EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Patch Notes (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   [Live] Update Notes: Wednesday January 20, 2010(0) (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13741)

Offical Forums 01-19-2010 09:50 PM

[Live] Update Notes: Wednesday January 20, 2010(0)

GENERAL
  • We have taken a look at the experience required to gain levels and made some adjustments. Leveling from 1-65 will still require the same overall amount of experience, but the experience required at certain levels has changed. There were certain levels that required much more experience than others, but now the progression should be much steadier. Leveling to 65-75 should be a bit faster now for two reasons. The first is that required experience was lowered some. The second is that quests should give slightly more experience in this range now.

More...

Drumstix42 01-19-2010 11:16 PM

Didn't they "smooth" out XP gains across these level not too long ago? And wow another xp lower? Geez :rolleyes:

I'm really not against leveling up fast though. I think in the end it gets more players into the action and all. Though flying through content makes it.... stand out less I suppose. I leveled pretty slow over the years I've played and I enjoyed the game. I guess once slow was enough for me :D

lordebon 01-20-2010 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 87850)
Didn't they "smooth" out XP gains across these level not too long ago? And wow another xp lower? Geez :rolleyes:

I'm really not against leveling up fast though. I think in the end it gets more players into the action and all. Though flying through content makes it.... stand out less I suppose. I leveled pretty slow over the years I've played and I enjoyed the game. I guess once slow was enough for me :D

It's really not surprising, imho. New expansion that's pretty much just ~80+ combined with new starting city and new advertising push = lets make it easier for those new folks to get to 80 to buy SF.

RickF7666 01-20-2010 03:15 PM

There's another new city? I wonder if they will finally add "Home City" to the game data.

lordebon 01-20-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RickF7666 (Post 87862)
There's another new city? I wonder if they will finally add "Home City" to the game data.

Yeah, isn't Halas supposed to come out with GU55?

It's also worth pointing out that the total xp to level 80 was unchanged, they just redistributed some of the critical amounts that define a level. That and made some quests give out a bit of xp. The range that they changed was kind of a dry spot, so even if it's timed to get folks in and playing before SF it's not all that bad a change.

Drumstix42 01-20-2010 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 87863)
It's also worth pointing out that the total xp to level 80 was unchanged, they just redistributed some of the critical amounts that define a level. That and made some quests give out a bit of xp. The range that they changed was kind of a dry spot, so even if it's timed to get folks in and playing before SF it's not all that bad a change.

From what I'm reading above 1-65 was unchanged in total, but the next sentence:

Quote:

The first is that required experience was lowered some.
Is what I meant about them lowering xp to level. I'm sure it's not much either way. And yeah updating quest xp will make it appear to be quicker. Figures as I just quested out an alt in RoK :rolleyes:

lordebon 01-20-2010 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 87864)
Figures as I just quested out an alt in RoK :rolleyes:

Same, lol. Finished getting my warlock to 80 last week.

Dolby 01-20-2010 11:07 PM

My alt conj went from 40% into 77 to 4% into 78. Very nice!