EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Help!?!?! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Only 1 Mod Works at a Time? Help! (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3804)

Aces 07-30-2005 01:50 AM

Only 1 Mod Works at a Time? Help!

I am having problems with my UI installation and I'm not sure what is causing it. I do use the EQ2MAPS. I'm posting here and I also posted on an already-created-thread within the EQ2MAPS forum. I'll update both when it's resolved in case others are having this problem.

Here is what I've done:

1. I've downloaded the EQ2Map autoupdater, unzipped it, and installed it

2. Ran the EQ2Map autoupdater, it created an eq2.ini file in my /EverQuest II folder and created /EverQuest II/UI/EQ2MAP folder with all the right subfolders and files

3. I then downloaded, unzipped, and copied over the three individual mods I'd like to use, ScrollLess Chat, Mook 3in1 Hotbar, and Red Dragon Book. I copied them all over into the /EverQuest II/UI/EQ2MAP folder, so for example I now have the following in my /EverQuest II/UI/EQ2MAP folder
/eq2map
/images
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_knowledge.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_mainchat.xml

(I have also copied over the necessary knowledge book image files into the /images subfolder)

When I run the game, my EQMaps works and one of three other mods works. Only one. And if I remove the one that is working (right now it happens to be Scrollless Chat Window - but it's also been Mook 3in1 Hotbar and red_dragon_knowledge book) the next in line after that one will work. But I can only get one to work in addition to EQMaps.

Any ideas here?

Deathbane27 07-30-2005 02:01 AM

Bizarre, to be sure.

Question: Do you have multiple characters? If so, do they all have the same one mod working or a different one?

To try: Delete eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, and then play EQ2 without using the EQ2MAP updater. If you still only get one of the mods working, run the updater again and try again.

Reply with the results.

Aces 07-30-2005 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathbane27
Question: Do you have multiple characters? If so, do they all have the same one mod working or a different one?

To try: Delete eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml, and then play EQ2 without using the EQ2MAP updater. If you still only get one of the mods working, run the updater again and try again.

Reply with the results.

Thanks for the quick reply, Deathbane. Short response is: it worked. Longer response....

I do have multiple characters, but they are all very recently created. I am brand new to EQ2, old-time EQ1. I am only using one UI folder, the EQ2MAP, for everyone.

When I deleted the eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml and played EQ2 without using the updater, all of my mods worked.

When I took your suggestion and ran the updater again, all of my mods I then had installed worked. I then copied and pasted over new mods and those also worked (mostly - the Crusader book I pasted over has some images missing but I presume that is a problem with that particular mod).

Thanks for the trouble-shooting for an odd issue. Will post if I hit any other bumps along the road.

Drift3r 08-04-2005 02:21 PM

I have the same problem here. I have the Map mod installed and working but putting a mod/add-on under the UI folder and adding it to the EQ2.ini list only makes it so either the one map mod works or the other one mod works. Both mods work great but I can only use one at a time.

EDIT: Never mind I realized what I was doing wrong here folks.

Heartyguy 08-06-2005 04:08 AM

I don't know what you did wrong. I can only get one mod to work. I have the MAP and QUEST journal . How do I get both to work. In slow simple sentences please I obviously am missing something here.