EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   11/28/2021 EQ2Map Error Updating (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19620)

tobez 11-28-2021 11:40 AM

11/28/2021 EQ2Map Error Updating

This has prob been addressed, and solved a while back, but just returning after about 3 years, and cant get it to even begin to install any zone maps. I get the count-down 3-2-1 and then boom, error. Already went to MS site to see if I needed a net frame 4, and the site says I already have it or better. Dumped the EQ2.ini file, tried opening the properties folder, and un-ticking the read-only box/apply/okay, shut down firewalls, etc. Soooo, kind of ata loss, lol. Heres the log and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
~tobez

1.3.0 Unknown Thread Error: mscorlib
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindPaths(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, String wildCard)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards, Collection`1 Results)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.FileIO.FileSystem.FindFilesOrDirectories(FileOrDirectory FileOrDirectory, String directory, SearchOption searchType, String[] wildcards)
at EQ2MAP_Updater.MainWindow.DownloadUpdates()
at EQ2MAP_Updater.MainWindow.GetUpdates()
at EQ2MAP_Updater.MainWindow.Timer3_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)Could not find a part of the path 'D:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP\POI'.

esormaj 11-28-2021 02:46 PM

I am in the exact same boat. I have made sure I have installed the latest dotnet and I have also run as administrator.

jnils 11-29-2021 02:30 AM

This is my fault.
There is most likely a folder missing.
A work around is to create all the folders by hand.
In your case:
D:\Users\Public\Daybreak Game Company\Installed Games\EverQuest II\UI\EQ2MAP\POI
I did not try this as a new installation, my EQ2MAP did already exist.
I will fix this later today.

Sorry :o

sniperic1 11-30-2021 08:41 PM

can install

I keep getting the Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file, you many not have the appropriate permissions to access them. I read the above, those files already exist, on my d drive, I am running as aministrator so I am not sure what is up. Sad thing is there is no work around it sticks me at download new file, no way around it other than to run eq2 native mode. UGG!

jnils 12-01-2021 01:12 AM

Have you tried to restart computer, solves many things sometimes :)

sniperic1 12-01-2021 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 110316)
Have you tried to restart computer, solves many things sometimes :)

I finally found it my antivirus software somehow blocked the file, and was not giving me an error. I had to go add an exception for the file. Once I did that it worked. I had to disable the software when downloading the file. I had no idea that fprot was going to auto quarantine the file without tossing me an error.

jnils 12-01-2021 09:14 AM

Glad you found a solution :)