EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   DrumsUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   [DrumsUI] Full Interface (Version 1.0) (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13625)

Drumstix42 02-16-2010 01:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
New release: Version 1.3

Custom text saving from with in-game has arrived!

Update Log:
v1.3 - 2010.02.16
- New: Group/Raid button quick buttons & cures
- New: Tracking window -- several asked for it, hope you enjoy :)
- New: rearranged Broker window (with more updates coming)
- Update: Player window self cures now editable
- Update: Journal window, active quest, persona, inspect player, stat bar updated for Sentinel's Fate
- Fix: Guild bank settings rank list displays properly now
- Fix: Target/Implied windows show now play nicely in either con mode (originally a game bug?)
- Several other small spacing tweaks/changes

UNINSTALL YOUR OLD VERSION FIRST!
It's not likely to cause issues, but some files have changed and some have been removed!

-------------------------------------------

DrumsUI now has it's own forum section! :nana:

With this update comes a lot of changes to the custom-saving options and the all new custom-saving text! Many of the features/updates included with community-requested ideas and suggestions. So I hope you all enjoy the update.
There's still more updates on the way, but I want to make sure everything was updated for Sentinel's Fate :)

The in-game settings (see screenshot below for example) save per-character and are editable on the fly from a popup screen. These quick cast buttons have few limitations, and I'll be explaining them in a sticky and make a page on the DrumsUI portal shortly.

Please report any bugs you come across. I'll be posting details information about tips and usage for the in-game buttons soon.

-Drum

Qupe 02-16-2010 02:24 PM

Aww, no matching target/implied frame =(

Thanks for the prompt update for server up!

Drumstix42 02-16-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qupe (Post 88244)
Aww, no matching target/implied frame =(

Thanks for the prompt update for server up!

Aye, I ran out of time on that. But you can bet it'll be in the next update.
Cheers!

Qupe 02-16-2010 02:44 PM

It's not a problem at all. Thanks again, sir!

kiersten 02-16-2010 10:14 PM

Not sure if this is just me, but my quest helper disappeared with the update to SF. I can right click and open the window properties and make the frame visible. But I can't see any text within the frame.

If i delete the two journal XML's from my custom folder I can see the default journal helper just fine though. Any idea what's up?

wymp 02-16-2010 10:18 PM

nm, heh.

Works fine. Another 'idiot behind the wheel' situation. :)

Valdacil 02-16-2010 10:22 PM

All of the new modifications look good. You fixed the bugs noted in the previous version of guild and persona windows :) Nice work on the whole.

One thing I noticed is that the default and all Alt versions of the group window are sans pets. Do you have a version that includes the group pets (there is one in the Alts folder, but says OUTDATED)?

foozlesprite 02-16-2010 10:23 PM

kiersten and wymp, download and install the new version of DrumsUI. The expansion changed the Journal and Active windows, but the new version of DrumsUI has them fixed and working.

Manxs 02-16-2010 10:39 PM

Having problems getting the click to cure to work when as a potion only. do i need to edit the settings to make that work.

Drumstix42 02-17-2010 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiersten (Post 88275)
Not sure if this is just me, but my quest helper disappeared with the update to SF. I can right click and open the window properties and make the frame visible. But I can't see any text within the frame.

If i delete the two journal XML's from my custom folder I can see the default journal helper just fine though. Any idea what's up?

Quests don't show in the quest helper anymore when you just highlight them in the journal. You need to click the checkboxes in the journal to select them to display in the Quest helper.
The Quest helper checkbox seems to be broken, but you can still toggle the helper with ALT+J (or your custom bind).

@Manxs: What code are you using to use your potion?

And to everyone else: being this is the first release with all the new quick button stuff, a lot of this is still in testing. I tested as much as I could, and now it's up to everyone to submit feedback and any bugs that may still exist :)

Cheers!

Manxs 02-17-2010 08:04 AM

useitemonplayer MYSELF Dedicated Trauma Remedy
is this correct?

samejima 02-17-2010 03:13 PM

Quite a clever way you managed to save settings sir!

TalTal 02-17-2010 04:37 PM

Hey there.
I am trying to update Profit's click to cures in the raid window and getting an error. It shows Parent.Parent.Basic.member1.name.text not found. This is a valid path in the xml. Changing it to end with localtext instead of text does not work.

When I tried Drumsui to see if it was working with the current game update I had a similiar issue. In drumsui I get basic.name.localtext could not be found.

Have you verified that it is working on the current setup? I have DrumsUI 1.3 installed which I just downloaded from here.

Thanks for your time,
Silat

Drumstix42 02-17-2010 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manxs (Post 88295)
useitemonplayer MYSELF Dedicated Trauma Remedy
is this correct?

You'll wanna use:
Code:

use_itemvdl 855760996

Drumstix42 02-17-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TalTal (Post 88336)
Hey there.
I am trying to update Profit's click to cures in the raid window and getting an error. It shows Parent.Parent.Basic.member1.name.text not found. This is a valid path in the xml. Changing it to end with localtext instead of text does not work.

When I tried Drumsui to see if it was working with the current game update I had a similiar issue. In drumsui I get basic.name.localtext could not be found.

Have you verified that it is working on the current setup? I have DrumsUI 1.3 installed which I just downloaded from here.

Thanks for your time,
Silat

Lemme check everything with a clean install, but you need to setup your own abilities. Please read this topic:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13801

On first editing the quick buttin it "should" show the default commands. If it's show "Parent.Parent.blah blah" text, then I may need to tweak something.

Cheers

jugernaut 02-17-2010 06:40 PM

Tradeskill Interface a bit wonky

The issue with commissions (from the stand-alone UI piece) is still present.

And to add to the confusion, SoE apparently changed how the timers are called in XML. Instead of seeing "Time Remaining: " and a countdown, I only see: "[DEVL]Time Left 01:10:30".

Probably not a quick fix, but if you would be so kind as to add it to your list. :-)

Manxs 02-17-2010 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 88341)
You'll wanna use:
Code:

use_itemvdl 855760996

cool thanks. Now can you tell me how to get the item number? so i can snag the ones for the new potions

Drumstix42 02-17-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jugernaut (Post 88344)
The issue with commissions (from the stand-alone UI piece) is still present.

And to add to the confusion, SoE apparently changed how the timers are called in XML. Instead of seeing "Time Remaining: " and a countdown, I only see: "[DEVL]Time Left 01:10:30".

Probably not a quick fix, but if you would be so kind as to add it to your list. :-)

I'll check this out, thanks for the info!

@ Manxs:

Turn your logging on and link the item in chat. Then go to your log file:

Quote:

(1266452844)[Wed Feb 17 19:27:24 2010] Logging to 'logs/Blackburrow/eq2log_Drumstixx.txt' is now *ON*
(1266452852)[Wed Feb 17 19:27:32 2010] You say, "\aITEM 855760996 -149127685:Dedicated Trauma Remedy\/a"
The the first number (in orange) is the item ID.

Cheers!

kaelyna101 02-17-2010 08:24 PM

DrumsUI & EQ2MAPs updater

(sidenote) totally love this UI, Thanks for the quick updates!!)
when I run the autoupdater
UIPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\ui\DrumsUI\
Downloading Manifest Retreaved
Scanning EQ2MAP files for updates.
653 file(s) found needing updates.
Downloading updated file(s)

Then I get a (Not Responding). Please advise. Scan will not start, when I remove the EQMap folder out of DrumsUI it updates fine but then I dont have your awesome UI in game. I would love to have both working together as it was before the expan.

Manxs 02-17-2010 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 88346)
I'll check this out, thanks for the info!

@ Manxs:

Turn your logging on and link the item in chat. Then go to your log file:

The the first number (in orange) is the item ID.

Cheers!

WHOOOT now one last question how do you get the ID for the spells :-) trying to set up my quick cast cures and can get it to work on one type but not the second

Drumstix42 02-17-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaelyna101 (Post 88350)
(sidenote) totally love this UI, Thanks for the quick updates!!)
when I run the autoupdater
UIPath: C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\EverQuest II\ui\DrumsUI\
Downloading Manifest Retreaved
Scanning EQ2MAP files for updates.
653 file(s) found needing updates.
Downloading updated file(s)

Then I get a (Not Responding). Please advise. Scan will not start, when I remove the EQMap folder out of DrumsUI it updates fine but then I dont have your awesome UI in game. I would love to have both working together as it was before the expan.

Is anyone else having this problem? I installed this on a new computer today, and then ran the EQ2map updater and it ran without a hitch.

So, I'm not too sure why it would feed back that error :confused:
Maybe you're old, original EQ2 map installation is up-to-date already so it doesn't give you that error. Not sure...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manxs (Post 88351)
WHOOOT now one last question how do you get the ID for the spells :-) trying to set up my quick cast cures and can get it to work on one type but not the second

For abilities it's a more lengthy process:

1. Put your ability on a hotbar (preferably the first hotbar on the first slot to find it quicker....)
2. Type this: /savehotkeys MyHotkeys.txt
3. Find MyHotkeys.txt in your EverQuest II installation directory and open it up

It lists your hotkeys by bar number and hotkey number (0 is the first key, 11 is the last one)

For example this spell ID is Unholy Blessing VI in the first hotbar in the first hotkey:
Quote:

0 0 spell 4057210147 20709845 3655337140
I've created a sticky topic on how to get Item and Spell ID's here:
http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=13831

For AA spells (or any spell) you can just use the spell name to cast. If there are apostrophe's, you'll wanna use the spell ID, or you'll have to restart the game for the click button to work.

desertyeti 02-18-2010 12:29 AM

Love the ui, but I'm having a problem with my hotbars not moving. I've been able to resize and stretch, but for some reason it won't give me the crosshairs to move them. I can move every other window UI element so far, just not the hotbars.

Drumstix42 02-18-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desertyeti (Post 88369)
Love the ui, but I'm having a problem with my hotbars not moving. I've been able to resize and stretch, but for some reason it won't give me the crosshairs to move them. I can move every other window UI element so far, just not the hotbars.

Enable the spinners for each of the hotbars. The easiest way to move them is by clicking and dragging on the bank number.

Cheers!

desertyeti 02-18-2010 01:04 AM

Got it. Thanx.

Drumstix42 02-18-2010 01:12 AM

** IMPORTANT

I managed to leave out a file on the 1.3 zip file!!! :o :o
It is the reason the edit buttons are showing the "Parent.Parent.Parent..." code.
A fix is incoming soon.

You won't lose what you tried to save already!
Sorry for the troubles all :)

Zip being uploaded soon.

*edit* zip uploaded.

Drumstix42 02-18-2010 06:03 AM

New release: Version 1.4

Update Log:
v1.4 - 2010.02.18
- Update: Previous zip was missing file /DrumsUI/Settings/DrumsUI_TextSettings.xml
- Update: Alternate group window With Pets is updated to new code
- Fix: Group quick buttons/cures now properly load and function
- Fix: Self cure & Group/Raid now load default settings correctly
- Fix: When editing a quick button, you can no longer close either of the custom settings window (code limitation prevention). You must first finish editing your quick button
- Note: EQ2's raid window is currently bugged, and raid quick buttons and cures are not working (cannot retrieve raid window's player names properly)

Before updating, save your /POI/drumsui_textsettings.xml to backup your Quick Button settings!
(If you had any saved from 1.3)

Note: EQ2's raid window is currently bugged, and raid quick buttons and cures are not working (cannot retrieve raid window's player names properly)

Manxs 02-18-2010 10:40 AM

You newest version is not showing up in the downloads section. When i click to show the listing of all your pieces Version 1.4 is showing as pending (been like this for about 3 hours now)

gm9 02-18-2010 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manxs (Post 88396)
You newest version is not showing up in the downloads section. When i click to show the listing of all your pieces Version 1.4 is showing as pending (been like this for about 3 hours now)

Patience, young padawan. We need to make sure uncle Drumstix didn't put anything bad in it before releasing the file to the masses. Your download has now been approved. ;)

Manxs 02-18-2010 12:47 PM

sorry new to this whole Custom UI thing. But i blame you GM9 you got me hooked with profit and i infected my wife who is now hooked on Drums :D and i am getting asked frequently when i can get her UI fixed :cool:

And NO i do not want to buy a used car

MagusOfAtlan 02-18-2010 02:58 PM

Hey - DrumsUI - have a comment and a question for you:

1. Love the tradeskill window mod! Space-saving, and the buttons work far better than the norm!

2. Question: A while back I attempted to modify it to show a second icon (and succeeded in showing one) that when hovered over would display the Examine window for the finished product. (The existing icon in the list shows the Examine window for the crafting spell, so you see the parts and such.)

You're far more familiar with the interface than I, any idea if that can be added? It's a real pain as a crafter trying to see what the heck you'll be making if you are searching through a bunch of items in the craft list...

P.S. I'll repeat that I love the Tradeskills window even without the above!

Xzerius 02-18-2010 04:58 PM

Quest Journal

I Don't want to use a full UI of anyone's. I generally pick certain pieces that I like and most of them seem to be from Drums. My problem since the expac release is that I get error boxes for EVERY quest update due to incompatiblity with my quest journal and I do not have a quest helper window now. Any fixes for JUST the quest journal any time soon or does anyone know how I can default my quest journal to the lame game one?

Drumstix42 02-18-2010 05:03 PM

Hehe thanks gm9.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagusOfAtlan (Post 88413)
Hey - DrumsUI - have a comment and a question for you:

1. Love the tradeskill window mod! Space-saving, and the buttons work far better than the norm!

2. Question: A while back I attempted to modify it to show a second icon (and succeeded in showing one) that when hovered over would display the Examine window for the finished product. (The existing icon in the list shows the Examine window for the crafting spell, so you see the parts and such.)

You're far more familiar with the interface than I, any idea if that can be added? It's a real pain as a crafter trying to see what the heck you'll be making if you are searching through a bunch of items in the craft list...

P.S. I'll repeat that I love the Tradeskills window even without the above!

Do you mean during the creation process or before? Because the 4 little icons that show while tradeskilling should be able to be hover'd over to show what they make (namely the last one).

Lemme know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xzerius (Post 88427)
I Don't want to use a full UI of anyone's. I generally pick certain pieces that I like and most of them seem to be from Drums. My problem since the expac release is that I get error boxes for EVERY quest update due to incompatiblity with my quest journal and I do not have a quest helper window now. Any fixes for JUST the quest journal any time soon or does anyone know how I can default my quest journal to the lame game one?

I wanted to make sure my main UI was working and then found some bugs and needed to update it again.

I will indeed by updating every single one of my individual, independent pieces to be working fully with Sentinel's Fate and GU#55.

chriswebstar 02-18-2010 05:38 PM

Since the last update to the stats bar, how does one configure what stats are to be shown? It doesn't seem to like my .txt file from previous versions.

MagusOfAtlan 02-18-2010 05:42 PM

Beforehand. I'm speaking of the listbox of recipes you *can* make, before starting one. It currently has a single icon on the left side of each item in the list. When hovered over, it displays the craft info. If you right-click and choose examine, a new window appears. On that window you can then hover (or click) on the icon of the item to view the Examine window of the final crafted product.

I'd like to skip the right-click, click on examine, waste screen space on a window, and click again. Instead I'd like the listbox to just have two icons (or the word View or whatever) that you can hover over to see the final product Examine window.

Example: I was trying to quickly find a list of adornments that would fit on different slots last night. My screen turned into a ton of windows because I had to examine, then click again to bring up another window. It was nuts. Being able to slowly move down the list of items and just view those final examine windows would be super fast.

(Of course, power-searching for items would be even better, but I recognize what that would take, and doubt we have the API hooks to do it.)

Drumstix42 02-18-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chriswebstar (Post 88432)
Since the last update to the stats bar, how does one configure what stats are to be shown? It doesn't seem to like my .txt file from previous versions.

The stat bar is no longer configurable from the TXT file. There's an options button in-game when hovering the bar, and you pick and choose which stats to show from in-game.

Cheers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagusOfAtlan (Post 88434)
Example: I was trying to quickly find a list of adornments that would fit on different slots last night. My screen turned into a ton of windows because I had to examine, then click again to bring up another window. It was nuts. Being able to slowly move down the list of items and just view those final examine windows would be super fast.

Alrighty, I'll see what I can do. If you said you did it once in the past? Then it should still be doable :)

chriswebstar 02-18-2010 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 88437)
The stat bar is no longer configurable from the TXT file. There's an options button in-game when hovering the bar, and you pick and choose which stats to show from in-game.

I'm liking your UI bits more and more, sir.

Tenal 02-19-2010 11:15 AM

Maintained spells window issue

Nice work on the UI, I just installed it last night and I am likeing it so far. I have a problem with the maintained spells window though. It shows the countdown on spells but it doesn't show the overlay of what the spell is and who it is on. It there some option I need to choose or some additional file I need to put somewhere?

Also, any chance you could add Tradeskill and Guild XP bars to the persona window like RickF7666 Persona Window? That was my favorite persona window ever made and I am sad it hasn't been updated.

Keep up the good work and I hope to see constant improvements!

MagusOfAtlan 02-19-2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 88437)
Alrighty, I'll see what I can do. If you said you did it once in the past? Then it should still be doable :)

I succeeded in adding a second icon to every item in the listbox. I failed to make it work where you could hover the mouse over the icon to display the examine window. It was just a dead icon.

I really wish their listboxes weren't pretty much a single command. It'd have worked better to have an xml tag with sub-tags for each column in each row.

Or if they do, I just don't know enough about their xml scheme.

But hey, if you find a way to do it I think you'll make a lot of crafters happy!

Valdacil 02-19-2010 01:01 PM

Thanks for adding the pet health to the Alt group window; now I can see my wife's pet when we group our necros :)

I noticed that the tradeskill window is showing [DEVL] Time Left 1:10:30 in all the spaces that normally count down the Rush Order time. The 1:10:30 time never changes, but the quest helper shows the countdown properly. This has only occured since the last GU.

Qupe 02-19-2010 04:26 PM

Downloaded the newest version of the interface and now it seems I can't close the "Self Cure Settings" window. I don't use every single piece of your UI and I generally understand what I need to add to the eq2ui_custom file, if the reason it won't close is due to a mistake I have made I'm not sure what I did.

These are the four lines I added to my custom file:
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_PlayerCureWindow.xml</include>
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_TextSettings.xml</include>
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_ClickButtonSettings.xml</include>
<include>Settings/DrumsUI_PartyClickWindow.xml</include>

The "DrumsUI" before the settings for the file location isn't needed since I import them into the settings file for my interface. Would also like to mention that the window worked normally before I updated and added the textsettings.xml file/included it in the eq2ui_custom file.

EDIT: Hmm, I had added the eq2ui_popup_houseitems/rewardpack with the new pieces I usually use. Got rid of those two files and the window acts normally now. Also, is it possible to have the group window without the Quick Casting options (basically, the functionality of the standalone piece available for download).