EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Closed Thread
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:15 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42
Default [DrumsUI] Info Center

[DrumsUI] Info Center - Support Thread

Please post here any issues you encounter using the Info Center, suggestions for information, information you would like to add, or anything else concerning the Info Center.

Download: Here

If you're using a UI that has the eq2ui.xml file you need to make sure that <include>eq2ui_custom.xml</include> is added to the list.

Quote:
Rebuilt from the ground-up, code wise, the updated Info Center is something I've been working with on and off for the past two months. I wanted to create a stable base-code that would be easy to modify, update, and maintain. I did away with a lot of extra, unnecessary code and tried to come up with the best way to display information through the Info Center.

Most of what you will find in this updated Info Center will be very similar to the previous versions. I've condensed the information into an amounts of tabs that seemed to work best overall. There is only ever one tree-view list on the side, rather than layers of nested lists. And, a new expanding tree-view is used on several tabs now (Quests, Writs, Epics and Tradeskills).
update-log
---------

2008.07.29 - v3
  • Changed "Close" button method (v3.3)
  • Cleaned up Heritage Quest guides, and some other minor text file tweaks (v3.2)
  • Close button fixed (v3.1)
  • Minimizing and maximizing the window will not disrupt where your scroll bar is at any longer
  • The way the window closed has been changed so that the window will not change your current page/tab
  • Code changes were made to allow data to be used in other windows (such as my Journal window)
  • InfoCenter/includes.xml now needs to be included in your eq2ui_custom.xml
---------

2008.07.05 - v2
  • The /DrumsUI/ folder is no longer part of this compilation. Hope it makes things easier!
  • This released adds a few updates to the Info Center:
    • Epic weapon guides for both Artisan and Adventurers.
    • Neriak and Gorowyn City Tasks information, as well at T8 writ information for all cities
    • a button in the EQ2 Startmenu, a minimize button on the window, and the ESC key is disabled
    • Lore & Legend quick list has been updated and now includes locations
  • Other small various updates/fixes/additions
    • TWIKIE button now displays the Index page, and the <Back button will show the Welcome page
---------

2008.02.26 - Initial Release
  • This first release includes all of what has been previously included in the Info Center. It has the T8 Spell Lists and the most recent TIWIKE update.
    • I've personally gone through and edited/touched up a Lot of the information included within the Info Center. There are still a lot of sections that I would like to go back over to format for best viewing.
    • All of the guides for current Heritages Quests are included, as well as the Cloak of Flames, all current Signature Quests, Prismatic series, Peacock Club series, Claymore series, and Swords of Destiny.
  • Coming for next major release...
    • Guides for the Epic Weapons, Writ information for T8
    • Any current missing/new information available since the RoK release
    • A button to minimize the Info Center and make use of the new window selector
---------

* A big thanks to DBurgdorf for originally creating the Info Center and helping out the community, gm9 for continual support towards updating information contained, mortis42 for the updated Swords of Destiny series, and Lodrelhai for the continual updates to the TIWKE section.

Feedback is welcomed!
I hope this new Info Center is a useful tool for everyone. I've put a lot of time into it.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 02-16-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:23 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Quick information

Known Bug List:
- none

Additions in progress:
- none currently

Need information:
- pending

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-05-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Unread 02-26-2008, 03:34 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Nice, looking forward to try it out.
Unread 02-26-2008, 04:27 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

If you used the latest standalone InfoCenter upload I made + Lodrelhai's latest files, attached here are updates thereto that are currently only on the ProfitUI Updater.

Credits for the list of status furniture go to psychogonk.
The second file is the T8 harvest information which had a typo.
Attached Files
File Type: txt statusfurniture.txt (8.2 KB, 2132 views)
File Type: txt tier8.txt (905 Bytes, 744 views)
Unread 03-05-2008, 10:28 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Thanks for letting me use this in ProfitUI, it is now part of my release. I just wanted to mention that I ironed out a couple of quirks when implementing it. It was late when I did it but this is what I remember doing:
  • you forgot to close the <include> tags in the includes.xml - I suppose it was probably still working but my XML editor didn't like that.
  • I'm not sure if you forced the DrumsUI\ path on purpose, but you probably have. Just makes it difficult if people want to use your InfoCenter with other mods.
  • The T8 writs were missing from the navigation bars (maybe on purpose since the files are still empty).
  • I made it so that when switching to the TIWIKE bar the TIWIKE index page is shown, and when swithing back the default misc page is shown. Your code only switched the menu, but it looked like you did that on purpose.
Apart from that I like your coding very much, beautifully done and very clean.
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:23 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Thanks, and cheers.

1. Oops.

2. I figured that it would be easier to avoid some confusion by sticking all the files in a different starter directory. I know that it makes it a bit strange with the name, but I wasn't sure what else to call it at the time. Some are not always great with uninstall instructions, though there really wouldn't be any conflicts considering a lot of the files I renamed slightly.

3. I realized I forgot the T8 writ buttons, yes, but I didn't add them at the time considering, as you said, they were gonna be empty anyhow.

4. Either way, I figured works fine for that. I'll probably switch it to select the index as well.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-03-2008 at 08:35 PM.
Unread 03-05-2008, 11:30 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
2. I figured that it would be easier to avoid some confusion by sticking all the files in a different starter directory. I know that it makes it a bit strange with the name, but I wasn't sure what else to call it at the time. Some are not always great with uninstall instructions, though there really wouldn't be any conflicts considering a lot of the files I renamed slightly.
That's cool, if your users read your installation instructions, I was just afraid that they might only take the InfoCenter folder out of your archive (instead of the entire DrumsUI\Infocenter tree) because that's what they were used to. Time will tell.
Unread 03-06-2008, 10:37 AM
A Brown Bear

Server: Kithicor

Can I pitch in feedback here, or should I delete this and send it as a PM?

Anyway, I've no idea if you can, but if you can put a search function somewhere in the info center? I've been using it a good bit to brush back up on stuff I should already know, because I recently started playing again and have forgotten most everything. In using it, that's the thing that I wish was there most often. Anyway, other than that, it's just exactly what I need, so thank you for putting it back out there.
Unread 03-20-2008, 07:31 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Hmm...I really want to use this mod, but whenever I open it I get nothing but a big black box. The only other mods I am using are EQ2MAP, EQ2MAP POI Finder, DrumsUI Horizontal Journal, and this mod. I have my DrumsUI folder inside my EQ2MAP folder which is my customUI directory. My eq2ui_custom.xml reads as folows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>eq2ui_custom_poifinder.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml</include>
</Page>

Any ideas?
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:28 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorna View Post
Hmm...I really want to use this mod, but whenever I open it I get nothing but a big black box. The only other mods I am using are EQ2MAP, EQ2MAP POI Finder, DrumsUI Horizontal Journal, and this mod. I have my DrumsUI folder inside my EQ2MAP folder which is my customUI directory. My eq2ui_custom.xml reads as folows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Page IgnoreTab="false" ismodule="true" Name="Custom" PackSize="1,1" PackSizeProp="0002/0003,0002/0003" ScrollExtent="1024,768" Size="1024,768" Visible="false">
<include>eq2ui_custom_poifinder.xml</include>
<include>eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml</include>
</Page>

Any ideas?
First, thanks for explaining everything in detail. Avoids me asking other questions
It appears you have everything in the right place. I also use the POI Finder. I suggest making sure that eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml is in your customUI folder (EQ2MAP in your case) and maybe try unzipping the files from the zip again into the directory.

Will be releasing an update soon which will change the DrumsUI folder to just be the InfoCenter folder. Maybe this will fix any problems or confusion that may occur.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 03-20-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Unread 03-20-2008, 11:29 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijahsraven View Post
Can I pitch in feedback here, or should I delete this and send it as a PM?

Anyway, I've no idea if you can, but if you can put a search function somewhere in the info center? I've been using it a good bit to brush back up on stuff I should already know, because I recently started playing again and have forgotten most everything. In using it, that's the thing that I wish was there most often. Anyway, other than that, it's just exactly what I need, so thank you for putting it back out there.
Sorry I did not see this earlier. I can't really think too much of a great way to implement any kind of "search" into the InfoCenter. The only thing I see feasible would be an online InfoCenter, but that would pretty much defeat the purpose since you can open thinks such as eq2.wikia.com in the in-game browser.
Unread 05-19-2008, 11:21 PM
A Forest Scavenger
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Default black box's

Originally posted by pyro_az
Problem is a black box pops up and has to be clicked away. As well as when ya click the start menu tab. This mod shows up but wont click away and I have to lower it below view and raise it to get required info... What do I need to do to fix this??? I have checked all threads and must be missing something??? Please help...

Could you post a screenshot possibly in the support topic, and maybe list some of the other mods you're using, and double check that you have all the files in the right folders.

Here is the list of mods I use... Thanx again for the help...

DrumsUI_InfoCenter
DrumsUI_bank_GU45
[Dragowulf-HintonUI] Extreme Guild Window
[DragowulfUI] Advanced 6-Way Inventory
[DragowulfUI] Modded ConnectionStats Window
[DragowulfUI] T.King Undead Gothic skin
RickF7666 Persona Window
RickF7666 Casting & Breath Windows
RickF7666 Compass & Clock
RickF7666Experience
ZHeroic
ZTradeSkill_V22
Zy's_Tribal_Cross
uberfuzzy_market_lu42
Wildsongs_Target_Windows_with_spell_effects
tking_frostfell_book
PentaTypeMaintainedUI_(MirageKnight_edit)
Tasi's Journal UI
eq2ui_mainhud_hotkey05012008
dnodeadvPet
Aseekia's_groupmember_window_c2c_&_c2cast_spell_v2.0
Aseekia's_Modded_Player_Window_v2.0
EQ2MAP
eq2map_POIFinder_1.51_041008
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EQ2_000001.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	165.3 KB
ID:	6435  
Unread 05-20-2008, 04:10 AM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

you probably still have the <include> for the old infocenter in your journals.xml.
Unread 05-20-2008, 01:45 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default thankee

Tasi's Journal UI should have taken care of that tho I would think... Looked and doesnt look like it??? even downloaded the old Milquetowst Info Center and I dont see anything that would have remained... got to be something small that I am overlooking... bah
Unread 05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
gm10-1
Premium Member
EQ2Interface Super Mod
Featured

No, it wouldn't. I'm talking about eq2ui_journals.xml - if you have it, you shouldn't, so remove it. Might be something else of course with that mix of mods but from your screens it's likely that is the reason.
Unread 05-21-2008, 04:54 AM
A Forest Scavenger

Default crosshairs

I pulled it out and again nothing... I did check the default ui folder and there is a journals in it. I looked at both and there is no difference between the two(the default and my custom ui folder). what should I check next??? thanx for the patience, as I am a newbie when it comes to programing...
Unread 05-21-2008, 08:39 AM
A Griffon

Server: Lucan DLere
Default try this

it sound to me like you have a graphcs componant in the wrong spot - Drums folder set up is a bit unique and can mess you up if you dont keep the folder structure the way he intended.

I'd remove drums infocenter and re-install it from scratch, paying particular attention to the location of anything that needs to go into the image folder.

hope that helps.
Unread 05-21-2008, 02:22 PM
A Griffon
Featured

As far as my InfoCenter goes, I don't have any custom graphics. It's simply the eq2ui_custom.xml and the eq2ui_custom_infocenter.xml in the CustomUI folder. Then there's the DrumsUI folder which has the InfoCenter folder inside that. In that folder there are several files and subfolders which are xml files for each tab, and text files for each one.

There being an extra black window showing up is strange.
You say it shows up when you open the InfoCenter AND when you try to access your start menu? How exactly/when does it pop up and how do you get it to go away? Also, does the InfoCenter work for you afterwards, at all?

It definitely sounds like something is conflicting. I thought gm9 had the right guess, but guess not... hmmmm
I'm sorry I can't test stuff out in-game right now. In-between jobs and my subscription ran out for this month. It will be a couple days or so before I can get back up and running. I'm on a tight budget!
Unread 05-21-2008, 10:05 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Default The Black Box

Hey bro.... It works and I have a way around what it does sooo.... ITS ALL GOOD!!! You have done great work and I give you much kudos for it! I am greatful for it. Wish I knew how to do some of the programing as I would love to create for all. thanx again bro and I hope your situation gets better soon.... thanx again for your help and for GM9's as well.
Unread 05-22-2008, 12:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Good to hear. What was the problem in case anyone else experiences the same issue? Thanks!
Unread 05-22-2008, 03:37 AM
A Forest Scavenger

no change, just moved it to bottom of screen. when I push the start button for info, the black box pops up. I have to right click and use the close option to get it to clear away.
Unread 05-22-2008, 02:56 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Welp, very strange. Hopefully you stumble upon the cause of the black box coming up. Otherwise, glad you have a workaround for now.
Unread 06-20-2008, 01:37 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I am having the same problem and cannot fix it. I use tasi's journal UI and a few others have you found any fixes yet? When I go into the start button and click infocenter I get a big black box which i can move around and all and close but nothing in it....

Ok well what i did was go into my EQ2ui_custom file and add the <include>infocenter or w/e it is <include> and now it opens with EQ2 and cannot be closed so I moved it to the lower right side of my screen for now until it can be fixed if u guys have any ideas. Also if I go into the start menu and try to open i still get the box lol but the one that opens with EQ2 works fine

Last edited by mjones1052 : 06-20-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Unread 06-20-2008, 02:30 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Did you have a previous version of the Info Center installed?
Do you have a eq2ui_journals.xml file in your UI folder?
Unread 06-20-2008, 09:14 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

No
Yes
isnt journals needed?
just removed jounarls and nothing

Last edited by mjones1052 : 06-20-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Closed Thread