EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Released (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Fetish Nightfall Full Release (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2244)

Tuche 12-12-2005 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTdesertace
i cant seem to get Findarato's maintaned with target names to work any ideas? :( its the mod maybe???

same prob here

and with the default maintained window from this mod, sometimes it just disappears . . .

dynkdynk 12-13-2005 11:37 AM

I can't see my effects bar. I've alt + pressed every single letter in my keyboard and it won't pop up, I just see the "maintained" spell list. Is it something in the mod that's causing this? (Not up to date or something?) Or something completely different?

Tuche 12-13-2005 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dynkdynk
I can't see my effects bar. I've alt + pressed every single letter in my keyboard and it won't pop up, I just see the "maintained" spell list. Is it something in the mod that's causing this? (Not up to date or something?) Or something completely different?

i can see effects but cant maintained

Mumnoch 12-16-2005 05:37 AM

Perhaps some of you can help me with this. I'm trying to edit the login screen so that my password is automaticly plugged in (yes I'm that lazy lol). Also trying to make it so the server I play on comes up instead of the default word "server". Mostly I'm just trying to see if it can be done. I think I found the file that I need to modify but so far my tinkering has yielded no results. I think the file I need to edit is eq2ui_loginscene.xml. Thanks for any suggestions!

Mumnoch lvl 60 Berserker
Butcherblock

Update, right after posting this I decided to start at the top of the page and read line for line of the text. Found what I was looking for at the top lol. In case anyone else wishes to take part in being as lazy as possible with this outstanding mod all you need to do is open up your eq2ui_loginscene.xml in word. Look for the 6th line of text, at the end it will say Password=password(or something like this). Just plug in your password inplace of the text. The next line it will say Autoplayword.text=Server. Replace Server with the name of the server you play on and bingo! No more typing, just load up the quick eq2.exe and when the password screen pops up hit enter and it will load up your chars for you. Loving it ;)

Zonx 12-17-2005 04:03 AM

Mumnoch, lol, those instructions are in the provided .DOC file ;)

Savie 12-17-2005 10:08 AM

I got this UI today, and it looks great! Just wondering though, my map is not showing in the purple skin color.. I followed the directions or the EQ2maps, and I noticed you mentioned something before about a problem with maps, but can't find what the actual problem was, is there a way to fix this?

Also is there a mod or a way to change the skin on the loading/casting bars and the mouse pointer? Thanks!

dc_roenfanz 12-18-2005 05:29 AM

ZONX FOR TEH WIN!!!!!

*pokefun* PS: Yur a punk, diry Frisco scum *pokefun*

Gumba 12-18-2005 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonx
Mumnoch, lol, those instructions are in the provided .DOC file ;)

To be fair, they are buried in the change notes. A more prominet place at the beginning of the file would help a lot.

Ertoocs 12-19-2005 08:04 AM

Don't know if anyone else is having this issue, or if maybe I've just screwed something up, but I cannot used the knowledgebase window with this mod (in order to submit petitions). I can type in what I want, but when I click on search, nothing happens. I've had to fallback to delete the fetish version of this window and use the default (which also is a bit buggy, as all the text is black and almost impossible to see.....might be due to the fetish mod being installed).

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there and see if anyone else is having the same issue, or knows how to fix it.

Mumnoch 12-19-2005 09:34 AM

Lol, go figure. Well that's why you make the game defining mod's and I just use them hehe.

Zonx 12-20-2005 09:39 AM

Gumba is right though, I need to add notes about the quick login to the customizations section of the Doc. Thought I had... I can see why someone might not catch it in the change history.

Kerianah, I have not run the EQ2Maps updater recently, so am not sure what might be getting stepped on or broken. If you ran the updater since installing my version 5.2 and allowed it to replace your MainHud.Map file, you must reinstall a copy of eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml from the Fetish ZIP. Make sure you have checked the "Ask to replace MainHUD.Map" box under EQ2Maps Options.

Currently, if you allow EQ2Maps to replace that file, you loose all the Fetish Map extras and skin.

Ertoocs, make sure you are using v5.2. There was an issue with the Help window in previous versions. Even if you think you have v5.2 installed, I suggest you reextract the Help window file.

jgok 12-20-2005 05:56 PM

Just as a helpful list, the UI files updated were...

eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
eq2ui_inventory_market.xml
eq2ui_journal_quest.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_persona.xml
eq2ui_newcharscene.xml
eq2ui_popup_rewardpack.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_lotto.xml
eq2ui_mainhud_society.xml
eq2ui_options.xml
eq2ui_inventory_inventory.xml

I deleted these before logging in today, and have had no problems as yet. Until Zonx gets a chance to update everything, deleting these files from your Fetish directory should fix any issues.

Daedra 12-20-2005 08:04 PM

just to be clear, how would i stop the persona bar from auto loading?

its a pretty cool bar, but I really dont want it, just dont have the screen real estate for it...

and kudos to zonx, this is my favorite skin of all time!!

now how about an update for LU18, poke poke! :D :D

edit: (go a head and call me lazy for not reading the doc :) )

Persona bar Closed by Default: open eq2ui_mainhud_clock.xml in Notepad. Search for and delete…
show_window=(MainHUD.Personabar)
show_window=(MainHUD.Personabar)
Save and Exit.

Zonx 12-21-2005 01:42 AM

LU 18 Quick Fix

The following files had non-esential cosmetic changes and only need a version number added to the Fetish version.

eq2ui_inventory_market.xml
eq2ui_inventory_store.xml
eq2ui_popup_feedback.xml

To add the version number, open each file in NotePad and find the second ">". Replace with...
Code:

version="1.0.1">
The following file needs a version number added in the middle of the file.
eq2ui_newcharscene.xml
Search for Name="NCSCharSelect". Replace with...
Code:

Name="NCSCharSelect" version="1.0.1"

The following file had major code additions.
eq2ui_journals_quest.xml
A diff can be viewed here. You can try adding the new code to the Fetish version yourself or remove the file to restore the default.

The following file had major revisions. The Fetish version should be removed till the next release.

Savie 12-21-2005 12:19 PM

Quote:

Kerianah, I have not run the EQ2Maps updater recently, so am not sure what might be getting stepped on or broken. If you ran the updater since installing my version 5.2 and allowed it to replace your MainHud.Map file, you must reinstall a copy of eq2ui_mainhud_map.xml from the Fetish ZIP. Make sure you have checked the "Ask to replace MainHUD.Map" box under EQ2Maps Options.

Currently, if you allow EQ2Maps to replace that file, you loose all the Fetish Map extras and skin.

I have no idea if this helps, but when I tried to open the file
eq2ui_mainhud_map the page that opened said this:

Quote:

Only one top level element is allowed in an XML document. Error processing resource 'file:///C:/Program Files/Sony/EverQues...

<include>eq2map/window_external.xml</include>
-^
That is from where I unzipped the UI, it says the same thing when I open the one in the EQ2 ui directory.

valcra 12-21-2005 06:08 PM

Hey Zonx got a quick question for you. Can you explaine to me how I make my inventory window shrink by defualt? I have beat my head over that fetish doc and I cant make it work with those instructions to save my life. So if you or anyone really has the time to help. I'd greatly apriciate it. Thanks

Daedra 12-22-2005 01:10 AM

zonx,
I updated the files as you discribed in your post, but I dont think it worked. Maybe I didnt get your instructions right, not sure. When I loaded the char select screen, it came up with only the chars images, but none of the menus or buttons would show. I had to Alt-tab out of the game and close it down. I didnt try any of the other windows that were update, but just replaced them with the default UI .xml files.

Anyways, hope to see the update UI soon.

Merry Frostfell! :D

Mumnoch 12-22-2005 09:57 AM

Where would be a good place to post requests or suggestions for this awsome UI? I've seen some here and I've got some ideas or "requests" hehe but don't want to bog down the bugs/etc thread if there is another place to do it.

willzombie 12-22-2005 07:11 PM

First time poster, long time lurker

Hey, Zonx.

I really appreciate you for your time and effort in creating the Fetish-UI, as I am sure all of your downloaders do. :)

Has this been said? I wanted to remind you that food/drink inventory slots were added to the inspection window.

Please keep up your efforts- I would not be as satisfied with EQII if it were not for your works.

Regards,

Tverian of Guk

Mumnoch 12-22-2005 09:20 PM

Noticed today that every now and then my eq2 crashes...gives me this: Everquest 2 has suffered a unrecoverable error and must shut down.

If I open up my bags all the items icon's show as just white blocks and same with my inventory. If I don't click anything I can continue playing (with this error window staring me in the face lol) and another window will pop up saying that the client can not write to my everquest2 file. I took some screen shots of it all but after looking in my directory I can't find them so I can only assume that this was part of the "can't write blah blah" lol. Any idea what's up?

realx 12-23-2005 08:07 AM

Zonx stop slacking release 5.03 :P

i couldnt resist to post this :D

merry xmass and stuff to uz :nana:

Aviendha36 12-23-2005 01:19 PM

First off Zonx, love your work. Don't know what I would do w/o Fetish ;)

I'm getting an error when i start a quest telling me to load the default UI.

I think it has something to do with the new feature of showing the quest reward.

Is this going to be fixed in an upcoming release? Or is there a work around?

portengine 12-23-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aviendha36
First off Zonx, love your work. Don't know what I would do w/o Fetish ;)

I'm getting an error when i start a quest telling me to load the default UI.

I think it has something to do with the new feature of showing the quest reward.

Is this going to be fixed in an upcoming release? Or is there a work around?

This might sound snotty. It isn't.
I remember the good old days when you could read a thread or at least the last several pages and see if there was an answer to a problem.

Quote:

The following file had major revisions. The Fetish version should be removed till the next release.

I removed the file by adding an extension .bak to the end of the file. Since the file name is different it can no longer find the file. All of this information can be found in post #1264, eight posts before yours.

Canedor 12-25-2005 06:49 PM

Hi,

i have installed the Fetish UI in my EQ2 directory, it works very fine for me but i have got 1 problem now.

I logged out of the game and logged again in and the Personabar is gone, i could not find it anymore... how can i show it again ? I dont have changed anything after the relogg it was gone !?!? Dont know why :(

Hope for help.

crawler409 12-25-2005 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canedor
Hi,

i have installed the Fetish UI in my EQ2 directory, it works very fine for me but i have got 1 problem now.

I logged out of the game and logged again in and the Personabar is gone, i could not find it anymore... how can i show it again ? I dont have changed anything after the relogg it was gone !?!? Dont know why :(

Hope for help.

Type "p" or bring up the persona window any way you can....

There is a LITTLE "p" in a box on top of the window in the center...

Click that little "p" box....

ZONX!!!

I love this mod, just figured I'd throw that out there for you...

Happy Holidays!!