EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Interface Discussion > Released

Unread 10-29-2005, 02:35 AM
A Mist Grinnin
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Valdacil's Mods Discussion

I don't profess to be an expert by any means. However, sometimes I see a good mod and have ideas to make it better. Or sometimes a mod won't fit quite right in my interface, so I do a bit of editing till it does. Once I'm through w/ that hard work I share that with the rest of the community in case they might find it useful as well. If you'd like to discuss the mods I've created and posted you can do so here. If you have a problem with one, pls let me know here and I'll try to figure it out or get help from one of the big brains in the community to help. If you'd just like to post a positive comment that is always welcome as well.

- Valdacil

Valdacil's Tradeskill Window W/ Spell List, Provisioner's Cookbook, & Equipment Guide - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4058
Ver. 2.55 - 11/15/05

An alteration of Fetish Tradeskill to use the Fetish layout without the Fetish style thus no extra style sheets are needed. Also added Milquetowst's Provisioner Cookbook, my own Equipment Guide based on Milquetowst's info windows and a reformated Spell List based on Hirebrand's Reference Library: Spell Listing redone in the format of Milquetowst's windows.

Known Issues
----------------------
- Content on most pages in the equipment guide are still under construction.
- In the Spell List if you scoll right to the last tab then select any tab, the scroll
left button becomes greyed out and you are stuck on that page. Close the window
and reopen will reset the window.

Valdacil's Target/Implied Target/Stat Bar - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=3499
Ver. 3.0 - 03/24/05
Basically a merge and readjustment to Filidecht's Target Stat Bar and Fetish Target/Implied v2.5. I loved Filidecht's stat bar, but after a few patches the functionality continued to degrade, so after seeing Fetish v2.5 I set about merging the two projects. I did have to fix a lot of the code as pieces caused problems. From Filidecht's original bar I have expanded the window to 1280x100 to give space for Implied Target on the same bar. This caused a compression of the stats section slightly.

Known Issues
-----------------------
* Implied Target does not show ^^'s or color the name of the enemy in the con color. Target section does this properly.

Valdacil's Inventory w/ Stats (LU16 Compliant) - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4065
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Started with Refined Inv /w Stats by Armroth (04-09-2005) and updated the window to be LU16
compliant. Swapped Sony's default location of food at the bottom and charm slots on the top.

Known Issues
----------------------
- The default Sony border puts some weird dashes at the top. A very minor visual defect.

Valdacil XUINIX Persona - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4065
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Started with the LU16 default Persona window and edited the Factions tab using XUINIX
Persona Factions tab.

Known Issues
----------------------
- No Known Issues at this time.

Valdacil's Autosearch Store - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=3989
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Based upon Jaxal's store search button. I started with Sony's new blue Store window and
added the quick-search button. I also like the blue background for the sales log vs. the
black box over the blue background.

Known Issues
----------------------
- No known issues at this time.

Valdacil's Market - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4073
v1.05 - 11/13/05

Based upon Jaxal's market layout, I completely reskinned and rewrote the market window.
I liked the slimmer layout of Jaxal's Market, but I love the new blue interface so I started
with Sony's Market window and completely reformated it.

Known Issues
----------------------
- Searching for Secondary slot returns no results. This may be a back-end SOE problem.
Looking into it.

Valdacil's Journal - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4089
v1.10 - 11/15/05

I started with Milquetowst's Journal in most respects. However I liked Jaxal's setup for
the writ tab. So I combined the two. Then updated the entire thing with the Sony blue
interface.

Known Issues
----------------------
- On the Heritage tab if you scroll to the right and click any tab, the left tab scroll
becomes inactive. A solution is still being looked into for this problem.

Valdacil's Mortis Bank - http://www.eq2interface.com/download...php?s=&id=4088
v1.01 - 11/17/05

I started with Mortis Bank with the Toggle bank boxes button. All I altered this time around
is the blue background from Sony. I've been using Mortis bank for a long time and thus
no other edits were required.

Known Issues
----------------------
- No Known Issues at this time.

Last edited by Valdacil : 11-21-2005 at 02:44 PM.
Unread 11-04-2005, 10:13 PM
A Brown Bear

The Persona window is well done, save for a few issues. Forgive if I'm being obvious.

I hate, absolutely hate, the gold default tone, and I'm on an eternal quest to replace the background where I can. The Persona window you modded from Sir Taleisin is what I'm looking for, but the background remains defaulted, whereas your example has something else. I have something similar, my window_elements_background is modded, but it doesn't affect several windows. Anyway, was hoping to get a pointer or two as to what I could do to fix that. =D

The Options page is brilliant. But when I check a box, I cannot uncheck it. Wanted to let you know, as it appears I picked up this mod shortly after you posted it, heh.

Good work, I like the window already, and look forward to using it.
Unread 11-05-2005, 12:03 AM
A Mist Grinnin

The new Persona window is LU16 compliant and many of the features, including the background and Options page will not work until after LU16. These currently work on test, but won't work correctly on Live until after Nov 9th.
Unread 11-05-2005, 12:40 AM
A Brown Bear

Heh, thanks! Not played much recently, else I probably would have known that. But for your edification all the same, it looks good. =D
Unread 11-19-2005, 03:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question problem using thor ui

I am using the thor auto update ui and trying to add in your trade skill piece but all i am getting is black screens. i have done the testing as you sugested to fix but works fine with out. could you test and see if i am doing somthing wrong.
Unread 12-01-2005, 12:04 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Removed as Incorrect

Removed because of being Incorrect

Last edited by Pteroglyph : 12-01-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Unread 12-01-2005, 12:57 AM
Freeport Pizza Delivery
Featured

Server: Unrest

Hope I'm not intruding.
I noticed this reference to the ThorUI and thought I would try and assist with any questions regarding the Tradeskill mods use with the ThorUI.

Did you follow his instructions regarding the mainhud file?

Installation
----------------------
Uncompress all .xml files into your modded UI directory. Also extract milquitowst_info and
valdacil_info with the current directory structure into your modded UI directory. You must
also edit your eq2ui_mainhud.xml file to include the following lines. These lines must come
BEFORE the final </page> tag:

<include>eq2ui_mainhud_equipguide.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_cookbook.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_mainhud_spelllist.xml</include>

Note: The ThorUI AU doesn't modify the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file therefore you shouldn't have one in the thorui folder by default. With that said, you will need to copy the one in your EverQuest II\UI\Default folder to the ThorUI folder; then add the lines of code noted above.

Hope this resolves any questions concerning the ThorUI AU and the use of this mod.

I'd recommend including an already setup version of the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file for your users.

I went out of my way NOT to modify any main reference file (such as the eq2ui_mainhud.xml) as this would only cause issues with other mods that require those entries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracon
I am using the thor auto update ui and trying to add in your trade skill piece but all i am getting is black screens. i have done the testing as you sugested to fix but works fine with out. could you test and see if i am doing somthing wrong.
Forums

Got Guild?

"Always code as if the person who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live."

Last edited by Faetyl : 12-01-2005 at 12:59 AM.
Unread 12-01-2005, 11:33 AM
A Mist Grinnin

Thx for the great info Faetyl. I originally didn't want to include the eq2ui_mainhud.xml file to prevent people inadvertently overwriting an edited copy, however, to solve other installation problem the next version will include a pre-edited copy of the file as well as a faq and detailed install instructions. I plan to upload this latest version just before I start my move.
Unread 12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Link above incorrect

The link above point to Valdacil's Inventory w/ Stats (LU16 Compliant) is incorrect and point to a different Mod.

Last edited by Pteroglyph : 12-01-2005 at 05:45 PM.
Unread 12-03-2005, 12:15 PM
A Coastal Crab

I recognized problems with the Journal mod. Some pages do not have any content whereas others do.
-Some of the Heritage quest tabs have no content.
-The page under Writs -> Freeport -> Tier 6 has no content.
-None of the 3 Tabs in the Others tab has any content.

I double checked the files. All files are in the right place. All txt files have content. The paths in eq2ui_journals_quest.xml are correct.

Any ideas?
Unread 12-03-2005, 05:32 PM
A Mist Grinnin

As of tomorrow (12/4) I will be shutting down my computers in preparation for a move. Unfortunately, I will be down/in-transit for approximately the next month. Currently, none of my mods have been broken by an LU's and seem to be pretty robust. I hope that over the next month they continue to survive the one or two LU's which may occur. Once I return I will ensure that all mods are up to date and will continue to add content to the Equipment Guide. I appologize for any inconvience this may provide as far as tech support and believe me am not looking forward to the extended time away from the game and the community. Take care all, see you in a month's time (I hope).
Unread 02-07-2006, 03:42 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Currently (as of 2-7-06) the Provisioner's Cookbook part of Valdacil's Tradeskill W/ Spell List, Prov Cookbook and Equipment Guide is having interference with the Milquetowst InfoCenter.

If I install both the Milquetowst InfoCenter and your Tradeskill mod, all of the windows in the Provisioner's Cookbook window (after pressing the button from the Recipe Book) display nothing but blue background. The Spell List, Equipment Guide, and Milquetowst InfoCenter windows all display correctly.

If I:

A) delete the "eq2ui_journals_infocenter.xml" file, the Provisioner's Cookbook windows display correctly.

B) copy everything in the "infocenter" folder to the "valdacil_info" folder and then replace all references to "infocenter" with "valdacil_info" in the "eq2ui_tradeskills_cookbook.xml," the Provisioner's Cookbook, InfoCenter, and everything else work correctly.

I am assuming that using the <include> on the same text file in both XMLs is causing the problem, but dont know enough about it to be sure.

As a possible fix, I would be all for the Provisioner's Cookbook button opening up the InfoCenter already set to the Cookbook tab. This would also allow me to get rid of the macro on all my characters to open up the InfoCenter.

Anything that will let both of them run is ok though as they are both wonderful mods!
Unread 02-07-2006, 07:37 AM
A Griffon

Server: Permafrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xhi
If I install both the Milquetowst InfoCenter and your Tradeskill mod, all of the windows in the Provisioner's Cookbook window (after pressing the button from the Recipe Book) display nothing but blue background.
You're correct in assuming that this problem is due to duplicate <include> calls. I ran into the same problem back when I was pulling the same info files info two or more different windows myself.

The problem is easily fixed by "fooling" the system into thinking that two different files are being called.

In one or the other of the mods, replace the <include> calls structured like this:

<include>infocenter/harvesting/tier1.txt</include>

With calls structured like this:

<include>dummydir/../infocenter/harvesting/tier1.txt</include>

(A simple global search and replace from ">infocenter/" to ">dummydir/../infocenter/" will do the trick nicely.)

Even though the two references are of course calls to the same file, the system will treat them as calls to different files, and the data will load into both windows.

-- Darryl
Unread 02-15-2006, 12:59 PM
A Brown Bear

Server: Permafrost
Default Valdacil's AutoSearch Store w/ togglevault button issue

Quote:
Re: Re: Valdaci's Mods Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by heidrickla
Link is not working to post in the forum there so posting here... Using Profit UI the Find key from player housing Mechandise and Vault Merchandise window is not working with your new Market window. For example... when I click on an item in my house vault list and click find, normally it would find that item in the market window so I could compair prices. Now it is not bringing the items up to compair. Any suggestions?

It sounds like your UI is using an older version of the store window. A few updates ago (around 17 I think) Sony reformatted the windows w/ new pages. This required a complete rewrite of the market window to match Sony's new formatting. Which also meant that store windows w/ the "Find" function needed to be updated to point to the proper location in the market window. Thus I'm afraid the store mod you are using needs to be updated. If you search my name I have one available that should work fine w/ all current (post LU17) market windows. There are quite a few others that should work as well.
I too am having issues with your "Valdacil's AutoSearch Store w/ togglevault button". The impression that I got from your response above was that you might have misunderstood which "Find" he was referring to. I have the same issue and your response didn't seem to address what he was asking for. I believe that he was referring to the "Search" on the market window that comes up when you go to your market board in your house, (eq2ui_inventory_store) not the "Find" in the market window that comes up when you are at the broker (eq2ui_inventory_market). The "Search" in the store window no longer works with your most current "Valdacil's Market" window. The Search button brings up the market window but does not auto-search for the highlighted item like it used to. Can you tell me where you posted the fix for this or if it is no longer compatible, therefore will not be fixed? I have looked at all of your mods and don't see anything. The market window at http://www.eq2interface.com/download...fo.php?id=4073 did not contain a new store window.

Last edited by Punch : 02-15-2006 at 01:03 PM.
Unread 02-16-2006, 01:39 AM
A Fallen Diplomat

Server: Oggok

Ok, so just to make sure I got it. If you have a file in your UI folder in folder File named one.xml

On page calls include /File/one.xml /include
A different page calls /dummy/../File/one.xml

They will load the same file but not mess up? Awsome thanks.