EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   XML Modification Help & Info (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Change chat font to Verdana (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196)

Justar 10-29-2004 10:51 PM

Change chat font to Verdana

- Find your verdana.ttf which is usually in C:\Windows\Fonts and copy it to the UI\Fonts directory.
- Create a file in your EQ2 Beta directory named eq2.ini and put the following 2 lines in it:
Code:

cl_ui_skinname Verdana
cl_ui_subdir UI/

- Create a folder in UI named Verdana
- Copy eq2ui_fonts.xml and eq2ui_skininfo.xml to that folder from the default folder.
- Edit eq2ui_fonts.xml to make lines 3 and 4 say:
Code:

<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Verdana" Language="english" Name="Font_Chat" PointSize="15" PrivateFontPath="UI/Fonts/verdana.ttf" UseCachedFont="true"/>
<TextStyle Algorithm="Simple" FontName="Verdana" Language="english" Name="Font_ChatInput" PointSize="15" PrivateFontPath="UI/Fonts/verdana.ttf" UseCachedFont="true"/>

- Edit eq2ui_skininfo.xml. Change, at minimum, the description and text fields to whatever you want them to say.

Fire up eq2 and you should have Verdana in your chat window and actually be able to read your text now!

agra 10-30-2004 02:58 PM

I can get this to work if I overwrite this file (eq2uifonts.xml) in the Default skin directory, after patching is complete.

However, if i try to *switch* to this with /loadui, it invariably crashes a few seconds later, although admittedly, it does change the font.

Has anyone been able to get this to work outside the Default directory, or is the problem I'm having "just me" ? :confused:

On the plus side, if I do overwite the default, I have zero problems, game runs fine for hours, chat font can be Verdana, Arial, Andale Mono, whatever you want.

EDIT:

Yes, this works with the eq2.ini settings:
cl_ui_skinname arial
cl_ui_subdir UI/

to make it load at startup. Forgot to mention that.. It just crashes if you try /loadui.

insomniac 10-30-2004 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agra
Has anyone been able to get this to work outside the Default directory, or is the problem I'm having "just me" ?

hmmmmm........ read the sticky lately?

/em ponders pulling a moorgard and doing STICKY'D in big read letters next time. :p

edit: oh and grats on being post 100

agra 10-30-2004 05:49 PM

Yep, read that. Just wondering if anything changed with the most recent patch..

Deathbane27 11-04-2004 03:40 PM

Thanks, Justar, this works great. :) Now to see if I can replace the craptacular font in the rest of the UI.

By the way, you can skip the patch by running Everquest2.exe directly. The downside is that you will have to re-enter your password if you switch characters.

Edit: Ah, excellent. I've replaced the Zapf font in the rest of the UI with Arial by replacing the contents XML files. Just copy-paste from Arial14 or ArialBold15, then change the font name back to the original, and there you go. :D

Kasen 11-14-2004 11:36 AM

Maybe I did something wrong but whenever I re-log it loads the default ui =/. Has anything changed since beta to live ?