EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   EQ2Map Troubleshooting (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Updater Error in Vista (EQ2Maps v 1.11 through 1.14 tested) (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9854)

Talyns 11-29-2007 03:03 AM

You might have to do something like this:

Code:

Dim RegPermission As New RegistryPermission(RegistryPermissionAccess.AllAccess, "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\EverQuest2.exe")
RegPermission.Assert()
Dim RegEQ2dir As Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey = Microsoft.Win32.Registry.LocalMachine.OpenSubKey("SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\EverQuest2.exe", False)
Dim PossibleEQ2dir As String = RegEQ2dir.GetValue("Path").ToString
RegPermission.RevertAssert()

But I'm not sure the syntax is perfect cause I'm used to the C languages :p

:edit: I would think that isn't needed if UAC is disabled and app is run as administrator but you never know..

jnils 11-29-2007 03:16 AM

Thanx , ill have a look at this :)

Landiin 11-29-2007 08:56 AM

It's not going to hurt to try that but;
The UAC shouldn't even be invoked if your just reading from the Registry. If the UAC is invoked it will just ask for permission to allow the application to read it or not.

jnils 11-29-2007 01:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
A new try, and i hope this is the final one :)

Changed the Registry code to handle a missing entry.
Probably is this caused by a faulty EQ2 install.

Please try a clean install again :P

Ripper-Joe 11-29-2007 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jnils (Post 67200)
Probably is this caused by a faulty EQ2 install.
Please try a clean install again :P

:eek: LOL I guess I had that coming to me.. :D <looks around for someone else to point the finger at, then settles on SOE> I guess I can blame the faulty install on SoE :confused: In any case, be it my fault, a faulty SoE install, or any number of other possible scenarios, I'm just thrilled I was able to help you narrow it down so you can put in some protective code to work around it.

I'm working (from home) right now but when I get a break I'll give the latest test file a go and let you know what I find. :)

Ripper-Joe 11-29-2007 02:14 PM

Wahoo!!! Jnils, that last installer did the trick!

On a clean install, the first time the updater is run (at least on my machine) it pops up a file tree and asks me to identify my EQ2 install directory. After browsing to my install directory and selecting the everquest executable, the updater takes over and begins the update process.

Well Done! I honestly can't thank you enough for taking the time to work with an end user like myself to isolate and resove an issue of this type. I hope the work you have done to help me through this issue will pay dividends with other users who have reported similar issues or have suffered in silence.

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. Otherwise, thanks again for everything!

jnils 11-29-2007 03:32 PM

Thanx :)

Im glad we finaly found the cause of this error.
There are not so many that had this problem 10-20 / 20.000+ so far :)
Somehow is not the registry set as it should :confused: , but now it works anyway :)

Thanx again for the help :nana:
Finaly i can sleep again :D

Ill update the Download section tomorrow.