EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   ProfitUI (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Profit UI UPDATER (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9139)

Vanyari 09-21-2007 07:44 AM

The folder issue was the problem I was having. I re-extracted and this time made sure it kept the sub-folders intact and after that it worked like a champ. Thanks for all your work on this Kaldran!

Denuve 09-21-2007 10:24 AM

Application files not found or broken. Please reinstall this updater!

The files are in their folders as directed.

\My Documents\Downloads\ProfitUI_Reborn_Updater
config folder
lib folder
updater jar file
license file
readme file

What am I doing wrong? The new java is installed as well.

Kaldran 09-21-2007 10:48 AM

Make sure you actually have the correct files in that subfolders I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Denuve 09-21-2007 11:02 AM

They are extracted correctly.

Denuve 09-21-2007 11:09 AM

Ok. Apparently, if you cursor over start/documents/downloads/Updater folder and then click .jar, it wont work.

Opening the actual extracted Updater folder and clicking the .jar worked.

Just FYI

Dechau 09-22-2007 04:41 AM

Would it be possible to put an icon on my desktop for this auto updater ?
I got it to work finally, but now I have to go and do the: run > cdm >> Ect ect. process every time I want to run this ?

Anyone got an idea on how to make it a little more easy for me ?

gm9 09-22-2007 05:16 AM

Does just linking the .jar file not work for you?

Once Kaldran gets back tomorrow we will have to release a revised version of the updater anyway and I will include a shortcut that you can copy on your desktop.

jonathn2875 09-22-2007 07:46 AM

I really like the idea of this, but my big issues is it doesnt have the ability to deselect files you do not want updated. Other then that looks pretty nice.\

Heheh on a side note, it would be awesome for us Vista users to turn this in to a sidebar gadget that informs us when new updates are posted

gm9 09-22-2007 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathn2875 (Post 62937)
I really like the idea of this, but my big issues is it doesnt have the ability to deselect files you do not want updated.

But it does, please check the FAQ.

Misb 09-22-2007 10:57 PM

still no luck

I've tried everything on the desktop to get the program to work. I've downloaded the file and tried (deleted and started again in the main HD)
I run a partitioned drive with windows in the main and EQ in the 2nd drive. I've tried to put the updated in both drives I'm runnign the current version of Java and get told nope~
Get told update service is not available at present! Please try again later. I've even went so far as to uninstall java and reinstall! It works on the laptop but not on the desktop! :(

Dechau 09-23-2007 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gm9 (Post 62934)
Does just linking the .jar file not work for you?

No, sadly..
The only way I can get this to run is by opening a command prompt (Or what ever the name is :confused: ) and type the address in it, but then it sure works like a charm :cool:

And I would like to add that, even thou its annoying to do it every time, it still saves me time to upgrade, a nice add 10/10 from me for sure.

numanoid 09-23-2007 04:22 AM

When ever i try and run the updater it starts up my Nokia Application installer

smiller2076 09-23-2007 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misb (Post 62966)
I've tried everything on the desktop to get the program to work. I've downloaded the file and tried (deleted and started again in the main HD)
I run a partitioned drive with windows in the main and EQ in the 2nd drive. I've tried to put the updated in both drives I'm runnign the current version of Java and get told nope~
Get told update service is not available at present! Please try again later. I've even went so far as to uninstall java and reinstall! It works on the laptop but not on the desktop! :(

I'm having the opposite issue; updater works fine on my desktop, laptop is FUBAR. I attempted to access http://updater.pala.de:443 like you mentioned, but I get the Cannot Display the Webpage error. I have nothing blocked, but I am running my connection through Wifi...not sure if that would cause the issue or not. BTW I have installed the latest version of Java.

Kaldran 09-23-2007 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misb (Post 62966)

Somehow java on your system is not allowed to communicate with web services. Please check all your security software for any missing permissions.

Kaldran 09-23-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dechau (Post 62969)
No, sadly..
The only way I can get this to run is by opening a command prompt (Or what ever the name is :confused: ) and type the address in it, but then it sure works like a charm :cool:

And I would like to add that, even thou its annoying to do it every time, it still saves me time to upgrade, a nice add 10/10 from me for sure.

I don't see them problem yet. Does doubleclicking the .jar file work for you? If that is not the case, please get your OS to open .jar files with javaw.exe
Generating a shortcut should work then. Please make sure the target is Updater.jar and the working directory is set to the directory containing updater.jar

Kaldran 09-23-2007 07:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by numanoid (Post 62972)
When ever i try and run the updater it starts up my Nokia Application installer

Please tell your OS to open .jar files with javaw.exe

Gecko 09-23-2007 11:27 AM

Having issues connecting to site

I read through all the posts, and I see that others have had the same problem I'm having. I get the error message:

Web service unavailable at this time. Please try later.

I understand what this is telling me... that somewhere on my end, the communication is getting blocked and it's not letting the info in or out. My question to you, and I know it's broad, but how do I fix that.

I have turned off my firewall, I have added both programs to the allowed list, I have checked my lan / wan / firewall settings on my router... I have checked all that I know.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Oh... and as always, great job on the UI. We do appreciate your work.

derekj54 09-23-2007 01:26 PM

i just installed profit and it looks cool and everything but i cannot type/chat, i press enter or / and the chat line at the bottom of my chat window flashes but im in able to start typing, clicking where the chat line is does nothing either. any ideas?

Othesus 09-23-2007 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by derekj54 (Post 62994)
i just installed profit and it looks cool and everything but i cannot type/chat, i press enter or / and the chat line at the bottom of my chat window flashes but im in able to start typing, clicking where the chat line is does nothing either. any ideas?

http://www.eq2interface.com/portal.p...a=faq&faqid=12

derekj54 09-23-2007 01:34 PM

i love you

Aeromier 09-23-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Escaav (Post 62796)
I have Java 1.6. I click the file. Nothing happens. It says the service is no longer available. Any ideas?

Try re-installing JRE....mine works fine.

Aeromier 09-23-2007 03:06 PM

Kudos

Great job on the Auto-Updater....mine works great. Great job on the UI too :)

v3l0ct 09-24-2007 06:05 AM

Autoupdater works but...

I just ran it this morning and it updated to the newer version. It overwrote files that appear in the "files to ignore" section. I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Allow user to select files to ignore (and properly ignore those)
2. Instead of launching EQ2 directly, maybe have the choice to launch EQ2Maps.

gm9 09-24-2007 07:08 AM

See here:
Quote:

Originally Posted by UpdaterChangelog
Removed ignores for user editable files, since there were issues with first time installations. Please check and update your ignored files if you do not want the updater to overwrite your settings

On the second point the other option is to just run eq2map updater first and tell it to run the ProfitUI updater...

MethX 09-24-2007 03:47 PM

Here something different

OK I have read this forum Back to front and back again.

My Girlfriend computer on the same network and ISP can us the update just fine.

But, I have tried everything I now reinstalled JRE to the lastest version.
Redownload the updater and unzip it with winrar and winzip.
The dir are correct.

There is NO reseaon for it not to work.
I get the service is temperaly not avaible try again later, this was at the sametime and after my girlfriend just finished the update ....

Please help me I not firewall and DMZ no port are block.
It not my ISP becuase a computer on the same network can use it.
So there something wrong somewhere.

Thnxs,

Bahal 69sk Kithicor

:nana: Best UI ever Profit ROCKS :nana: