EQ2Interface.com
Search Downloads

Go Back   EQ2Interface > Featured Projects > ProfitUI

Unread 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Server: Antonia Bayle
Default Few UI problems

I have 2 problems with my proUI, 1st is my Tradeskill tab (N) or and crafting at all says not compatible, now just recently it has also added that my tool tips are not compatible. Both were in my updater a few weeks ago and I ran it, now it says all files are up to date. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the updater, but it still says all up to date but no fix. Any ideas?
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:24 AM
A Griffon
Interface Author - Click to view interfaces

Server: Unrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostidol View Post
I have 2 problems with my proUI, 1st is my Tradeskill tab (N) or and crafting at all says not compatible, now just recently it has also added that my tool tips are not compatible. Both were in my updater a few weeks ago and I ran it, now it says all files are up to date. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the updater, but it still says all up to date but no fix. Any ideas?
Check where the shortcut to eq2 is pointing and make sure you profit UI is pointing to the same directory.

Those files have been updated and work so you most likely have a 2nd installation to the game or your directory has become read only. Also check to make sure you don't have eq2_examine.xml and eq2_tradeskills.xml on the ignore list of the updater.
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:34 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

Man I feel like a tard, but no idea what you are talking about hehe. how can I check ignored things?
Unread 12-13-2012, 05:35 AM
A Young Mystail Rat

I found the ignore, I have nothing on that list. But whatever the other stuff you said uummmm is like russian.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
A Forest Scavenger

I'm having exactly the same problem. My Profit updater is pointing to C:\Windows\System32\javaws.exe -localfile "C:\Users\Wolf\AppData\LocalLow\Sun\Java\Deployment\cache\6.0\30\3c7a95e-241f9095" and my EQ2 shortcut is pointing to "C:\Program Files\Sony\EverQuest II\EQ2.exe". Profit UI is in my EQ2 directory and I'm not sure about how it is supposed to point.

Is that wrong? Your suggestion is a bit confusing. I only have one installation of EQ2. When the expansion came out I went and took on experimentation and it didn't work so I downloaded and pasted in the file you posted in the "experimentation thread". That worked as did everything else. Having done my experimentation I respeced tradeskill prestige for harvesting and the goblin. However today I wanted to do more experimentation so I went to my trusty mirror and loaded the "experimentation" spec but the green button was no longer there again. So I repasted the posted tradeskill XML file from your post. Again, the green button was there and this was just before the latest patch. Now, whether I use the pasted XML file or overwrite it with the Profit updater I get the same error message either way - that my UI is incompatible in regards to tootips and other things.

Nothing is on ignore and I could really use some direction here. If you have any questions I will be watching this thread hourly.

Last edited by Swelter : 12-13-2012 at 11:44 AM.
Unread 12-13-2012, 11:40 AM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostidol View Post
The examine window's up-to-date and working. That problem usually happens when you're not running the installation of EQ2 you think you are. Pull up the Profit updater and look in Settings | File Paths for the Everquest II folder. Then right-click on the desktop icon you use to start EQ2 and select the "Open file location" menu item. Compare the path of that folder to the one the Profit updater's using. If the two aren't the same, change the Profit updater's path to point to the same folder as the game icon. If you're also using EQ2Map and using that to start the game, check it's paths to make sure the Profit updater's using the same ones EQ2Map is.

For the tradeskill window, currently you need to select the larger old variant. I'm working on the scripting in the default variant, but until I release it the old windows don't work with the new hard-coding in the game for the tabs. I think I've got it done, I'm just working out some weird behavior. I may end up saying "It works OK if you're not switching panes mid-combine, that's good enough for now", release it along with some maintained-window variants and some graphics changes that're showing up on Test and are compatible with live, and fix the remaining weirdness as I can.
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:20 PM
A Forest Scavenger

I am having the same issue as the OP, so is my husband on his computer. Our filepaths are the same as the OPs too. All was working before today's EQ2 update (Dec. 13, 2012).

If the filepaths in the shortcuts need to be the same and were before the patch, why would ProfitUI change its filepath to the Java folder? What can we do to stop this from happening in the future?

From inside Profit, the filepath does match the shortcut for EQ2. Are those the filepaths that should be the same? Do we need to change the shortcut for profit to match the filepath that shows up in the Setting menu of Profit?

I have done a full computer search to make sure there are no duplicates of EQ2 or ProfitUI.

We non-programers thank you for helping us figure this out.

Last edited by Te'ana : 12-13-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:30 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te'ana View Post
I am having the same issue as the OP, so is my husband on his computer. Our filepaths are the same as the OPs too. All was working before today's EQ2 update (Dec. 13, 2012).

If the filepaths in the shortcuts need to be the same and were before the patch, why would ProfitUI change its filepath to the Java folder? What can we do to stop this from happening in the future?

From inside Profit, the filepath does match the shortcut for EQ2. Are those the filepaths that should be the same? Do we need to change the shortcut for profit to match the filepath that shows up in the Setting menu of Profit?

I have done a full computer search to make sure there are no duplicates of EQ2 or ProfitUI.

We non-programers thank you for helping us figure this out.
It appears soe has changed the tooltip system again. It will take tknarr a few to fix the examine window so until then simply go to the ProfitUI folder and delete eq2_examine.xml
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
A Forest Scavenger

This is Te'ana's husband. I renamed the examine file to exam (I did not want to risk losing it if it turned out to be needed) in the Profit UI window and it seems to have fixed the problem.
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:17 PM
A Coastal Crab

Server: Unkown
Default incompatable ui with tooltips

Hello, Ive been using profit for a long time and today this issue has just arisen for me and my wife, there are no items in our ignored lists, the file path is directed to the proper EQ2 folder (verified via game location in advanced settings in the launcher, and the filepath in ProfitUI's updater). the directory was in fact read only and that has been changed, however no new updates are available. As of today, the beginning of fostfell, we cannot examine via scrolling over which is a detriment to looting things. Please assist!

Thank you,
Ekame BlackMoon
Antonia Bayle
The Tempest
Unread 12-13-2012, 01:22 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekame View Post
Hello, Ive been using profit for a long time and today this issue has just arisen for me and my wife, there are no items in our ignored lists, the file path is directed to the proper EQ2 folder (verified via game location in advanced settings in the launcher, and the filepath in ProfitUI's updater). the directory was in fact read only and that has been changed, however no new updates are available. As of today, the beginning of fostfell, we cannot examine via scrolling over which is a detriment to looting things. Please assist!

Thank you,
Ekame BlackMoon
Antonia Bayle
The Tempest

Delete the eq2_examine.xml file until tknarr can update it. SoE did a change again to the tooltips system which again broke the window
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
A Grove Wisp

Server: Freeport

My question is what did profit update to that window that we need the profit version and not the default version? Is this something we need the profits version over the default one?
Unread 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM
A Griffon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berekona View Post
My question is what did profit update to that window that we need the profit version and not the default version? Is this something we need the profits version over the default one?
Search feature of the window?