EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > DrumsUI

Unread 04-02-2011, 06:55 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Server: Antonia Bayle
Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

Seems like a possible correct directory, but if you have 2 installations, it depends where the game is launching from.
Unread 04-03-2011, 03:49 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Begging for a little more help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumstix42 View Post
Make sure your eq2ui_custom.xml is up to date and includes the DrumsUI/DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml file.
Sir, you will have to excuse me, but I dread reloading a new computer, because I don't know all this jargon, I wish i could show you the little station handle that comes up when i load from programx86, it looks like a cb handle and goes to station.com, stupid.

Everything works on the UI, except that window, I am just not sure what you mean by this quote. Where is that eq2ui_custom.xml ? What file should i look under?
Unread 04-03-2011, 10:50 AM
A Griffon
Featured

Send a message via AIM to Drumstix42 Send a message via MSN to Drumstix42 Send a message via Yahoo to Drumstix42

eq2ui_custom.xml would be inside the root folder of your DrumsUI folder, ie:
/install location/Everquest II/UI/DrumsUI/

By up-to-date, I wasn't sure if you are trying to use the Updater still or the manual download. And make sure this file exists:
/install location/Everquest II/UI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI/DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:26 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

Fresh install:

Stat Bar Settings window: Under "Bar Options #2" I can't click any item in the top row (health, power, HP regen, etc).

Not sure when this might have happened because it is now unclickable on any computer, but I update them all nearly every time I log in to the game. Is this something I've done wrong somewhere?

Thanks for a great UI, I hope this is something easy!
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:39 AM
A Griffon
Featured

This bug was pointed out to me just recently, and will hopefully be fixed within the next day or so. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Unread 04-10-2011, 02:45 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Lucan DLere

Cool, thanks! It is only a minor inconvenience, just hoping it is an easy fix for you. I'm sure you have nothing else to do all day!
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:22 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Question still having issues after many checks

Sir, thank you so much for your install help. I will be donating to your cause most definitely, I have many guild mates that swear by the Drums UI and I do love it as well.

I am still having a minor issue trying to get the stat bar or menu to work. The rest of the UI is workihg perfectly.

Now, when i first started, it worked just fine, then after I readjusted the windows, placed them where i wanted, it disappeared, I have tried to resize and everything, go full screen, whatever to try to get it back. I have re-downloaded the updater many times. I do have the files in the correct places, and I have checked them to include the codes you needed in the custom.xml file. I have learned a lot.

Also, in doing this, I found that I had EQ2 installed in 2 different locations on my system, fixed that, it's the windows 7, and it's installed in
C:/users/public/sony online entertainment/installed games/everquest 2/ (then this is where the custom.xml and all the folders are... ui, Test Servers, Screenshots, etc...) and it was installed in program filesx86. that was inactive so deleted all that.

then...in the folder... (names shortened for brevity, but the same as above)
C:/users/public/soe/IG/EQ2/UI/ ... here is another custom.xml same as above with the eq2ui_mainhud Start file. inside the custom xml's are the codes you requested be added.
so i tried everything, but in the end, i found that the custom file goes in the installation folder as requested, and the files are set appropriately.

Everything matches all the help , FAQ's and stuff, it is just that pesky stat bar, menu button, any chance that can be shoved off screen and i just can't see it? that is what i could use a quick check on... thanks
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:46 PM
A Griffon
Featured

You can try issuing a /show_window MainHUD.StartButton command in game to see if that'll force it open.

I just made a few updates to the UI which are now on the updater as well. Try maybe grabbing the newest files again. Hopefully you can get that window to show up for ya.
Unread 04-10-2011, 11:51 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.26 - 2011.04.11
- New [ZonePopup]: The zoning popup window has been added. It's wider than default allowing more text to be seen without resizing.
- Update [Examine]: Examine windows' widths have been slightly increased to better fit stats and closer match the tooltip size.
- Update [MainMenu]: A few tweaks to the DrumsUI Main Menu window. A few buttons now hide the main menu after being clicked.
- Fix [StatBar]: Bar #2 options should now be toggleable again in the options popup.
Unread 04-14-2011, 12:36 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Thumbs Up Almost There!

Well, this is kind of funny, all the commands work.
when i use /show_window Custom.DrumsUI_StatBarWindow ....
the menu for the stat bar appears, let's me toggle what i want to put on the hot bar, but that stupid hot bar just does not want to appear lol.. I think it's funny, because it works on all 3 other computers in my house but this one. And i know it's there, I just can't find it. So,
by chance is there a command to reset the location of just that window?
I tried resetting all windows, default location, but it never showed up, strange huh...
I think i am beyond help now, but... at least i do have the menu window now, and I very much appreciate the help, love the UI, best out there by far.
Unread 04-28-2011, 05:43 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
v1.27 - 2011.04.28
- New [TargetCasting]: A seperate window has been added to show the Target's casting bar. This is an option window. Show it with: /show_window Custom.TargetCasting
- Update [Persona]: Housing tab added with multipl-housing patch. Currency/mount tab lists rows decreased in size to show more at once.
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:02 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

I run drumsui on 2 computers. When I click the Menu, I get the drumsui main menu on one computer, but on the other one, nothing happens...no drumsui main menu, no EQ2 menu, nothing. I can get the stat bar settings on both computers.

Any ideas?
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:11 PM
A Forest Scavenger

Make sure your eq2ui_custom has this line in it:
Code:
<include>DrumsUI/DrumsUI_MenuWindow.xml</include>
Unread 04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

That was it - thanks!
Unread 05-31-2011, 12:23 PM
A Griffon
Featured

GU60 patch.

Update Log:
v1.28 - 2011.05.31
Update [Examine]: Examine window updated for GU60's adornment icons.
- Update [Target/Implied]: Now includes Target Tag icons (GU60 update).
- Update [Persona]: Stat areas slightly adjusted for GU60's changes. New PVP stat button tab. Bountiful Harvest stat is now included with Tradeskill stats.
- Update [Knowledge]: Minor code changes to mirror default UI changes on Research tab.
- Fix [BGScore]: The mini scoreboard's top-left button shouldn't have a background color overflow any more (button size tweak).
Unread 06-01-2011, 12:33 PM
A Crazed Gnoll

I didn't see the Bountiful Harvests under Tradeskills or anywhere in the skills listing (would think that should be listed with the harvest skills, and not the tradeskillls too).
Unread 06-01-2011, 03:03 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Is in with the tradeskill stats. make sure you resize your window down if it's not tall enough.

It's not in the harvesting skills page as that is generated by the server.
Unread 06-15-2011, 11:48 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Spell Timer mod uploaded.

Update Log:
- New [SpellTimer]: Spell Timer mod included. Track up to 15 spells per-character. Access via Main Menu window.
- Update [TargetCasting]: The Target Casting window can now be toggled from the Main Menu window, and will be saved in an open-state on per-character basis.
- Update [MainMenu]: A drop down has been added to replace the Show Titles toggle. You can now quickly show either Horizontal or Vertical setup on player name titles.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 06-15-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Unread 06-18-2011, 03:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [MainChat]: The chat window's scrollabar is now located on the right and will AutoHide when the mouse is off the window. Toggling the window Titlebar will now toggle the chat input so you can hide chat input on secondary chat windows.
- Fix [SpellTimer]: The Spell Timer window and settings should work as expected when camping to yourself or switching characters.
Unread 06-19-2011, 12:34 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- Update [MainChat]: The chat tabs are no longer controlled by the Frame opacity slider. The old chat window is now available as variant on the updater settings.
Unread 07-10-2011, 12:18 PM
A Forest Scavenger

is there a mechanism for adding or removing the quick click macro buttons which display over player names in the group window? Say for instance that I only need 2 of them, and the other 3 remain unused. Is there a way for me to configure the UI to only display the 2 buttons that i actually use rather than all 5?

Last edited by Vulcanus : 07-10-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Unread 07-10-2011, 04:40 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanus View Post
is there a mechanism for adding or removing the quick click macro buttons which display over player names in the group window? Say for instance that I only need 2 of them, and the other 3 remain unused. Is there a way for me to configure the UI to only display the 2 buttons that i actually use rather than all 5?
Currently, no. In the future, possibly.
Unread 07-12-2011, 07:44 PM
A Griffon
Featured

Update Log:
- New [Guild]: Added a Calendar toggle button to the top-left corner of the window.
- Update [Maintained]: Click-to-cancel overlays have been given a color and are now closer to 50% of the icon.
- Update [SpellTimer]: Added remaining duration bars which become more visible as the duration expires. Duration text also becomes red as duration ticks down.
- Update [TargetCasting]: Window will now display Implied target's casting bar if you are targeting through a player.
- Update [Raid]: Added a overlay handle/image to both move and right-click the raid window easier. Click buttons & cures should be more dependable. Re-coded buttons' display code.
- Update [Group]: Click buttons & cures should be more dependable. Re-coded buttons' display code.
- Update [Experience]: Reordering the XP bars now saves between sessions and per character. PVP infamy bar has been added. Debt/UnspentAA texts now display over the bar, and only when they are not zero.
- Fix [Chat]: Secondary chat windows should behave as expected (no more text overflow, or default channel button in the wrong spot).
- Fix [Player]: The Click Button Settings button should now stay functional when switching between characters.

Last edited by Drumstix42 : 07-13-2011 at 05:33 PM.
Unread 07-26-2011, 09:25 PM
A Griffon
Featured

I'd suggest trying to remove the java cache of the install (from the control panel, or the java panel), and reinstalling the Updater in that case.
Unread 08-21-2011, 05:38 PM
A Young Mystail Rat

Default Error running

When i try to run the updater i get "splash: recv failed" error. even uninstalled and redownloaded the installer again and it won't run.