Uploading / Managing your Interface(s)
|How do I upload the custom interface I made?
Here are the most common steps to take when sending us your
will need to zip (not rar, ace, exe or anything else.) your custom interface
include the files that were modified. Interfaces that include default xml
and tga files will not be approved.
a readme.txt files with instructions on how to install your interface.
into Everquest and take a picture of your
interface. Then convert the picture to JPG or GIF format.
on our webpage click on the blue “downloads” button on the top right then select
the category that best fits your interface and click the upload icon. If
you made an entire interface using 90% of your own work
upload it to the complete
sets category. If you modified another author’s work upload it to the mix&match
category and include credits in the description.
the zipfile and the gif/jpg *do not use punctuation in the file names*
in a good description of your interface. Maybe even include a link to the
thread where you’re providing some support.
- Click the
submit button and wait until it’s approved. You can check the status of
your interfaces and update them using the “List/Edit My interfaces” link in the login block located on
the top right on the main page.
- Once your interface is approved please feel free to start a new thread in our released forum so members can discuss your interface.
Your submission will be deleted ** if ** :
- file upload is incomplete.
- missing zip file or file isn't zipped.
- missing gif/jpg
- uploaded to the wrong category. (example: if your skin is made up of others work you need to use the mix&match category. The complete skin category is for original work only)
- files that were not modified are included in the zip creating waste. Only submit the files you modified with no default files. If you include the default files in your zip your skin is sure to break soon. We wont host those!
- unknown exe's vbs's and other executable programs are included in the zip.
- Interface is larger then 6mb (should never be over 6mb) and you uploaded it in multiple parts.
We may or may not contact you if we decline your submission. If you ask us why your submission was declined we will most likely not remember why since we get over 50 submissions a day and have 4 different people working in this area. Just being honest.
|How large of a file can I upload?
|In our downloads database you can upload a zipfile as large as 6mb. The attached pictures 2mb each and do not count towards that 6mb for the zipfile. If you only include the files you have modified your interface zipfile should be well under 6mb.
|How do I update my custom interface in your database?
If you already have an interface in our downloads database
and wish to update the zipfile, jpg/gif or description you can click on the
link named “List/Edit My Interfaces” on the main page of www.eq2interface.com
in the top menu block (after you have logged in).
Once you click the link you will see a list of interfaces
you have in our downloads database and the far right column will be “Author
options” and a edit icon for each interface you have.
When you click on the edit icon you will be brought to a
screen where you can update your files or the description. This works similar
to the upload screen when you first submitted your files.
If you choose to update your zipfile & gif/jpg your
interface will be put back in the queue for a moderator/admin to approve again.
This is done for security reasons as the file moderators check all files before
they are approved. So after you update your files they will not be available to
anyone until a moderator/admin approves them.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 AM.