Quantcast
EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads


Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Pieces > Journal (Quest)

Category: Journal (Quest)[DrumsUI] Journal
Interface Information
Download
Drumstix42's Portal Bug Reports Feature Requests
How do I install this? (FAQ)
Name: [DrumsUI] Journal   Popular!
Author:
Date: 07-23-2013 07:42 AM
Size: 13.04 Kb
Version: 2013.07.23
Rate Addon: 5 out of 5 with 8 votes  
Patch & Add-on List
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
Type
1.0
2.35 Kb
03-05-2018 09:24 PM
Patch
1.0
11.90 Kb
01-25-2015 04:06 PM
Patch
2013.07.23
336.08 Kb
07-23-2013 07:41 AM
Addon
Pictures
Click to enlarge 

Views: 0
Size: 201.39 Kb
Dimensions: 711 x 407
In-game screenshot
 
Click to enlarge 

Views: 0
Size: 13.04 Kb
Dimensions: 269 x 140
 
Description
Game Update #67 Compatible



Description:
This mod eliminates a lot of the default journal's unneeded extra space and comes with a slim border. Overlay buttons appear on the Active, Completed, and Group tabs to look-up quests at EQ2i and ZAM. They appear when you mouse over the window.

Now included also is the Active Quest window, which also has overlay buttons when you mouse over the window.


Installation Notes:
- How To: Install A Custom UI
- eq2ui_journals_quest.xml goes in your CustomUI folder.
- eq2ui_journals_active.xml goes in your CustomUI folder.


Update Log:
2013.07.23
Journal window updated with new Daily Mission tab. Active Quest window also updated. Click the icon next to the Daily Objective to hide/show the quest details.


2013.05.06
- Quick fix for Collection tab bug.
2013.04.30
- New Daily Objectives tab (GU66). Toggle quest helper checkbox is now clickable.
2012.07.24
- Active Quest window now has Quest Bauble icon button.
2011.02.25
- "Show on loot" checkbox added to collection tab (Velious update).
2010.12.16
- Collection look-up buttons will no longer cover text on some collections
- Quest look-up buttons on the Completed tab should work again

2010.11.28
- Collection look-up buttons added (credit to DiggityMan)
2010.08.29
- Missing icons in Achievements tab of Journal should be back to normal.
2010.08.18
- Minor update for GU57
2010.06.24
- The Storyline tab should no longer be displaying placeholder/incorrect text.
2010.05.02
- Pre-updated for GU#56 and Storyline feature (ready for download now!)
- Checkbox on Completed quest tab should no longer overlaps the Share quest button

2010.02.25
- Updated for Sentinel's Fate
- Active Quest journal now has a scrollbar, and the font has been maintained to look like the pre-SF text

2009.09.23
- Updated for GU#53 (Achievement tabs and re-designed)
- Mouse-over buttons updated for ZAM
- InfoCenter tabs are now a separate add-on/download

2008.12.2
- Now includes Collection Sorting added in Special Holiday patch
2008.12.01
- Updated for GU #50
2008.10.05
- Fixed Active Quest window buttons (type-o in URL)
2008.09.12
- Now includes active quest helper with EQ2i and Allakhazam buttons
- Active, Completed, and Group tabs now include hover-over buttons to look up quests via in-game browser on EQ2i and Allakhazam

2008.08.07
- text files updates (cleaner HQ's, other minor changes)
2008.07.29
- Window now equiped with writ, quest, and epic tab, ported from the Info Center
- other small cosmetic tweaks

2008.04.04
- Fixed titlebar issues when changing window settings
2007.12.14
- "Hide Completed Collections" checkbox added (GU41)
2007.11.02
- Initial Release
Archive List (Old Versions)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
2013.05.06
13.02 Kb
Drumstix42
05-06-2013 05:32 AM
File Statistics
User Rating:
5 out of 5 with 8 votes
Downloads: 15653
Views: 112503
Favorites: 110
Uploaded By:
 
Last Modified: N/A

View Pictures. Download Now! Post A Comment


Post A Reply
Author Comments Comment Options
Unread 12-20-2007, 11:50 AM  
Thundergulch
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Horiz Journal

for the love of God,
THANK YOU!
Thundergulch is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2008, 04:43 PM  
Lord Kronk
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 1
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Cannot get the quests to work

I followed the steps listed by adding the command line, but I still cannot see the writs/quests/epic tabs, they display only 1 line of info "Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.Includes.____.text" where the ___ is whatever quest I click on, ie paladin epic or whatever.
Lord Kronk is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2008, 06:51 PM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Re: Cannot get the quests to work

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kronk
I followed the steps listed by adding the command line, but I still cannot see the writs/quests/epic tabs, they display only 1 line of info "Parent.Parent.Parent.Custom.Includes.____.text" where the ___ is whatever quest I click on, ie paladin epic or whatever.
Assure that all the files that come in the zip inside the InfoCenter folder are properly there.

I tried this mod by itself in a fresh UI folder to make sure that it works.
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 12:12 AM  
Lord Kronk
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 1
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Cannot get the quests to work

Quote:
Originally posted by Drumstix42
Assure that all the files that come in the zip inside the InfoCenter folder are properly there.

I tried this mod by itself in a fresh UI folder to make sure that it works.
Everything seems to be in place, the "InfoCenter" file is in my NewUI folder. The UI seems to work, however those tabs aren't showing anything other than what I listed before...

I have 2 files listed as "eq2ui_custom_optional.xml" and "eq2ui_custom.xml". the line of text inside both shows that I placed the <include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>, but does it matter where it was put into the text?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false" />
<include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>
Lord Kronk is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2008, 12:54 AM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Re: Re: Re: Cannot get the quests to work

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Kronk
Everything seems to be in place, the "InfoCenter" file is in my NewUI folder. The UI seems to work, however those tabs aren't showing anything other than what I listed before...

I have 2 files listed as "eq2ui_custom_optional.xml" and "eq2ui_custom.xml". the line of text inside both shows that I placed the <include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>, but does it matter where it was put into the text?

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false" />
<include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>

The "eq2ui_custom_optional.xml" is a file that is to be renamed as shown above in my "Extra Install notes".

If you don't have any other "includes", you can use the file I supplied.
The file should end up looking like this otherwise:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>InfoCenter/includes.xml</include>
</Page>
Good luck! Hope you get it working.
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM  
Linadina
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Forum posts: 20
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
Tabs not working

My Journal tabs did not work at all. I found that you must use the "includes" file from the Journal download, not the one from the InfoCenter, though at first glance they appear the same. I did that and the tabs now work properly. Hope that helps.

Dave

Last edited by Linadina : 08-07-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Linadina is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 03:51 PM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Re: Tabs not working

Quote:
Originally posted by Linadina
My Journal tabs did not work at all. I found that you must use the "includes" file from the Journal download, not the one from the InfoCenter, though at first glance they appear the same. I did that and the tabs now work properly. Hope that helps.

Dave
Huh? the files are included in the zip, and this is the journal download page. I'm not sure what problem you were having?
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 07:54 PM  
Linadina
A Crazed Gnoll

Server: Everfrost
Forum posts: 20
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
problem

Sorry for not being more clear. I downloaded both the InfoCenter and the Journal. I found that the "includes" was already there for the InfoCenter, so I did not use the one that came with the Journal. The tabs did not work until I used the "includes" that came with the Journal zip file. Thought maybe the other people might be having a similar problem. Mine work fine now. By the way, thanks for all the great work on the mods.

Dave
Linadina is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 08-07-2008, 08:03 PM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Re: problem

Quote:
Originally posted by Linadina
Sorry for not being more clear. I downloaded both the InfoCenter and the Journal. I found that the "includes" was already there for the InfoCenter, so I did not use the one that came with the Journal. The tabs did not work until I used the "includes" that came with the Journal zip file. Thought maybe the other people might be having a similar problem. Mine work fine now. By the way, thanks for all the great work on the mods.

Dave
Oh ok. Now I understand. Yes indeed! The journal comes with 3 slightly different XML files in the InfoCenter folder. So you need the files from both mods!

The reason for this is because each mod can be used separately, and this was the easiest way to make sure that they work separately if used in that manner.

Glad you have things working
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 08:54 AM  
MrSmite
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 4
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Prev / Next buttons don't appear

Greetings,

Thanks so much for your work on improving the EQ2 UI. I have a slight
problem with the eq2ui_journals_active.xml file however.

When I mouse-over the active quest window, the "previous" and "next" quest
buttons do not appear.

I see they are listed in the XML file and I believe it may be an issue with
the OpacityEffector:

Code:
    <OpacityEffector InitialOpacity="1.000" Name="FadeOutEffector" Speed="3.000" />
    <OpacityEffector Name="FadeInEffector" Speed="3.000" TargetOpacity="1.000" />
    <Page Name="ButtonPage" OnHideEffector="FadeOutEffector" OnShowEffector="FadeInEffector" Opacity="0.000" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="250,40" setvisible="true" Size="250,40" Visible="false">
        <Button Location="7,10" Name="LastButton" OnPress="questbrowser_prev" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="24,24" Size="24,24" Style="/ButtonStyles.tabscroll_right" />
        <Button Location="32,10" Name="NextButton" OnPress="questbrowser_next" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="24,24" Size="24,24" Style="/ButtonStyles.tabscroll_left" />
        <Dropdownbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="53,5" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="195,32" Name="LastUpdated" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" RowTemplate="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.dropdown_template" ScrollExtent="195,32" Size="195,32" Style="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.style" Tooltip=":1c09d827cbfba817:Last Updated Quests" />
    </Page>
I'm not familiar with using the UIBuilder to see what's going on and provide
a suggested fix.
MrSmite is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2008, 06:51 PM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Re: Prev / Next buttons don't appear

Quote:
Originally posted by MrSmite
Greetings,

Thanks so much for your work on improving the EQ2 UI. I have a slight
problem with the eq2ui_journals_active.xml file however.

When I mouse-over the active quest window, the "previous" and "next" quest
buttons do not appear.

I see they are listed in the XML file and I believe it may be an issue with
the OpacityEffector:

Code:
    <OpacityEffector InitialOpacity="1.000" Name="FadeOutEffector" Speed="3.000" />
    <OpacityEffector Name="FadeInEffector" Speed="3.000" TargetOpacity="1.000" />
    <Page Name="ButtonPage" OnHideEffector="FadeOutEffector" OnShowEffector="FadeInEffector" Opacity="0.000" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" ScrollExtent="250,40" setvisible="true" Size="250,40" Visible="false">
        <Button Location="7,10" Name="LastButton" OnPress="questbrowser_prev" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="24,24" Size="24,24" Style="/ButtonStyles.tabscroll_right" />
        <Button Location="32,10" Name="NextButton" OnPress="questbrowser_next" PackLocation="left,top" ScrollExtent="24,24" Size="24,24" Style="/ButtonStyles.tabscroll_left" />
        <Dropdownbox BackgroundOpacity="1.000" Location="53,5" MaximumSize="16384,32" MinimumSize="195,32" Name="LastUpdated" PackLocation="left,top" PackSize="absolute,fixed" RowTemplate="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.dropdown_template" ScrollExtent="195,32" Size="195,32" Style="/CommonElements.Dropdown.data.style" Tooltip=":1c09d827cbfba817:Last Updated Quests" />
    </Page>
I'm not familiar with using the UIBuilder to see what's going on and provide
a suggested fix.
For starters about the Active quest window, I think that the buttons need to be fixed, but to make sure you installed it right, make sure you have eq2ui_journals_active.xml in your custom ui folder.
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 04:18 AM  
MrSmite
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 4
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Prev / Next buttons don't appear

Quote:
Originally posted by Drumstix42
For starters about the Active quest window, I think that the buttons need to be fixed, but to make sure you installed it right, make sure you have eq2ui_journals_active.xml in your custom ui folder.
Yes, I do indeed have that file in my custom UI folder. In fact, I ended
up replacing it with an older version to get the buttons to show up on
mouse-over.

I'm not sure which archive the older version I have is from but the XML
header shows this:

Othesus Active Quest window with web search buttons 7/20/2007 GU36

I didn't compare the two XML files with the UIBuilder since I'm still trying to
wrap my head around how it works.

PS: I hope you don't take my post as disrespectful. Just trying to help out
where I can.
MrSmite is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2008, 06:00 AM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Re: Re: Re: Prev / Next buttons don't appear

Quote:
Originally posted by MrSmite
Yes, I do indeed have that file in my custom UI folder. In fact, I ended
up replacing it with an older version to get the buttons to show up on
mouse-over.

I'm not sure which archive the older version I have is from but the XML
header shows this:

Othesus Active Quest window with web search buttons 7/20/2007 GU36

I didn't compare the two XML files with the UIBuilder since I'm still trying to
wrap my head around how it works.

PS: I hope you don't take my post as disrespectful. Just trying to help out
where I can.
Will try to get things working correctly for the next zip I update. No prob
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 10:48 PM  
Banedor
A Coastal Crab

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
I've downloaded your Infocenter and Horizontal Quest Journal, it's working almost correctly for me.

I got it where it gives me all the quest info for every quest where the typed out details are revealed in the infocenter.

But my problem is, when I go to the journal and click one of my active quests and click both the alakazham and eq2i links, neither take me the quest, both links aren't working. It just brings up the browser window to the blank homepage.

Am I missing a file? I haven't seen anyone with this same problem so am curious where I went wrong.
Banedor is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2008, 11:53 PM  
Drumstix42
A Griffon
 
Drumstix42's Avatar
Featured Artist

Server: Antonia Bayle
Forum posts: 3287
File comments: 591
Uploads: 44
Quote:
Originally posted by Banedor
I've downloaded your Infocenter and Horizontal Quest Journal, it's working almost correctly for me.

I got it where it gives me all the quest info for every quest where the typed out details are revealed in the infocenter.

But my problem is, when I go to the journal and click one of my active quests and click both the alakazham and eq2i links, neither take me the quest, both links aren't working. It just brings up the browser window to the blank homepage.

Am I missing a file? I haven't seen anyone with this same problem so am curious where I went wrong.
Is this from a new download, or have you had the window for a long time?
There was a problem with the version previous to this (mid october) that had buttons that were incorrect. Make sure you have the latest files in your ui folder.

And let me know if you manage to get it working or not!
Drumstix42 is offline Report comment to moderator   Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
Post A Reply

 
Category Jump:
Search this Category:
 

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:49 AM.


Our Network
EQInterface | EQ2Interface | War.MMOUI | WoWInterface | VGInterface | LoTROInterface | MMOInterface