September 8, 2019
June 22, 2019
- Maintained Effects Large and normal versions have been combined into one. All icon and font size ranges from both versions can be obtained by resizing the icons in Window Manager. Also, efficiency has been improved to further combat the stuttering issue introduced by a recent game update
- Maintained Spell Monitor The Lite version of the DarqUI Maintained Spell Monitor has been improved to further combat the recent stuttering issue. A display bug involving timer labels has also been addressed. Remember to use the gear icon to select "Lite" before downloading
- Sept 9 Update Icon Bar tinting of Maintained effects is working again. Thanks Rosyposy and others for the heads-up
: DarqUI Unified Utility v18.104.22.168
Utility v22.214.171.124 includes the following changes:
- Added Transmute and Salvage buttons to Bag windows
- Added a separate Cancel Spellcast for cures to Group and Raid windows
- Increased icon size range for Maintained, Target, Implied, Spell Effects, Detrimentals
- Added larger font size increment to Maintained Spells window
- Level and class are now shown when selecting a character in the Login window
- Added automatic EQ2MAP Ignore List check when downloading DarqUI Add POI file
- Corrected a localization issue with gear buff macro definitions
- Added a reverse windowshade option to the Tradeskills event timer
- Quick Setup: Fixed a bug when the highest usable spell is an AA while also specifying full spell names
- Default POI files are not copied if user is using EQ2MAP, are added if user removes EQ2MAP, are removed on startup
- Repairing (or removing) EQ2MAP now also removes deprecated fog image files
Thanks to primamezzo
and several other players for ideas and testing on many of these new features and improvements
February 9, 2019
The Implied Target window can now be resized horizontally, similar to the Target
window. Choose normal or large size from the utility
You can use DarqUI on the Beta server by copying the utility to the EverQuest II\BetaServer\UI\
folder and running it from there. It will create a separate DarqUI installation that won't interfere with your UI on Live servers
You can now submit EQ2MAP Points of Interest (POI) directly to your Windows browser instead of copy-pasting from the in-game browser. Use the utility to download the new Add POI window. The DarqUI URL Helper
must be running in order to use the new feature
Also on the EQ2MAP page of the utility add eq2ui_popup_add_poi.xml
to the Ignore List so the EQ2MAP Updater won't overwrite the file.
December 27, 2018
One-Button Pet Pull
Controllable Pet, Warder and Construct classes can now choose their pet's protection states after returning from a one-button automatic pull. When the backoff timer expires, your pet can optionally
- Auto Assist (default off)
- Protect Me (default on)
- Protect Self (default on)
Thanks to SerenityMW
for the idea and for testing
December 21, 2018
The Login window has been returned to the UI with a tabbed character selection list similar to the Shutdown (Camp) window. It uses the same data, so no extra configuration is needed. If you prefer to log directly in to the game without using the Launchpad, you will have access to all of your characters once again.
Note: If you previously checked the Skip checkbox on the updater in order to use an older version, remember to uncheck it so you can get the new version.
Thanks to Firefae
for making the request, Suziekew and Rosyposy
December 19, 2018
DarqUI Unified Notifications v126.96.36.199
has been redesigned and offers two new features. In addition to checking periodically for DarqUI and EQ2MAP updates, v188.8.131.52 offers the new URL Helper
which opens Web links in your Windows browser
instead of the in-game browser.
Using the helper also gives you access to an in-game command to invoke Fullscreen Windowed Mode
. This mode improves the experience of opening your Windows browser while playing, without reducing the game size as in standard windowed mode.
Thanks to Armageddoux
for inspiring the URL Helper feature in this thread
, and for help with testing. The notifier app is included in the download on this page. How to use the URL Helper
DarqUI Unified Utility v184.108.40.206
Utility version 220.127.116.11 is a minor maintenance update that fixes two bugs in the Inventory module. If you are not having trouble with Inventory, then you can continue using v18.104.22.168. Inventory now displays correctly for:
* Characters that do not have any houses or house layouts
* Characters wearing Chaos Descending gear that has new icons
Thanks to SerenityMW
for reporting these errors and testing the fixes
December 13, 2018
Mount and Familiar Presets
Community (Friends List)
- Save up to three mounts and three familiars as favorites and recast from convenient preset buttons on the Character window. Inspired by a request from SerenityMW and recent threads here and here on the subject. Thanks to SerenityMW and Rosyposy for tireless testing and feedback (on five beta versions!)
- The Community window no longer interferes with chat window operation (SerenityMW)
- Celestial and Dauntless remedy potions are now self-cure choices (SerenityMW)
December 4, 2018
- Normal and Large size target windows have been updated to include the new horizontal resizing default feature (image)
- Configurable sounds have been added to the new group and raid /countdown command. This is an experimental mod, so it's not on the DarqUI updater. Unzip and drop the file below into your custom UI folder if you want to try it out. Sound variables are near the bottom of the file if you want to change the sounds. You can configure a separate sound for each of the five seconds and the "Begin!" display, as well as turn on/off the feature.
November 13, 2018: Chaos Descending
A new version of DarqUI is available. Version 22.214.171.124 includes the following new features and improvements:
Utility v126.96.36.199 adds broker log support for non-US clients. If you are not having trouble displaying broker logs, then you can continue using v188.8.131.52. Thanks to saw-lau for reporting the bug
Shutdown (Camp) Window
- Rearrange the order of account tabs using the Nickname field. See the help file for instructions
Thanks to Hiza for the suggestion
- Display a summary of interesting broker sales metrics for each character: total receipts, most popular item, biggest spender and more
- Drill down to view and sort individual purchases and sales in a spreadsheet format
- Use the sales grid to calculate additional data such as average price paid for an item
- Parse character's entire history or narrow the results for today, current week, past 12 months, etc.
Thanks to Suziekew for the idea. Thanks to Suziekew and Rosyposy for their very detailed testing and feedback
Visit the DarqUI Portal Page
for previous feature updates and tutorials
DarqUI Unified combines the best of DarqUI, DarqUI Live and EQ2Inventory into one, with some useful new features. Standard DarqUI users
can now choose to make quick, permanent configuration changes right from the game screen while playing, as an alternative to loading up the external window utility. There is no longer a limit to the number of characters that can be customized, and many of the settings that were previously shared by all of your characters can now be configured for each character separately.
DarqUI Live users
can take advantage of an all-new configuration app with features like Quick Setup, backup and restore, character and spell file maintenance, and a new lookup feature
that queries Daybreak servers for spell lines and icons to use for your spell buttons. The DarqUI Unified configuration app has been rewritten from the ground up to provide all of the conveniences from the DarqUI Window Utility and the Live Updater. You will find many usability improvements and an uncluttered design that matches the familiar in-game window manager.
Large size windows
DarqUI Unified offers larger-size versions of many windows to accommodate higher resolution monitors. Choose the size you prefer from the Updates page of the utility. These include Active Journal (quest helper), Casting Bar, Chat, Dissonance, Examine, Experience Bar, Group, Implied Target, Maintained Spell Monitor, Maintained Spells, Mercenary, NPC Spell Monitor, Pet, Player, Raid, Savagery, Target, Threat and Tracking. DarqUI windows that were already usable with higher resolutions include Detrimental Effects, Gear Buff Macros, Hotbars, Icon Bar and Spell Effects.
Track and search equipment, bags, bank, shared bank, house vault, Wardrobe contents, mount and Familiar collections and up to 9 houses, guild hall and player-made dungeons per character from the DarqUI Unified interface.
Display a summary of interesting broker sales metrics for each character: total receipts, most popular item, biggest spender and more. Use the sales grid to calculate additional data such as average price paid for an item. Parse results for today, current week, past 12 months, etc.
Chat Log Parser
features keyword, category and date/time searches that recognize English, German and French log files. Use the preset category filters or build your own using regular expressions.
Install and update the official EQ2MAP alongside DarqUI with a single click.
Help files are now available for all DarqUI Unified windows and utility functions. Context-sensitive help information can be accessed externally from the window utility or from the window manager in-game. Use the new, more robust "Make default" feature on the Files page of the utility to set DarqUI as your default. This will prevent needing to use /loadui from the game window which crashes the awesomium browser.
There is a new French spell suggestion file in addition to German and English.
DarqUI Unified Notifications
is a Windows tray icon that checks periodically for DarqUI and EQ2MAP updates. More information for setting up and using DarqUI_Notify can be found here
. The app is optional, and is included in the download on this page.
Visit these links for more information:
DarqUI Unified Features