EQ2Interface

EQ2Interface (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/index.php)
-   Beta (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   eXtremeUI AutoUpdate (https://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5702)

rcaryl 03-12-2006 08:42 AM

Health HUD Problem?

First, let me say that this UI is just awesome from a technical point-of-view. I say that as a veteran of 20 years in the software design and programming field, and as a user of XML for many purposes in my software. The job you've done with this is just great.

Now for my little bug report (and this may just turn out to be a description of what I lovingly refer to in my stuff as a "feature.")

Here goes: When toggled on, I am unable to move the "health HUD" window from its location at the central bottom of the screen. No movement cursor ever appears for this guy, no matter what I do.

Any suggestions?

rcaryl 03-12-2006 09:03 AM

Please disregard my previous post

/em rcaryl slaps his forehead in disgust! :eek:

I found out how to move the health HUD window not five minutes after making my previous post. Please disregard the bug part of the post, but my comments about the UI in general still stand.

Thanks!

wraithsguard 03-15-2006 04:04 PM

run time error

hello upon update i am getting a runtime error..then a prompt that extreme cp needs to shutdown . then it initializes an update/patch..and gets an patch failed message...

Frisco 03-15-2006 07:20 PM

Run time error

I two am Getting a run time eror :) :)

rice319 03-16-2006 07:30 AM

Can't put any thang in rang slot

I can not put any itom in the rang slot it just kicks my secondary and it go's there. Is there a fix for this

BornAgainst 03-16-2006 07:13 PM

if u got error on patching cp
download latest cp installer from here
http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3903

it will update your cp and will fix that problem patching error problem.
fixed mine

Landiin 03-17-2006 02:40 AM

wraithsguard & Frisco, Doing what BornAgainst posted should fix the issue you two are having.

rcaryl, Thanks for the complement:)

naokaji 03-18-2006 10:03 AM

only a small bug, if the exp bar is set to show the tradeskill exp it shows craftsman instead of provisioner, otherwise everything works great

audabon 04-02-2006 03:38 PM

Cant Get Window Back!!

the window with the bag toggle and the guild/aa/crafter adventure exp bars has dissappeared from my window i have gone into options to look up what key brings it back and nothing has worked.. any tricks to getting this window back? i have to raid in an hour!! :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Xathrax 04-04-2006 07:21 PM

Foreign Files

1 Attachment(s)
Why are all these files listed as foreign?
I put them in the zip file.

Thx for the great UI.

Landiin 04-05-2006 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xathrax
Why are all these files listed as foreign?
I put them in the zip file.

Thx for the great UI.

Because they are no longer part of the UI.

Landiin 04-05-2006 08:45 AM

This has long gone live, prob best if any one has questions to post in the released eXtreme post.

Landiin 04-05-2006 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naokaji
only a small bug, if the exp bar is set to show the tradeskill exp it shows craftsman instead of provisioner, otherwise everything works great

I have no control over what is displayed, thats all populated by SOE.

Landiin 04-05-2006 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by audabon
the window with the bag toggle and the guild/aa/crafter adventure exp bars has dissappeared from my window i have gone into options to look up what key brings it back and nothing has worked.. any tricks to getting this window back? i have to raid in an hour!! :( :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thats youe exp bar window, so if the shot cut key combo does make it visible I'ed have to guess its off screen. The only way I know to fix this is to reset ui settings in options, or delete your uisettings.ini file.

michsageman242 04-06-2006 04:46 PM

Ran out of System Resources

Keep getting this error: Ran out of System Resources when switching tabs in the control panel or trying to update. Nothing else is running including no virus software. Nothing shows up on Quick Login tab either and no help or debug window. Also does not change Eq2ui.ini file. Had to manually change still which needs to be noted somewhere for end user. Nice install package though. Love the control panel. Would be nice to have this availabe for all the UIs out there. Definately makes it far more easier for end user to instally everything properly. Have any plans on posting in forums or developers area???

Sage

michsageman242 04-06-2006 04:57 PM

Files not copied

Just tried to run UI after installing. Windows not showing up properly. I camped and checked the eXtreme folder. There is no mainhud or eq2ui xml files there. I added my own and all is well. Just thought you would like to know that these are not being copied with the file and the eq2ui.ini file is also not being copied letting EQ2 know eXtreme UI is to be used.

Sage

michsageman242 04-06-2006 05:03 PM

Another Error

Sorry to be a pest but now I cannot close CP. Posting this so it helps maybe in determining problem. When I click the X to close this is the error I get:

"Access violation at address 0040391C in module 'eXtremeUI_CP.exe. Read address 00000012."

I hit OK and window stays open. Have to close with ctrl-alt-del.

Sage

michsageman242 04-06-2006 05:27 PM

Not sure whats going on here

Well that did not fix it. I removed ui completely, reinstalled, and was able to update this time. Everything loaded correctly and the eq2ui file was changed when told to make default ui. Mainhud file is still missing however. Eq2ui.xml file was there but I had to copy over a mainhud file to get windows to appear correctly. I can now see quicklogin section but what does it do? I hit the play eq2 button or load with the alternate everquestII file but it still has me enter everything. What is the quick login???

Sage

Landiin 04-06-2006 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michsageman242
Sorry to be a pest but now I cannot close CP. Posting this so it helps maybe in determining problem. When I click the X to close this is the error I get:

"Access violation at address 0040391C in module 'eXtremeUI_CP.exe. Read address 00000012."

I hit OK and window stays open. Have to close with ctrl-alt-del.

Sage

When did you download the installer? This is a known issue in a earlier version but to my knowledge it was fixed in the current release. What is the version number of eXtremeUI_CP.exe, right click it and pick properties.

scygnus 04-17-2006 06:32 PM

/bug window

1 Attachment(s)
Reporting again about the UI bug with the /bug window's SEND REPORT button always being grayed out. I posted in the regular forum but I decided to report here through the Control Panels bug report function....sorry for hitting you twice with the same problem.

Anyhow, screenshot attached.

Dhirfrops.

Thanks again in advance for all your hard work and dedication, this is and will always be my favorite UI...WOOT!

BornAgainst 04-18-2006 09:28 PM

Trade Skill

Hey guys

Tradeskilling recipe panel seems bugged - cannot click the create button

hope ya can fix it quick

Landiin 04-18-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BornAgainst
Hey guys

Tradeskilling recipe panel seems bugged - cannot click the create button

hope ya can fix it quick

Might want to head over to The released forum and post your issue. I haven't had this trouble but that doesn't mean it's not there as I don't TS everyday. No one else has posted having trouble pressing create but it might be new. So head on over and post there and maybe someone else has had this issue.

BornAgainst 04-19-2006 04:20 AM

Hi Landiin
problem fixed

reinstalled cp and all run perfect again :)

smalecek 04-20-2006 09:09 AM

when i tried to close my Updater as instructed for last update i get an error message and doesn't allow me to close updater

Landiin 04-20-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smalecek
when i tried to close my Updater as instructed for last update i get an error message and doesn't allow me to close updater

Ok, maybe try running it again to see it it'll update then? If that don't work download the new one from the download section.