EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DarqUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   DarqUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18200)

Vaari 04-27-2016 03:26 PM

DarqUI

This is probably a dumb question but I run darqui and can't seem to find a way to update, I see updates have been released, not sure if they update automatically or not. I'm having troubles with it so thought maybe I needed to update. Can anyone give me some information on this? Thanks!

Darqwood 04-27-2016 04:49 PM

Run the DarqUI utility and check for updates on the Updates page. If you don't see it, click the gear icon in the upper left-hand corner.

Raetear 04-27-2016 06:42 PM

UL-SEC Getting list of updates...
UL-SEC-1 Could not retrieve list of updates. Retrying...
UL-SEC-2 Could not retrieve list of updates. Retrying...
UL-SEC-3 Could not retrieve list of updates. Retrying...
UL-SEC-4 Could not retrieve list of updates. Retrying...
UL-SEC-5 Could not retrieve list of updates. Retrying...

Is the error i was getting..

Darqwood 04-27-2016 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raetear (Post 106547)
UL-SEC Getting list of updates...

Is the error i was getting..

That output is from an old version of the utility. The old cloud locations no longer contain data.

mh272 04-28-2016 07:49 PM

Hopefully someone can help with this.

Every time I /reloadui from Darqui to Default, EQ2 crashes. If I go from Default to Darqui, it is ok, if I go from default to default blue it is ok.
But everytime I type /exit I crash as well, so maybe it's a Daybreak problem?

I get this as output when it crashes:

Quote:

Couldn't load .xml
Encountered </ImageStyle> which does not close open container 'EQ2Title' of type Page
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_bag.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_bag.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_bank.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_bank.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_market.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_market.xml
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_inventory_upgrade.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_inventory_upgrade.xml
:: Could not access resource eq2ui_inventory_upgrade_tooltip.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: eq2ui_inventory_upgrade_tooltip.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_prices.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_prices.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_recipe.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_recipe.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_beastlord.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_beastlord.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_maintmon.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_maintmon.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_browser.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_browser.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_casting.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_casting.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_detrimental.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_detrimental.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_effects.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_effects.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_hotkey.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_hotkey.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_implied.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_implied.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_maintained.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_maintained.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_mercenary.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_mercenary.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_player.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_player.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_savagery.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_savagery.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_targettag.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_targettag.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_threat.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_threat.xml
:: Could not access resource POI/darquiv3_tracking.xml
:: Failed to load data from included resource: POI/darquiv3_tracking.xml

Darqwood 04-28-2016 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh272 (Post 106571)
Hopefully someone can help with this.

Every time I /reloadui from Darqui to Default, EQ2 crashes. If I go from Default to Darqui, it is ok, if I go from default to default blue it is ok.
But everytime I type /exit I crash as well, so maybe it's a Daybreak problem?

I get this as output when it crashes:

That is the ui log for a new install whether you crashed or not. Those messages mean you haven't customized any of the windows. The game could not access the listed resources because they don't exist yet.

Try switching to the "lite" version of the DarqUI browser -- right-click the gear icon on the updates page to choose it. The lite version only has one instance of the awesomium browser client which may help with your crashing issue.

mh272 04-29-2016 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqwood (Post 106573)
That is the ui log for a new install whether you crashed or not. Those messages mean you haven't customized any of the windows. The game could not access the listed resources because they don't exist yet.

Try switching to the "lite" version of the DarqUI browser -- right-click the gear icon on the updates page to choose it. The lite version only has one instance of the awesomium browser client which may help with your crashing issue.

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it did not help, but I forgot to say previously that it was happening on test server after they put gu100 on it, and then when the main servers went live with gu100 it started happening. Also, it happens with all ui's, drums, profit, and darq, I think DB broke something. I crash when I exit the game as well.

EDIT: Installed EQ2 fresh on another PC with Darq and everything is fine. So I deleted my eq2 install on the main computer and copied over my fresh install from the other PC, and all is well, sorry to take up your time.

Zidu 04-29-2016 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh272 (Post 106575)
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it did not help, but I forgot to say previously that it was happening on test server after they put gu100 on it, and then when the main servers went live with gu100 it started happening. Also, it happens with all ui's, drums, profit, and darq, I think DB broke something. I crash when I exit the game as well.

EDIT: Installed EQ2 fresh on another PC with Darq and everything is fine. So I deleted my eq2 install on the main computer and copied over my fresh install from the other PC, and all is well, sorry to take up your time.

I'm confused by this change also and I noticed it like on Test and then on Live.

Even more curious why a reinstall would fix this? Do you still have more than one custom UI folder when not crashing from /loadui when switching?

mh272 04-29-2016 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zidu (Post 106576)
I'm confused by this change also and I noticed it like on Test and then on Live.

Even more curious why a reinstall would fix this? Do you still have more than one custom UI folder when not crashing from /loadui when switching?

I am not sure, but a complete reinstall did fix it, I only had DarqUI installed at the time, then as a test downloaded other ui's to see if it still crashed, and it did. This also happened on the test server in the days leading up to the release. A dev answered on the eq2 forums that it was a problem with the Experience UI. Post #48 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2....569506/page-3

Darqwood 04-29-2016 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mh272 (Post 106584)
I am not sure, but a complete reinstall did fix it, I only had DarqUI installed at the time, then as a test downloaded other ui's to see if it still crashed, and it did. This also happened on the test server in the days leading up to the release. A dev answered on the eq2 forums that it was a problem with the Experience UI. Post #48 https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2....569506/page-3

Yes it's a problem with Experience windows that have not been updated to include the XP vial system. Folks on the forums with custom UIs that are complaining of crashes either use an outdated UI, or they use DarqUI and failed to update their files after the GU went live.

So to clarify, today the developers edited the EverQuest II EXE file to accommodate custom UI's that have not been updated. The crashing issues were not the result of an oversight on the part of active custom UI authors, nor players who downloaded their new file updates promptly.

mh272 04-29-2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqwood (Post 106585)
Yes it's a problem with Experience windows that have not been updated to include the XP vial system. Folks on the forums with custom UIs that are complaining of crashes either use an outdated UI, or they use DarqUI and failed to update their files after the GU went live.

So to clarify, today the developers edited the EverQuest II EXE file to accommodate custom UI's that have not been updated. The crashing issues were not the result of an oversight on the part of active custom UI authors, nor players who downloaded their new file updates promptly.

Thanks for the explanation, and it does make sense, I was using a different experience Ui in darqUI. It makes me sad that I did not have to reinstall EQ2, just get rid of the experience UI I was using, but I did not know that last night :(

lordebon 04-30-2016 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darqwood (Post 106585)

This happens time to time when they hard code things and ignore the fact that people make/user custom UIs. The UI should fail gracefully - there's window versioning for major updates that may cause crash-level breakage but it fails sometimes (usually for HUD windows) and there's fallback behavior where the game will ignore the custom UI and fallback to the default if there's an issue on loading. If it's crashing then they've messed up.

Darqwood 04-30-2016 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 106599)
This happens time to time when they hard code things and ignore the fact that people make/user custom UIs. The UI should fail gracefully - there's window versioning for major updates that may cause crash-level breakage but it fails sometimes (usually for HUD windows) and there's fallback behavior where the game will ignore the custom UI and fallback to the default if there's an issue on loading. If it's crashing then they've messed up.

Well, Bunji posted on the official forums that "It's an issue with Custom UIs" which may be technically true but by being overly-broad it throws the entire custom interface community under the bus, including those of us who meticulously keep everything up to date.

Vaari 05-04-2016 10:39 PM

Thanks all

I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall it all, the updater wouldn't even run. It seems to have fixed a number of the issues I was having and is now running very well. Thanks all and good luck.

Elinea 05-06-2016 06:32 AM

So, am I reading this right? The only way to get DarqUI updated is to reinstall my whole EQ2 game? Is there another version of the DarqUI Unified.exe that I need? I saw a response saying that it is connecting to an old cloud that no longer has the files on it....but how do I connect to the right cloud? I'm getting:

Using standard and alternate download methods on the update section, and the little cloud at the top of the utility is red. Hepl?

Darqwood 05-06-2016 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elinea (Post 106661)
So, am I reading this right? The only way to get DarqUI updated is to reinstall my whole EQ2 game? Is there another version of the DarqUI Unified.exe that I need? I saw a response saying that it is connecting to an old cloud that no longer has the files on it....but how do I connect to the right cloud? I'm getting:

Using standard and alternate download methods on the update section, and the little cloud at the top of the utility is red. Hepl?

Make sure you have at least utility version 3.1, preferably v3.1.0.1.