Theres a new "Curse" impairment with a new L80 cure. I'm wondering what it'll be used for...

gm9 03-21-2008 08:34 PM

Ah right, must have read right over it. New raid mob ability I guess.

lordebon 03-21-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 71048)
Ah right, must have read right over it. New raid mob ability I guess.

Yep, thats my guess. =)

Sir Taleisin The Seer 03-22-2008 01:38 AM

Guess I've been gone way too long, I'll need some duct tape to fix my mods ;)

Chrislau 03-22-2008 04:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
gotcha :D

New map system and guild hall?! :nana:

for xml files see the attachment :D

gm9 03-22-2008 06:02 AM

Nice find.

The Map2 file has a new <Map> tag, but trying to show that window crashes the client.

The file in the guildhalls folder is identical to the default playerhousing.xml. Maybe it's just to tease us. ;)

Landiin 03-22-2008 10:20 AM

Looks like the <map> tag might work like the paperdall in the inventory and dressing room. With the view attribute controlling what map is being displayed.

If I am correct then the EQ2MAP team has some major work ahead.:/

I'm sure this wasn't meant to be pushed to test as its included like a custom UI, so It will most likely only work on their local dev sever.

dragowulf 03-22-2008 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer (Post 71051)
Guess I've been gone way too long, I'll need some duct tape to fix my mods ;)

You coming back to our community???

Sir Taleisin The Seer 03-22-2008 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragowulf (Post 71065)
You coming back to our community???

That was the plan less any objections, I should be done patching sometime tonight.

I've not picked a server to restart on yet.:)

Dolby 03-22-2008 05:27 PM

Welcome back Sir Taleisin. :)

Any new map images then (stuck at work atm)? Looks like the xml was just sent down to preview. My understanding the new map system will have new maps for all zones similar to WoW. From talking to Don at FanFair the new map system shouldn't require to much change for us but that may have all changed.

dragowulf 03-22-2008 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Taleisin The Seer (Post 71066)
That was the plan less any objections, I should be done patching sometime tonight.

I've not picked a server to restart on yet.:)

If you like PVP-Nagafen. If you like regular I suggest the RP preferred server Antonia Bayle (Highest server pop,)

lordebon 03-22-2008 11:40 PM

AB has an excellent community, IMHO. And welcome back =)

Oh and can you elaborate what you mean by similar to Wow, Dolby? IE are they going to have a different style, or just the fact that there will be base maps for every zone?

Landiin 03-23-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolby (Post 71068)
Welcome back Sir Taleisin. :)

Any new map images then (stuck at work atm)? Looks like the xml was just sent down to preview. My understanding the new map system will have new maps for all zones similar to WoW. From talking to Don at FanFair the new map system shouldn't require to much change for us but that may have all changed.

I really don't see them added a <map> object for each zone in the game. When just changing the view attribute of the <map> object to reflect what map should be painted on it wouldn't take up as much resources as having a <map> object for each zone in memory. Thats the way I would of done it but then hey; it's their project, we can work with what ever they put out..

There really wouldn't be that much to get EQ2MAP working with it either, just read the view attribute and then show the corresponding POI page.