EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Red dot for waypoint is gone (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5055)

RaiseBoy 12-02-2005 12:25 PM

Red LOC Ring

Before the last update I could enter a LOC and I could see on the map a red ring, showing me where i was heading aswell as a yelow trail to follow.

Sinse the last update I cant see the red ring on the map? But I do still get the yellow trail.

Can anyone help me to get the red ring back?

Im using the automatic upddate version.

ShadowProwler420 12-02-2005 12:37 PM

I, too, enjoyed seeing the red dot/ring appear on the map. Reason being I hate being dependant on the yellow 'wisp' trail, since it takes you in the most direct path to the desired location, which can alot of the time take you through a highly populated area of mobs that you may not necessarily be able to handle or see through invis when you dont want to fight anything.

Taubin 12-02-2005 05:38 PM

Do we know if we are going to get the red ring back?

Tharix 12-02-2005 07:25 PM

Red dot for waypoint is gone

I have a problem and can't find a solution.

Till yesterday when I created a waypoint a had a friendly red dot on the map that showed me, where I have to go to.
This was great because the glowing tail alone sometimes leads against walls and such stuff.

Since today, there is no red point anymore.
I tried to reinstall the Maptool but this did not solve the problem.

Am I alone with this issue or are there more people experiencing the same problem then me?

Some of the members of my guild did not have it but I don't know if they always update the tool.

I really hope that somebody may help me.

lilbug 12-03-2005 09:50 AM

I have the same problem

Before yesterday I could see group members locations as well as the way point with a nice little red circle. Now the group members and way point circles are all gone. How do I get them back? I feel blind without being able to see where group members are when they wander off. :eek:

Chaddwick 12-03-2005 10:18 AM

me too

red dot gone hope they can fix it.

Drumstix42 12-03-2005 01:09 PM

Still working here guys, dunno what's wrong...

Treveur 12-03-2005 01:54 PM

same problem here too...only since LU17

Doktur_Boom 12-03-2005 02:24 PM

red circle MIA

at one point when i typed in /waypoint -1933,-22,557 it would show a red circle icon on the map in that location, this i s no longer happining, what is the prob????

If you can help me out send me an email to my alt email address of

[email protected]

Treveur 12-03-2005 05:09 PM

there is also a thread for this in the EQ2MAP troubleshooting forum

Drumstix42 12-03-2005 07:16 PM

Posted in that topic as well, but I still have the red waypoint dot showing up. Dunno why it wouldn't be working for you guys.

Gendidar 12-03-2005 08:40 PM

I'm having the same problem, the red Location circle no longer shows up. But I did notice that couple of days ago when I updated my PoI a new MainHUD.Map file. The new HUD doesn't have the options to turn off the PoI's or to create the red locator dot. It's almost like the old HUD is being downloaded through the EQ2MAP Updater.

Gendidar 12-03-2005 08:43 PM

I'm having the same problem. The EQ2MAP Updater downloaded a new MainHUD and since then the red locator dot has disappeared.

depechenode 12-03-2005 08:44 PM

I noticed that you will get a download of newer version of eq2ui.mainhud.map.xml via the EQ2map updater that basically is BROKEN. It does appear to revert to the default style. This happens even if you have the box checked "ask before overwrite of maphud file".

depechenode 12-03-2005 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gendidar
I'm having the same problem. The EQ2MAP Updater downloaded a new MainHUD and since then the red locator dot has disappeared.

Yep, new map xml downloads and installs even with the box checked ASK before overwriting maphud.xml :(

Dolby 12-04-2005 02:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For people with missing waypoint and group icons either delete your icon_map3.dds located in your custom interface folder under images/icons and run the patcher again -OR- download the attached file and put it in /Everquest II/UI/EQ2map/images/icons/ overwriting the one that is there.

Tharix 12-04-2005 07:13 AM

Thanx a lot!!!

Now I got a cross instead of a dot.

:-)

Magus 12-04-2005 07:52 AM

Nitpicky I know, but is the old file available where it used the dot instead of an X?

Landiin 12-04-2005 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magus
Nitpicky I know, but is the old file available where it used the dot instead of an X?

Sorry Magus but it wouldn't help. The reason you had to get a new image is because the sorucerect for the destination image is now pointing to where the X is and and not the dot.

Here is one with a white dot ( much easier to see then the red dot. Thus the red X in the new file ) I mad for you connect the dot types