EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fetish (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Complete Install Instructions (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6468)

Zonx 07-17-2006 09:46 PM

Complete Install Instructions

Now with simplified install.

1) Backup any UI files you've customized such as Market Favs, RaidAbilities, etc.

If you have a prior Fetish UI configured to load on login, you may skip step 3 and 4. I do recommend occasional reinstalling from scratch to remove obsolete files that might conflict with files loaded from the Default directory. If you are installing from scratch, it is important to perform these steps in the order listed.

2) Download and Extract the FetishNightfall ZIP to the "Sony/Everquest II" directory. When extracting files, do not click the "Create new Folder" button, click the "OK" button instead. This will add an eq2.ini file preconfigured for the set you're installing. A few txt files and a directory for this set will be added to your "Everquest II\UI" directory.
Windows Vista/7 Users...
EQ2 is installed to a different location on Windows Vista and Windows 7. To locate your install directory, right-click the EverQuest II shortcut you use to launch the game, choose "Properties" from the menu. The path listed under the "Start in" box is where you need to extract the Fetish ZIP.
3) Download and install Microsoft.Net 2.0. You must have 2.0 installed. Later versions can be added to your system but the EQ2Maps Updater probably wont run properly without 2.0 installed.

4) Download, install and run the EQ2Maps Updater.

5) Launch EQ2 and confirm the UI is working.

6) If you customized Market Favs and similar settings in a prior version, now would be the time to migrate those changes over to your new Fetish. Note, SOE frequently changes menus in the Market window. Your old Favs may need adjusting. A MarketFavs.txt file is included with each full set that lists all menu values current at the time of release.

Once its installed and working properly, you can run the EQ2Map Updater any time you want.

CAUSION: Be very careful about installing 3rd-party patches from the Add-ons section. If an add-on is described as a "Patch" to fix some problem with the UI or a recent Live Update (LU) from SOE, only install it if the file date is newer than the main FetishNightfall ZIP.

Jimo_Seungdao 08-18-2006 11:27 PM

can't get my fave UI to work on my new CPU.....and it looks like the problem is that windows has all files from other computers (blocked) to protect my CPU. I had to unblock each file one by one to get map to work but the fetish set has so many files.... it will take hella long to do this. :mad:
any help will make me happy
ty
ps if i try to /loadui and select fetish it just crashes eq2.

Zonx 08-23-2006 11:23 PM

I'm guessing you're wanting to avoid rearanging all your game windows from scratch. Copy over the character_server_settings.ini files located in the Everquest II directory, they store all your window locations and sizes. Make sure they are unlocked.

Everything that comes standard with EQ2Maps and Fetish can be installed according to the instructions in this thread.

Locked or missing files could be causing your crash when attempting to load another character's settings. You should probably trash the entire Fetish directory on your new comp and install both EQ2Maps and Fetish from scratch just to be sure everything is present and unlocked.

casper 12-05-2006 06:55 PM

Heya Zonx, downloaded the new 8.0... Is there a .doc file in there somewhere to tell us what files we can switch for alternative views and such. Also noticed the masterstike/smite/rage/etc but not sure if we need to drop that somewhere to be able to use it.... thanks, and as always fetish rule....

Zonx 12-05-2006 07:45 PM

Just posted under the Customizations thread, which will be growing. I'll be adding updated code tweaks previously included in the .doc as soon as I can. Lots easier for me to give everyone up-to-date info in this forumn rather than in an attached doc.

Whogga 12-29-2006 08:44 AM

v8.2 spellbar settings

Hi

When i installed v8.0 soe (i think) put in a new link called hotbar settings. When I click that link i get a black square with a white square inside nothing else. kk i thought ill w8 for next version off nightfall and then i saw v8.2, i installed it and same thing happend a black square with a white square inside nothing else. i need that setting cuz i need to move spells around a bit.

What can i do ?

Found a message how to change my problem :) solved at last :nana:

trapper550 02-02-2007 06:17 AM

great work

:) bro this works great thanks for your time when other ui were crashing i was just :)

treolis 02-12-2007 11:08 PM

Any known issues w/ this UI running 64-bit Vista?

lordebon 02-13-2007 10:47 PM

Any issues would be with EQ2 itself I imagine... can't see why the UI wouldn't work if EQ2 did =)

Kattana 04-07-2007 10:27 AM

Macros not working

I can not make macros since the lastest update. Please Help! :)

-Kattana

Zelindar 04-07-2007 01:34 PM

I just deleted these Fetish files and can now edit macros. You probably don't need to delete them all but I did anyway. You'll get the default macro window instead of the fetish version.

eq2ui_examine.xml
eq2ui_mainhud.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_editmacro.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene2.xml
eq2ui_options.xml

Zonx 04-08-2007 02:10 AM

The only file affected with LU33 is eq2ui_mainhud_editmacro.xml. Delete that file and all should work as intended. There are known bugs on SOE's end with the raid window and bag resizing.

pharstrider 05-01-2007 10:18 PM

having a problem loading fetish

I have been using fetish nightfal for a long time now and saw your post about starting from scratch to get rid of outdated files. I erased the "bobsui" file, downloaded 8.7 and unzipped it to sony/everquestII. fetish no longer is used when i log in. I know i have done something wrong but I am not computer savy enough to understand what. I really enjoy using fetish and would appriciate any help that anyone can give me.

Zonx 05-01-2007 11:45 PM

A common mistake is hitting the "Make new Folder" button when extracting rather than "OK".

Another common mistake is downloading the ZIP to the Everquest II directory without actually extracting the files ;)

pharstrider 05-02-2007 02:58 AM

Thanks for the tips but i downloaded fetish to desktop and i made sure i didn't hit " make new folder" as per the instructions. Could i have done annything else wrong? Should i have unzipped it to sony/everquestII or should it have been sony/everquestII/UI/bobsui?(no i didn't use bobsui but you get the point)

ShadowProwler420 05-02-2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pharstrider (Post 58725)
Thanks for the tips but i downloaded fetish to desktop and i made sure i didn't hit " make new folder" as per the instructions. Could i have done annything else wrong? Should i have unzipped it to sony/everquestII or should it have been sony/everquestII/UI/bobsui?(no i didn't use bobsui but you get the point)

Well, judging by the instructions at the top of this thread, the .zip file should be extracted to your base Everquest II directory (see step 2 in the original post on this thread). I'm assuming when properly extracted, it will create the necessary directory within the UI subdirectory of Everquest II and put all the files in it.

DISCLAIMER: This is merely my interpretation/understanding of the instructions, as I do not use Fetish (I haven't even been able to play the game for the better part of a year now, for that matter).

Zonx 05-02-2007 01:07 PM

Extract directly to the Everquest II dir. Do not extract to any sub dir.

If you've successfully extracted to the correct location, you should see the following sub directory
Everquest II/UI/FetishNightfall

Sorting that directory by date should show several files to have dates around the same day the ZIP was uploaded.

pharstrider 05-02-2007 10:18 PM

Thank you for all your help. I have double checked everything you suggested and it looks like i did the install properly. I can only assume that i have incorrectly deleted the older versions and that this is causing the problem. Thanks again for all your help

valkry 05-10-2007 05:00 PM

UI resets itself

This is really frustrating me. I just purchased a new system (w/ Vista - YUCK!!). I loaded Fetish and EQMap but every time I log into game, or even change characters my UI resets itself back to the default UI.

After I /loadui & select Fetish (by first selecting default option then reselecting Fetish - because Fetish is greyed out to start with) and load Fetish, then I have to zone or my receipe book is empty.

Did I do something wrong, or is this just another reason why I am cussing out MircoSoft & their nearly unoperational operating system?

blizzard0c 06-12-2007 07:51 PM

LFG Toggle

I recently bought all of the expansions that are out there for EQ2. After installing them, which happens automatically, the LFG toggle and command "/lfg" brings up a screen. This screen seems like it might be useful when deciding a group however it doesn't work at all. The only thing it does is tell me what the icons should do had they worked. Furthermore, the command and toggle also do not list me on the LFG search window. I have tried everything from full scan of eq2, uninstall of fetish and eq2map updater, and reinstall. Any help with this would be great. I have already sent several reports about it through the game they have not done or said anything.

Zonx 06-13-2007 04:28 AM

8.8 was just released and resolves the LFG issue. The new LFG window was added in the last SOE update. Fixes were posted in multiple places to deal with it till I got a Fetish update out.

boondog1 08-05-2007 02:10 PM

Problem with install

I dowloaded the newest update 9.0. I unziped it to the right directory, it shows up in my EQ2 UI file. but when I log into the game I don't get the option of loading the new UI nor do i see any changes to the origial EQ2 UI. Help! What am I doing wrong?

dragonflyy69 08-13-2007 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by valkry (Post 59073)
This is really frustrating me. I just purchased a new system (w/ Vista - YUCK!!). I loaded Fetish and EQMap but every time I log into game, or even change characters my UI resets itself back to the default UI.

After I /loadui & select Fetish (by first selecting default option then reselecting Fetish - because Fetish is greyed out to start with) and load Fetish, then I have to zone or my receipe book is empty.

Did I do something wrong, or is this just another reason why I am cussing out MircoSoft & their nearly unoperational operating system?

More than likely this problem comes from Vista's new security feature. If EQ2 is installed to the default location (ie. c:\program files\blah\blah\everquest II\) then the .ini files can't be saved because Vista doesn't allow that anymore. All your ini files are saved in a new location C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming. Look in this folder for the Everquest II folder. Once you find it look for eq2.ini and manually set your interface to Fetish in there.

Also from what I understand the /loadui command is very buggy and doesn't work all the time.

Garad Moonbeam 08-17-2007 06:55 AM

Just came back to EQ2 (again). I followed the install instructions for Fetish 9.0. Things seemed to be working just fine until I went to check my mail. Got a MainHUD error that told me my UI wasn't compatible with the current version of the mail system and to reload the default UI.

Anyone else getting this or did I miss something?

FloridaFringe 08-17-2007 12:17 PM

Plenty of posts on the Mail bug.

Simply remove the eq2ui_mainhud_mail.xml file until Zonk has time to make the changes.