EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dev Shack (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Active Quest Window (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13455)

lordebon 11-07-2009 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dechau (Post 86852)
still have 2 unanswered question here :)

What is the storyline tab and when do we get the new window go live ?

The storyline tab is not ready for our mortal eyes. As for when the window will go live, I believe it is on track for the expansion.

Garl 11-08-2009 10:48 AM

Any chance of this having the ability to display a group members quest if it's selected in the same manner from the quest journal?

Also, will it display a timer for when you hit a quest stage that is timed?

Drumstix42 11-08-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garl (Post 86869)
Any chance of this having the ability to display a group members quest if it's selected in the same manner from the quest journal

This would be an amazing feature to have!

DBurgdorf 11-09-2009 12:09 AM

OK, I realize I'm probably in a *tiny* minority, but I prefer the way the active quest window works now, only showing one quest at a time. I would ask that when you update it, you don't do anything that prevents older versions from still working, because I'll almost certainly want to keep the window as I have it right now instead of using the new one.

I like to keep the active quest window small, which wouldn't be practical if it was trying to display info about multiple quests. More importantly, the active quest window I use is modded so I can click buttons in it to immediately open the in-game browser to a walk-thru for the current quest from Allakhazam or eq2i, and that's actually the *only* functionality of the window I care about, and it's a functionality I use a *lot*.

-- Darryl (Milquetowst)

Garl 11-10-2009 04:35 PM

The only other thing I can think of that would be nice with these changes is to add a checkbox to the window that you get when someone shares a quest so you can select to immediately set the shared quest as active in the Active Quest Window.

lordebon 11-10-2009 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garl (Post 86915)
The only other thing I can think of that would be nice with these changes is to add a checkbox to the window that you get when someone shares a quest so you can select to immediately set the shared quest as active in the Active Quest Window.

I like that idea. Seeing as pretty much the same as when an NPC offers it to you, I also don't see why we couldn't have a checkbox to make the quest active (or a third button, Accept + Make Active) for all offered quests, not just those from sharing.

Dolby 11-10-2009 05:24 PM

Quest data is shared upon grouping correct? You could have a [+] sign show up on active quests you have on your HUD. When the user presses it the progress of your group mates will slide down under it.

A toggle button to wipe out your current quest lists on your HUD and replace it with all the shared quests you have with the group.

Drumstix42 11-10-2009 05:33 PM

Just make the Group tab have the same check boxes next to the quest names. Shared quests would just show which ones everyone in the group has I believe.

And I don't see how this would break any functionality already in the window, DBurgdorf. If anything you could have buttons on every single quest to have a "look up" function, as long as it's not TOTALLY hard coded.

And it's still only 1 extra click to open the Journal and then have a button in there. That's why I have it in both places in my UI.

DBurgdorf 11-17-2009 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 86923)
That's why I have [the walk-thru buttons] in both places in my UI.

Actually, now that I've checked, it's your quest journal active window I'm using. I'm using the default main journal now, since it changed to display side-by-side, but I kept your active window because of those incredibly handy walk-thru buttons. ;)

And even though it wouldn't be too difficult to add such buttons to the new expanded active window, my main concern is the fact that it is, well, an *expanded* active window. As I said before, I don't *want* a huge active quest window with an index and with info on multiple quests, as shown in the screenshot that Rothgar provided. I like being able to keep the window fairly small and unobtrusive. To quote you, "it's still only one extra click" to open the actual quest journal if I want info on other quests. :D

Again, I know I'm probably in a small minority, but I don't particularly want and won't be using (unless I have no choice in the matter) a busier active quest window. Which is why I just wanted to make sure that the coming changes won't invalidate older versions of the window.

-- Darryl

Landiin 11-17-2009 03:40 PM

Once you use it, you'll not want the other one trust me. I didn't think I liked it either and longed form my EQ2 active window at 1st. But once I see how useful it is to have the info a glance I've missed it while playing EQ2. Also; if you don't want more then one quest to show then don't pin but one quest.

Tubben 09-05-2010 04:11 AM

I would like if you just shameless steal the questhelper from WoW, to be honest...