EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Request (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Info Center (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13201)

Ixoa 08-09-2009 05:30 AM

Info Center

I am wondering if Info Center will be updated since all the spell name changes as i use it a lot as a referance when i need to make the next tier of spells.
Im useing Profit UI but im aware that the info center isnt just used in that ui.

Yours
Ixoa:)

Tibet 08-16-2009 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ixoa (Post 85128)
I am wondering if Info Center will be updated since all the spell name changes as i use it a lot as a referance when i need to make the next tier of spells.
Im useing Profit UI but im aware that the info center isnt just used in that ui.

Yours
Ixoa:)

I too would like to know when the info centre is going to be updated. It is an integral part of the UI and a very important part of it. Anyone care to comment on this as there has been no response to the poster above?

Drumstix42 08-16-2009 05:26 AM

Lotta information in there to keep it all updated, no matter which of the versions floating around. I haven't been able to keep up with mine with RL.

Updating all the spells names would take a good bit of time, and I would suggest taking the files you can, and submitting them with the proper changes.

They're just simple txt files, and if you at least do the one with your main class, then you'll be helping everyone else out in the process.

Cheers.

Tibet 08-17-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 85280)
Lotta information in there to keep it all updated, no matter which of the versions floating around. I haven't been able to keep up with mine with RL.

Updating all the spells names would take a good bit of time, and I would suggest taking the files you can, and submitting them with the proper changes.

They're just simple txt files, and if you at least do the one with your main class, then you'll be helping everyone else out in the process.

Cheers.

I have no idea how to do that. If no one is going to update the info centre what else is not going to be updated? Will the entire UI just degrade to uselessness because no one is taking on the job of the prior creator?
When the expansion comes out will this UI keep up with the possible changes that most probably will occure?

If you could at least tell me where to go and how to make the changes I can give it a go.

Thanks...

gm9 08-17-2009 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tibet (Post 85301)
I have no idea how to do that..

Just go into the InfoCenter folder and edit away at the .txt files.

lordebon 08-18-2009 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tibet (Post 85301)
I have no idea how to do that. If no one is going to update the info centre what else is not going to be updated? Will the entire UI just degrade to uselessness because no one is taking on the job of the prior creator?
When the expansion comes out will this UI keep up with the possible changes that most probably will occure?

Such is the way of a community volunteer supported system. Look through the old mobs here, you'll see lots that have not been updated in eons.

Personally, with EQ2i and the in-game browser I no longer use the infocenter, others may feel the same, thus no one has really taken the time to update it.

Ixoa 08-18-2009 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 85302)
Just go into the InfoCenter folder and edit away at the .txt files.

Thanks GM9 was gonna ask myself how to edit the files :) on a side note if ive edited the classes i use is there a way to upload the file ive edited so others can update theres ? or can i send it via a e-mail to someone?

Thnks

gm9 08-18-2009 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ixoa (Post 85305)
Thanks GM9 was gonna ask myself how to edit the files :) on a side note if ive edited the classes i use is there a way to upload the file ive edited so others can update theres ? or can i send it via a e-mail to someone?

Thnks

Upload them as a patch to the official InfoCenter download maybe? Possibly Drums' version. If you send Kaldran a PM about it I'm sure he'll add it to the ProfitUI updater also (or to Chrislau if he's set up to upload to the updater, no idea, I'm really out of this ;)).

Drumstix42 08-18-2009 02:09 PM

If you wanna to add it to my version (found here) you could post a reply to the topic and add the changes as an attachment. The text files are only a few KBs so it should be no problem.

I think all the latest versions of the InfoCenter are fairly the same. I think if I remember right, gm9 took my version and edited it to work properly in Profit and made some tweaks to it as well.
I know mine still lacks information of TSO and later.

gm9 08-18-2009 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 85307)
I think if I remember right, gm9 took my version and edited it to work properly in Profit and made some tweaks to it as well.
I know mine still lacks information of TSO and later.

Indeed, I took your updated InfoCenter framework as a base and tweaked it a bit. As to the datafiles you had used my patch to the original Milquetowst InfoCenter IIRC so content-wise they are mostly identical I think (the ProfitUI version was slightly more updated but I can't remember anymore what for specifically).

DBurgdorf 08-19-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 85303)
Personally, with EQ2i and the in-game browser I no longer use the infocenter....

Heck, I *originated* the InfoCenter, and I don't even use it any more.

-- Darryl (aka Milquetowst, Rainbeau, Fayberry and others)

lordebon 08-19-2009 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBurgdorf (Post 85314)
Heck, I *originated* the InfoCenter, and I don't even use it any more.

-- Darryl (aka Milquetowst, Rainbeau, Fayberry and others)

*Grin*. Yep. It was pretty awesome back in it's day though!

Drumstix42 08-19-2009 01:52 PM

Some things I can just find answers to faster in a pre-defined layout of the UI then I can by opening the in-game (or external) browser and searching for it.

I think my favorite useful information is L&L book locations, cause I always forget.