EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Chit-Chat (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   EQII Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53)

Camar 09-04-2004 05:23 PM

EQII Beta

Anyone received their official EQII Beta invites yet?

ghesta 09-05-2004 11:56 AM

Would saying yes to this question violate the NDA?

Deathbane27 09-05-2004 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghesta

Yes, it would.

Dolby 09-05-2004 08:36 PM

Its been asked and the answer was no it would not break the NDA saying your in beta. However you may get thousands of questions after you say your in. So you may not want to tell any one.

Just search the beta soe forums and you will find the answer too.

Kudane 09-05-2004 08:41 PM

I know that Beta has started, and saw on the SOE forums where people have posted thier amaze at having gotten thier invite emails.

Sooo agreeing with Dolby.. saying "yes" does not break the NDA.

Saying anything past that would most definately be a breach.

So dont ask question ROFL!

ghesta 09-06-2004 06:33 PM

Kinda one of those "If i told you Id have to kill you" kinda things then eh?

Sorvani 09-06-2004 10:46 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faarwolf from EQ2 forums
Discussing the game - even publicly saying that you got an invite - is a violation of the NDA and grounds for account suspension.

the above quote is located here.
http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/e...ssage.id=45231

Dolby 09-07-2004 07:20 AM

Thanks for that link, there is some conflicting information (cant say any more) and I'll bring that up to some one at SOE.

ghesta 09-07-2004 05:21 PM

/me zips mouth, throws key in a ditch.

DISCLAIMER - nothing said in the above post should be taken either way as confirmation nor denial of anything what so ever, up to and including the existance of the poster. Any assumption of events based on above material will be erronious and very very foolish. Plus, no one usually ever listens to me anyways.

ghesta 09-07-2004 05:25 PM

Hahah, i liked that disclaimer so much, I had to add it to my signature !!!

Kudane 09-07-2004 06:13 PM

i liked it.

hehehe

guice 09-08-2004 12:38 AM

I'm rather shocked stating that you're in Beta is against the NDA. Maybe cause it's not *quite* out in public closed beta (ie; SOE officially stating they are inviting folks that pre-registered?). Not sure. I'm always skeptic when SOE has to place such tight NDA on things. The word I hear on the streets is that EQII doesn't have that much special going for it. Many things I herd are on par with what CoH and WoW is doing (although it's still constantly changing).

Maybe some century I'll get into this beta and I can have fun tearing it apart. I love tearing apart games (I tear up their website all the time--btw, the EQII resign is an example of website redesign gone bad). :p

Centhena 09-09-2004 02:20 PM

yep disclaimer rocks hehe very funy :)

sokol 09-10-2004 09:08 PM

Quote:

Hahah, i liked that disclaimer so much, I had to add it to my signature !!!

It was addressed on the SoE forums by SoE employees and it is ok to tell people your in beta without violating the NDA, but that is all you can say.

-Sokol

Sentrus 09-11-2004 04:59 PM

Legally Binding Answer

EverQuest II Beta Official NDA Excerpt

2.1 Confidential Information Defined. “Confidential Information” shall mean (a) any and all information relating to or contained in the Beta Software, Beta Program and/or the Game, including, without limitation...

Personally I'd say the knowledge of who is or is not Beta, is "relating to" the Beta Program.

Regardless of what anyone says in the Beta forums, they do not have the authority to amend the agreement.

Dolby 09-12-2004 01:18 AM

Let’s just say if you’re in beta you know if you can or can not say if you’re in it as it has been discussed many times now and the same answer has been given by the staff each time.

;)

Banalan 10-12-2004 04:50 PM

I guess then it isn't against any NDA to say I was NOT choosen for EQ 2 Beta? <Looks over at the useless box of Lords of Everquest and sighs> HA HA HA! :)

Kudane 10-12-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banalan
I guess then it isn't against any NDA to say I was NOT choosen for EQ 2 Beta? <Looks over at the useless box of Lords of Everquest and sighs> HA HA HA! :)

well i have been told that if you bought LOE and registered in the time frame you *will* get in at some point. but that they never said when.

sooo don't give up yet.

PS. we have permission from SOE to announce the winners of the beta slots here. So those people can say they are in beta.. hehe

Serpentis 10-12-2004 05:52 PM

Ya, thats a good one! I'd use it too, but since you got it I'll leave you as the Disclaimer person :) Oh ya, and :p for finding it first

Serpentis 10-12-2004 05:59 PM

O ya, if your in beta, I'd say just keep that one to yourself for now anyway...or else have a ton of people you don't know standing outside your door all a sudden, or peakin thru your window. Hmmmm, that's almost kinda scarry.

Kudane 10-12-2004 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Serpentis
O ya, if your in beta, I'd say just keep that one to yourself for now anyway...or else have a ton of people you don't know standing outside your door all a sudden, or peakin thru your window. Hmmmm, that's almost kinda scarry.

spaming your email

sending you PMs

Sending you AIMs

Buying you hookers.. er.. uh... scratch that..

hehehe

karis 10-12-2004 06:08 PM

LoL thats a very funny disclaimer hehe. :D

Serpentis 10-12-2004 06:09 PM

Well, just leave the beer next to the door and I might (if accepted) let ya take a look or even touch the keyboard & mouse. Hmmmm, dunno bout that buying the errr ummm, you know... I mean, that would be a distraction from playing....so that idea goes out the window.

Syndic 10-13-2004 02:01 AM

I love that disclaimer.

So what your saying is that the competition winners can say they are in Beta but other invitees can not?

Kudane 10-13-2004 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syndic
I love that disclaimer.

So what your saying is that the competition winners can say they are in Beta but other invitees can not?

hehe no, i was just saying that we specifically asked about announcing winners.

so far I have not heard anyone getting in trouble for just saying "yep i am in beta"