EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   DrumsUI - Terrors of Thalumbra update (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18142)

Drumstix42 11-17-2015 11:25 PM

DrumsUI - Terrors of Thalumbra update

Hey all,

No update yet, but I plan on updating the gfx files to support the expansion changes.

I've not heard of any window being specifically broken, but I assume I'll have to fix the Examine window in some capacity.
I'll do my best to fix it this weekend. I'll appreciate any testing (probably Friday evening or Saturday).

This will probably be one of the last updates I personally provide.

diashto 11-18-2015 06:08 AM

the only thing so far i've noticed is the tithe window having no background. its still functional, just no background, and for some reason guild xp isn't showing correctly.

flameweaver 11-18-2015 10:37 AM

Impact on Deity Window

Quote:

Originally Posted by diashto (Post 106233)
the only thing so far i've noticed is the tithe window having no background. its still functional, just no background, and for some reason guild xp isn't showing correctly.

There is also an issue with the new Deity Window, it would appear the DrumsUI is preventing the backdrop from loading - not sure why.

Lord Askelon 11-19-2015 02:49 AM

Yeah!!!

I can confirm Both , the Tithe ( Deity) window and the Equipment Infusion Window all have no Background.

flameweaver 11-19-2015 04:44 AM

Work around to the missing backdrop/transparent window is to delete/rename windowelements.dds in UI/DrumsUI/Images folder and put the file on ignore in the Drums Updater.

Eliziana 11-20-2015 07:44 PM

On merchants, where we had a tab called 'Buy Back' now that tab always reads 'Repair' for me.

Mysstie 11-21-2015 12:43 AM

Yeah the merchant window needs looking at. Here's way Drums is:

Code:

<DataSource Name="TabSource">
            <Data Name="Buy" text="Buy" />
            <Data Name="Sell" text="Sell" />
            <Data Name="Repair" target="P3" text="Repair" />
            <Data Name="Reforge" target="SomeWidget" text="Reforge" />
            <Data Name="Restore" target="SomeWidget" text="Restore" />
            <Data Name="SpellLottery" text="Spell Transcribing" />
            <Data Name="Buyback" text="Buy Back" />
        </DataSource>

Here's the default with an extra "upgrade" tab:

Code:

<DataSource Name="TabSource">
            <Data Name="Buy" text=":377c9c4214202474:    Buy  " />
            <Data Name="Sell" text=":377c9c42d93e8912:  Sell  " />
            <Data Name="Repair" target="P3" text=":377c9c427d069a35:  Repair  " />
            <Data Name="Reforge" target="SomeWidget" text=":868e2bebbbc6f7c7:Reforge" />
            <Data Name="Upgrade" target="SomeWidget" text=":868e2beb8724b279:Upgrade" />
            <Data Name="Restore" target="SomeWidget" text=":868e2bebb795e99c:Restore" />
            <Data Name="SpellLottery" text=":377c9c4254025d8d:Spell Transcribing" />
            <Data Name="Buyback" text=":377c9c424e61d892:Buy Back" />
        </DataSource>

I don't know if just changing this bit of code is enough, probably not. I tried it and the Sell window tab comes up empty on some merchants. I'll test the default out with the merchants to see what it should look like.

I changed the line right below the above code to:

Code:

<TabbedPane ActiveTab="0" DataSource="TabSource" Location="4,6" Name="TabPane" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="300,36" Size="300,36" Style="/WindowElements.WindowFrame.data.tab_data.tabbed_pane_style" />
So that the last tab button wouldn't get chopped of at a reforger.

Summguy 11-21-2015 06:23 PM

Aerakyn Race Wing Appearance

First I want to start off by thanking you for all the time and effort you put into this UI. Now to business! The Aerakyn Race wing appearance option that allows you to swap between the 4 different appearance wing types isn't available in Drums UI, only the default UI under the appearance tab. While the workaround is to simply load the original UI, change the wings, then load drums back up, sometimes the change goes back to the default wings. I love drums UI and would like to see this implemented as well.
Thanks!

Drumstix42 11-21-2015 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summguy (Post 106260)
First I want to start off by thanking you for all the time and effort you put into this UI. Now to business! The Aerakyn Race wing appearance option that allows you to swap between the 4 different appearance wing types isn't available in Drums UI, only the default UI under the appearance tab. While the workaround is to simply load the original UI, change the wings, then load drums back up, sometimes the change goes back to the default wings. I love drums UI and would like to see this implemented as well.
Thanks!

Thanks for the callout, I'll check into this as well.

Drumstix42 11-22-2015 03:12 PM

I just updated the DrumsUI Updater files with my changes. please see the Updater thread for the notes.

I will wait to update the Manual version when I hear some feedback, and fix any bugs.

Thanks!

flameweaver 11-23-2015 04:59 AM

Feedback

Deity window now has the correct backdrop image.

Merchant window now has correct names on the tabs and the tabs seem to be the appropriate tabs for the merchant type, eg merchant, mender, reforger etc.

Examine window now works with crashing the EQ2 client.

Drums, thanks for the update. :nana:

diashto 11-23-2015 07:16 PM

Would there be any way that you could make an xp bar for the tithe points? Somethign that could integrate with the regular xp bar?

Drumstix42 11-23-2015 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diashto (Post 106270)
Would there be any way that you could make an xp bar for the tithe points? Somethign that could integrate with the regular xp bar?

The XP bar on the Updater/Full release has been updated so that the previous PVP xp bar is the Tithe xp bar.

Just resize your window until you see it, or click on the gem to toggle to the xp bar you want.

diashto 11-24-2015 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 106273)
The XP bar on the Updater/Full release has been updated so that the previous PVP xp bar is the Tithe xp bar.

Just resize your window until you see it, or click on the gem to toggle to the xp bar you want.

Hrm.. this is what I see on my screen:

adventure, TS, AA all seem to display fine.. I thought the red bar was guild xp, but that's not been updating correctly at all (guild is currently lvl 120), and I have no idea what the red 4.2% is representing because i have no XP debt.

vasen 11-24-2015 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameweaver (Post 106269)
Deity window now has the correct backdrop image.

Merchant window now has correct names on the tabs and the tabs seem to be the appropriate tabs for the merchant type, eg merchant, mender, reforger etc.

Examine window now works with crashing the EQ2 client.

Drums, thanks for the update. :nana:

I'm having a different experience with the deity window.. it actually has icons now, which helps. But it still does not have a background (window is transparent). The infusion tab (same window, different tab) is missing a background as well. It's also missing the icon on the left for where to drag the item for infusing. I don't know if anything else is missing from that window, or if there are any other bugs, as I have not attempted to infuse anything.

The merchant window does work again, from what I've seen.

Never had the issue with the examine window crashing my client.

flameweaver 11-24-2015 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasen (Post 106276)
I'm having a different experience with the deity window.. it actually has icons now, which helps. But it still does not have a background (window is transparent). The infusion tab (same window, different tab) is missing a background as well. It's also missing the icon on the left for where to drag the item for infusing. I don't know if anything else is missing from that window, or if there are any other bugs, as I have not attempted to infuse anything.

The merchant window does work again, from what I've seen.

Never had the issue with the examine window crashing my client.

Whoops, typo, should have said examine window works WITHOUT crashing the client.

Right now the game is down for an update but definitely didn't have any issues with merchant and deity/infusion windows earlier this morning. Maybe run the DrumsUI updater and check which files you have on ignore.

vasen 11-24-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flameweaver (Post 106277)
Whoops, typo, should have said examine window works WITHOUT crashing the client.

Right now the game is down for an update but definitely didn't have any issues with merchant and deity/infusion windows earlier this morning. Maybe run the DrumsUI updater and check which files you have on ignore.

I only have three files ignored: eq2map_ignorelist.xml, eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml, and eq2ui_inventory_market.xml. iirc, one or two of those are related to the eq2maps POIs, and that's why they're ignored. The other was for something with the broker window that i can't remember right now, but it'd be weird if they were making the deity+infusion window be transparent or missing icons.

One of my friends also has the same issue I have, so I'm unsure how yours is working and ours isn't. :confused:

Drumstix42 11-24-2015 08:10 PM

Default UI colors or one of the alternatives?

vasen 11-25-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 106281)
Default UI colors or one of the alternatives?

One of the alternatives. I'm using the black with silver borders variant.

Edit: Asked my friends...
One said he switched to black with gold borders, and that fixed it, but he does not remember which variant he was using before that was not working.
Another uses the default colors (blue background, gold borders) and he has a background on his infusion window.

Melckore 11-26-2015 12:38 AM

Bug?

Since the update the "Toggle Sets View" option of the main character window is continuously bugging out. When clicked it does nothing. Zoning doesn't seem to fix it, But camping to myself does for a few minutes.

Drumstix42 11-26-2015 03:24 AM

I'm away on holiday for a bit.

Not sure why the Sets button would be acting different as I didn't change anything with that, but stranger things have happened.

As for the background missing, I'll try to double check the image files are all correct when I'm back. It probably won't be until at least Monday that I can take a peek.
I had to copy and paste layer updates and alpha layer updates to 3 images, across 12 sets, and it's been a while since I've done those updates. So I wouldn't be surprised if I mis-clicked at one point!

Tronz 11-26-2015 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 106286)
I'm away on holiday for a bit.

Not sure why the Sets button would be acting different as I didn't change anything with that, but stranger things have happened.

As for the background missing, I'll try to double check the image files are all correct when I'm back. It probably won't be until at least Monday that I can take a peek.
I had to copy and paste layer updates and alpha layer updates to 3 images, across 12 sets, and it's been a while since I've done those updates. So I wouldn't be surprised if I mis-clicked at one point!

What I have discovered with the missing background is that you need to go to Variants | Set Variants, uninstall what you have under the UI Color Themes, then install what you would like to have, whether it is another or the same one. Close and you will have update(s). Now the background in window will show.

On another topic: The Arcane, Noxious & Elemental display in the StatBar is being truncated. The value of 166717 is being displayed as 16671. By changing the Size = 1, 2 to Size = 2, 1 in the .../UI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI/Settings/DrumsUI_StatBarSettings.xml file corrects the displays to show the full amount.

Hopes this helps.