EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2MAP (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   [Beta] MapperLive v0.6.0 - Real Time Mapping, Multi-Language Support (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12958)

Drumstix42 10-05-2009 01:52 PM

Just wanted to say I used this to map out the Emperor's Athenaeum map.

Used it on Win7 while EQ2 was actively running. The map would not auto-update, as said above.
If I went an opened the log file phsyically in notepad, it would cause the Mapper to update, but my simpler work around was to just uncheck "Auto parse" and then re-check it to update my progress.

It crashed on me a few times, usually after setting a new layer. Not sure why, Win7 is kind of annoying when things crash as it has that window saying "Attempting to find solution" and I always hit cancel before I can copy over any crash details.
Not really a big issue cause all I had to do was re-open and I was back where I was, cause the log file is the where the good stuff is :P

Thanks for the work you've done :D

Btw, Inkscape crashed on me once or twice. The first time I lost an hour's work :( I learned to save often, as I have with other apps.

Xiane 10-05-2009 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumstix42 (Post 86398)
Just wanted to say I used this to map out the Emperor's Athenaeum map.

Used it on Win7 while EQ2 was actively running. The map would not auto-update, as said above.
If I went an opened the log file phsyically in notepad, it would cause the Mapper to update, but my simpler work around was to just uncheck "Auto parse" and then re-check it to update my progress.

It crashed on me a few times, usually after setting a new layer. Not sure why, Win7 is kind of annoying when things crash as it has that window saying "Attempting to find solution" and I always hit cancel before I can copy over any crash details.
Not really a big issue cause all I had to do was re-open and I was back where I was, cause the log file is the where the good stuff is :P

Thanks for the work you've done :D

Btw, Inkscape crashed on me once or twice. The first time I lost an hour's work :( I learned to save often, as I have with other apps.

I also noticed a problem with crashing when trying to start a new layer.

SaintPeter 10-05-2009 03:20 PM

I took another look at my code this weekend and I appear to have coded myself into a corner. I think I have fixes for the issues you're seeing, as well as implementing some of the requested features. I just need to dig myself out of a code hole before I can release those fixes to you.

I just don't understand how to write multi-threaded code in .NET. Curse you, "delegates"!

Landiin 10-05-2009 06:47 PM

oh the self corning.. yea I hate it myself.. I tell me self ever time I do it I'll always thing things through before instead of just going on the fly but yea , I've said that many times.. lol

lordebon 10-05-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 86414)
oh the self corning.. yea I hate it myself.. I tell me self ever time I do it I'll always thing things through before instead of just going on the fly but yea , I've said that many times.. lol

Self... corning?

That just sounds wrong. ;)

But yeah I've coded myself into a corner as well. It usually happens when I start out with a relatively simple idea and take shortcuts... but then later want to add a more complex feature that requires me to not have taken those shortcuts and then I end up rewriting everything.

SaintPeter 10-05-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 86417)
It usually happens when I start out with a relatively simple idea and take shortcuts... but then later want to add a more complex feature that requires me to not have taken those shortcuts and then I end up rewriting everything.

That is it exactly.

I've already done a major rewrite of my map data structures. The problem is my layers panels. The way I have them constructed they need to be updated by the auto-parse thread, which is separate from the main form thread. I had it working for a while, but when I was doing some rewrites I didn't test it as thoroughly as I ought to have, now it doesn't work for some cases of auto-parse. I realize I'm going to have to basically rewrite the whole class and I'm just not looking forward to it.

None the less, I shall attempt to carry on. I want to give a world class tool to support all you mappers.

Landiin 10-06-2009 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 86417)
Self... corning?

That just sounds wrong. ;)

ROFL; I should really stop posting on my iphone..

lordebon 10-06-2009 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Landiin (Post 86431)
ROFL; I should really stop posting on my iphone..

It's funniest when you read the entire post out of context. :D

Quote:

gm9 10-06-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lordebon (Post 86432)
It's funniest when you read the entire post out of context. :D

/thread

Still laughing... :)

brammator 11-02-2009 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Code:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Threading.ThreadStateException: Current thread must be set to single thread apartment (STA) mode before OLE calls can be made. Ensure that your Main function has STAThreadAttribute marked on it.
  at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data, Boolean copy, Int32 retryTimes, Int32 retryDelay)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Clipboard.SetDataObject(Object data)
  at MapperLive.MapperLiveErrors.Errors_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
MapperLive
    Assembly Version: 0.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.6.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/GAMES/MapperLive/MapperLive.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

win7, mapperlive 0.6.0, crashed right after "/em mapgroup 2." line (well, I kinda closed and reopened log to help ML catch up)

brammator 11-03-2009 03:19 AM

current workaround is to close ML before switching mapgroups, draw some lines and load ML again.

Oh, and can I suggest? Remove drop-down menus and add some buttons like 'open file' next to file location field; make settings for default width and color; when you export .jpg image, use same folder and same name as for .svg